Vamos Atleti! La Liga winners (merged threads)

Deodato

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Highest paid coach in the world apparently. Speaks volumes. Demands hard work and desire, gets the best out of every single player, delivers results continually 

Indeed he does. Chuffed for them. 

6 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Fitting that a club which used to be run by generals from Franco's air force wins the title with a goal from a proven racist who also goes around biting people. Simeone is a horrible ***** and an actor as well.

Always found there was something very Hibs about Atletico fans when I lived in Madrid. The same pish about the atmosphere being better than at their bigger rivals and being the people's club. I was just waiting for them to tell me about their sloping pitch and being the first team to have floodlights.

Puta Atleti! Viva el Rayo Vallecano!

Have taken in a vallecano game and really enjoyed the passion of their fans. Dont know the areas of Madrid too well but vallecas had my wife shitting herself when we got off the metro initially 😂  definitely less touristy than Puerto del sol but we survived and had a great time. The atmosphere at atleti is pure passion in my opinion rather than the prawn sandwich brigade of real. As for Suarez, yep he has done some horrible things in his career. A lot of which I don't agree with. Cant deny he's been a **** at times but this season he was a wounded animal. Dumped by barca and bit them in the arse massively. If you watch his post match interview, to me you'll see a decent bloke who is an all out winner. Bit like ramos at real. Unless you support Real, he's a horrible **** but you can't deny his winners mentality. At the end of the day, football is like pantomime with a hero and villain. Deep down are any of them better or worse than the majority of us??? Probably not in my opinion 

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

Have taken in a vallecano game and really enjoyed the passion of their fans. Dont know the areas of Madrid too well but vallecas had my wife shitting herself when we got off the metro initially 😂  definitely less touristy than Puerto del sol but we survived and had a great time. The atmosphere at atleti is pure passion in my opinion rather than the prawn sandwich brigade of real. As for Suarez, yep he has done some horrible things in his career. A lot of which I don't agree with. Cant deny he's been a **** at times but this season he was a wounded animal. Dumped by barca and bit them in the arse massively. If you watch his post match interview, to me you'll see a decent bloke who is an all out winner. Bit like ramos at real. Unless you support Real, he's a horrible **** but you can't deny his winners mentality. At the end of the day, football is like pantomime with a hero and villain. Deep down are any of them better or worse than the majority of us??? Probably not in my opinion 

Very valid points. Hopefully most folk song go round biting people and being racist though.

The Atleti atmosphere is great at certain games but they have their flat moments too and plenty of them. Not that you'd think that the way they go on about it.

4 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

I went to see atleti about 8 years ago for the 1st time. Initially I went purely to see a Spanish game. I can't stand real and the galactico pish so it seemed a good alternative. I had an absolute ball. Locals were passionate, super friendly and were a massive club living in the shadows of Franco's team. They reminded me so much of hearts. Big fan base with so much potential. Difference is Atletico madrid have realised theirs. Simeone is a massive part of that imo. I am first and foremost a hearts fan, have been since birth. Like many fellow jambos, I see no problem in having a '2nd team'. The majority of us follow a team with similar hard luck stories to ourselves and tonight I make no apologies for enjoying hibs hibsing it again and my 'other' team winning a hard graft title against the mighty Barca and Real  

Can wee pronounce it athletico/atlético. That's all. I liked watching Barcelona when Messi was at his peak. I didn't have a lisp when I was talking about them. 

8 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

I went to see atleti about 8 years ago for the 1st time. Initially I went purely to see a Spanish game. I can't stand real and the galactico pish so it seemed a good alternative. I had an absolute ball. Locals were passionate, super friendly and were a massive club living in the shadows of Franco's team. They reminded me so much of hearts. Big fan base with so much potential. Difference is Atletico madrid have realised theirs. Simeone is a massive part of that imo. I am first and foremost a hearts fan, have been since birth. Like many fellow jambos, I see no problem in having a '2nd team'. The majority of us follow a team with similar hard luck stories to ourselves and tonight I make no apologies for enjoying hibs hibsing it again and my 'other' team winning a hard graft title against the mighty Barca and Real  

Nice picture from my cousin-in-law, celebrating their first la Liga success in many years in true style and fashion. Shame they couldn't get to the Neptuno fountain to celebrate 'cos of lockdown. 

Jambo Atleti.jpeg

The Ultimate Worrier
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Can wee pronounce it athletico/atlético. That's all. I liked watching Barcelona when Messi was at his peak. I didn't have a lisp when I was talking about them. 

There is no such word as "Athletico" and they're nickname is "Atleti" so people are perfectly entitled to refer to them as such.

I take your point about Barthelona though...

3 hours ago, Deodato said:

Nice picture from my cousin-in-law, celebrating their first la Liga success in many years in true style and fashion. Shame they couldn't get to the Neptuno fountain to celebrate 'cos of lockdown. 

Jambo Atleti.jpeg

I think they went to Neptuno anyway. Irresponsible but understandable.