A Bridge Too Far?

Guest sparrieheid

Guest sparrieheid

Not the 1977 WWII star-studded movie, but the bridge over the Water of Leith that connects Saint Marks Park to Broughton Road.

At some point yesterday 2 sets of double gates were erected across the path in the park about 10 feet from the bridge. They're currently stand-alone with no fences built from them but I'm wondering if anyone on here knows what's planned there.

The gates don't look like temporary measures, and you can currently just walk around them to gain access to the bridge, but I'm wondering if the bridge is due to be closed for maintenance work or shut for good.

Anyone here know?

Miller Jambo 60
Not the 1977 WWII star-studded movie, but the bridge over the Water of Leith that connects Saint Marks Park to Broughton Road.

At some point yesterday 2 sets of double gates were erected across the path in the park about 10 feet from the bridge. They're currently stand-alone with no fences built from them but I'm wondering if anyone on here knows what's planned there.

The gates don't look like temporary measures, and you can currently just walk around them to gain access to the bridge, but I'm wondering if the bridge is due to be closed for maintenance work or shut for good.

Anyone here know?

Edinburgh council mate looking for work.

Archived