Jump to content

***Summer 2021 Transfer Window***


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, brypie04 said:

Never heard of the guy, but a quick look at his Wikipedia page is quite interesting...

 

Free agent?

International player?

 

worth a punt.

Market value 2.25 m, he would demand to much of a wage for us to afford imo

Edited by One five
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • GinRummy

    433

  • Batistuta87

    422

  • Pasquale for King

    377

  • Smith's right boot

    333

The Old Tolbooth
7 hours ago, Random jambo said:

Takuma Asano

Would love to see this guy at us 

 

 

I love Japanese players, their energy and desire is amazing and you always get 100% from them, this would excite me, Bob would probably play him as a holding midfielder though... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I can confidently predict we are now one day closer to a new signing than we were this time yesterday. 👍

And you expect us to believe that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why we would sign Greg Stewart, plays in a position we are over filled already. Asano would at least find fresh use for the Japanese website

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't like the term maverick.  Marquee is my word.  Zeefuik was the ultimate marque signing.  30 stone overweight.  Didnt give a toss.  Had the touch of a ballet dancer with the ball at his feet as new rangers amongst several others were to find to their cost.

 

Marquee.

 

Wouldn't mind another one of them but they're thin on the ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth a watch even if unlikely, very much in the style of GMS. If. Big if, you had GMS Ginnelly, this dude and Boyce with Haring McEneff, flying full backs, it would be akin to Leeds style.

 

Ah, its nice to dream

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Don't like the term maverick.  Marquee is my word.  Zeefuik was the ultimate marque signing.  30 stone overweight.  Didnt give a toss.  Had the touch of a ballet dancer with the ball at his feet as new rangers amongst several others were to find to their cost.

 

Marquee.

 

Wouldn't mind another one of them but they're thin on the ground.

What about a Maquis signing instead? 

 

ChakotayMaquis.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Random jambo said:

Takuma Asano

Would love to see this guy at us 

 

 

Too good for us. He's the Japanese "wonderkid" that Arsenal signed a few years ago. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

 

Too good for us. He's the Japanese "wonderkid" that Arsenal signed a few years ago. 

 

He's a free agent though.

 

Don't ask, don't get...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, brypie04 said:

He's a free agent though.

 

Don't ask, don't get...

Also couldn’t have been on loads at Partizan, could offer him 3-4K a week

Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hearing could well be a signing announcement today ! No name given but that's what was just told

Please 😂😂 this place has been torture

Link to post
Share on other sites
Clark Griswold
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hearing could well be a signing announcement today ! No name given but that's what was just told

Fingers crossed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Please 😂😂 this place has been torture

It has indeed - but I must admit to being pretty impressed by how few  titbits of information are coming from inside the club. A complete change from the last few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
Just now, Deevers said:

It has indeed - but I must admit to being pretty impressed by how few  titbits of information are coming from inside the club. A complete change from the last few years.

That is true, seems a very professional setup we have in regards to sensitive information. Even Barry Anderson hasn’t had any snips

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing there might be an announcement tomorrow. No names but definitely an outfield player and possibly more than one. My contact did tell me it might be today but added it could be next week or even a week or two after that. Can’t reveal my source but he’s someone very close to someone close to someone who may or may not be connected to hearts. Make of that what you will but things are looking positive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hearing could well be a signing announcement today ! No name given but that's what was just told


I predicted wouldn’t happen this week as I couldn’t see it happening, not really been much this week to change that view and it’s Friday - BUT would be happily proved wrong if this is correct.

 

But it’s gonna be Liam Polwarth or something isn’t it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hearing there might be an announcement tomorrow. No names but definitely an outfield player and possibly more than one. My contact did tell me it might be today but added it could be next week or even a week or two after that. Can’t reveal my source but he’s someone very close to someone close to someone who may or may not be connected to hearts. Make of that what you will but things are looking positive. 


:interehjrling:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Under the floodlight
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Hearing there might be an announcement tomorrow. No names but definitely an outfield player and possibly more than one. My contact did tell me it might be today but added it could be next week or even a week or two after that. Can’t reveal my source but he’s someone very close to someone close to someone who may or may not be connected to hearts. Make of that what you will but things are looking positive. 

You must know the same guy as me, Ken Watlthatbe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:


I predicted wouldn’t happen this week as I couldn’t see it happening, not really been much this week to change that view and it’s Friday - BUT would be happily proved wrong if this is correct.

 

But it’s gonna be Liam Polwarth or something isn’t it?

Polwarth seems to divide opinion on here. Haven’t noticed him much myself. What do you think of him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Under the floodlight said:

You must know the same guy as me, Ken Watlthatbe?

Can’t reveal my source but it is someone with top level clearance and one of those wee plastic keys that open hotel doors, only the one he has opens any door anywhere in the world and gets him free Nando’s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It has indeed - but I must admit to being pretty impressed by how few  titbits of information are coming from inside the club. A complete change from the last few years.

 

Indeed it is impressive. Patience is a virtue and sometimes well worth the wait.

 

Here's hoping.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Polwarth seems to divide opinion on here. Haven’t noticed him much myself. What do you think of him?


Can’t say I’ve seen enough of him to form a strong opinion one way or another. Not sure he’s the type of midfielder we’d be needing mind you. If he signs then I’ll support and wish all the best, but I can imagine this place being somewhat underwhelmed if that’s the case. I mean going by here he’s not even in the Top 3 of players from Motherwell that people want to sign.

Edited by BackOfTheNet
Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts on Polwarth is that he’s a decent midfielder in the Irving mould. Would not want us to sign him as I do not think he’s the type of midfielder we’re crying out for (and have been for years). Not sure he’s much of an upgrade on what we’ve had in midfield in recent years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hearing could well be a signing announcement today ! No name given but that's what was just told

 

18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Aye something is happening today. Maybe more than something, plural. 

Ooooft, heids above parapet.  Good luck lads

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Morgaro Gomis said:

My thoughts on Polwarth is that he’s a decent midfielder in the Irving mould. Would not want us to sign him as I do not think he’s the type of midfielder we’re crying out for (and have been for years). Not sure he’s much of an upgrade on what we’ve had in midfield in recent years.

I don't know him at all - only really watch Hearts!

 

But if he doesn't have bags of energy, first to every loose ball, drive forward when he has it, he isn't what we need.  Sounds unlikely but the lad Campbell more the type of midfielder we lack.  All about balance of course and I don't think we've seen McEneff hit his heights yet, so perhaps we already have our box-to-box energy, but think we need more legs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't realise St Mirren have got Curtis Main and Greg Kiltie both free.

 

Not really a post relating to us missing out or we should have signed them, i'm more thinking they will do well there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs

Alright, I’ve been reading the tea leaves lads

 

Before the inter kit was announced, the club posted a “goal of the day” tweet of a goal in the original inter kit. The prior tweet foreshadowed the announcement.

 

The club yesterday tweeted Jose Quitongo’s goal as goal of the day.

 

I therefore predict that’s foreshadowing, we are going to sign Jai Quitongo who Neilson tried to sign 4 years ago from Morton. Not sure the lads current status, not great for Queens Park but age 23 so he’s the right age for the “bring down the average age” objective, cheap, and would be happy sitting behind Boyce and Gnanduillet 

 

Or maybe we’ll bring back Rico but he was only recently released iirc

Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Alright, I’ve been reading the tea leaves lads

 

Before the inter kit was announced, the club posted a “goal of the day” tweet of a goal in the original inter kit. The prior tweet foreshadowed the announcement.

 

The club yesterday tweeted Jose Quitongo’s goal as goal of the day.

 

I therefore predict that’s foreshadowing, we are going to sign Jai Quitongo who Neilson tried to sign 4 years ago from Morton. Not sure the lads current status, not great for Queens Park but age 23 so he’s the right age for the “bring down the average age” objective, cheap, and would be happy sitting behind Boyce and Gnanduillet 

 

Or maybe we’ll bring back Rico but he was only recently released iirc

 

Rico signed for Airdrionians. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Billy Gilmour supposedly heading out on loan this season coming. I would prefer not to have any loan players, but he could definitely do a job

Yeah he'd definitely do a job!!!

 

I think if he goes on loan, it'll be in the English Prem, not the Scottish one.

 

Kinda hope the lad stays at Chelsea, but then he is so young, so a great season playing every week at Palace or similar maybe the right call I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

 

Rico signed for Airdrionians. 


And Jai signed an extension last week at Queen’s Park.

 

So much for the tea leaves 👎

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Billy Gilmour supposedly heading out on loan this season coming. I would prefer not to have any loan players, but he could definitely do a job

Aston Villa, Nap

Link to post
Share on other sites
Berra than you
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:


And Jai signed an extension last week at Queen’s Park.

 

So much for the tea leaves 👎

 

 

Still a goal of the day to come today, don't put the tea leaves away yet 🤣.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Billy Gilmour supposedly heading out on loan this season coming. I would prefer not to have any loan players, but he could definitely do a job

 

 

I'd make an exception for the Scottish Iniesta. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...