Alloa match ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Gordon - 6 - Little to do

Smith - 7 - Keen to get  involved in things and prepared to step out from defence

Logan - 7 - Slow start but came on to a game as we slowly realised we had this thing called "space" in his area. Some decent crosses

Souttar - 7 - "Strolled it" is back

Haring - 9 - MoM. Might be harsh on Boyce to give him MoM but he was immense and that through ball for the 3rd was as good as Skacel to Jankauskas all those years ago

Halkett - 6 - Pressed under pressure initially, he finally decided to touch and pass quickly all game and improved

McEneff - 8 - Complemented Haring really well and deserved his goal

Halliday - 8 - Lovely pass to set up the first and worked his arse off throughout

Gnanduillet - 7 - Worked hard without much luck but did make an arse of the keeper!

Boyce - 9 - Deserved hat-trick and did a lot of dirty work outside the box as well

Henderson - 8 - One run changed his game and the momentum of the game. Nice finish for his goal too

Subs:

Naismith - 4 - Played a part in the fifth and looked livelier

Mackay-Steven - 2 - Not sure he touched the ball

Walker - 4 - Poacher extraordinaire!

Kalamazoo Jambo

Can’t disagree with any of that. Entire starting line up played well and so good to see some confidence back in the team again.

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

Henderson’s best game

He was outstanding. Him, Haring & Souttar have made the team look like it knows how to play football. 

Still a big window ahead, but very pleased. 

18 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Smith - 7 - Keen to get  involved in things and prepared to step out from defence

Logan - 7 - Slow start but came on to a game as we slowly realised we had this thing called "space" in his area. Some decent crosses

Haring - 9 - MoM. Might be harsh on Boyce to give him MoM but he was immense and that through ball for the 3rd was as good as Skacel to Jankauskas all those years ago

Halkett - 6 - Pressed under pressure initially, he finally decided to touch and pass quickly all game and improved

Halliday - 8 - Lovely pass to set up the first and worked his arse off throughout

Gnanduillet - 7 - Worked hard without much luck but did make an arse of the keeper!

Boyce - 9 - Deserved hat-trick and did a lot of dirty work outside the box as well

Henderson - 8 - One run changed his game and the momentum of the game. Nice finish for his goal too

Subs:

I am not going to argue with any Geoff.  When Hendo played alongside my son at Montrose I never thought he had the metal to make it.  I know nothing.

24 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Whaaaaaat ?  Goal of the season !! 😉

Finlay James

Gordon 7 - Nothing to do

Smith 7 - Strolled it

Souttar 8 - I don't think any of us realized how much we had missed him

Halkett 6 - Couple of wobbly moments aside, he was solid

Halliday 7 - Worked hard, great pass for 1st goal

Haring 9 - Welcome back big man

Mceneff 8 - Great energy and really good goal

Logan 6 - Pretty quiet evening but done nothing wrong

Henderson 8 - Best game in a Hearts jersey, what an asset with that pace

Gnanduillet 6 - Worked hard 

Boyce 10 - Outstanding all round and deserved hat trick

30 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

Id agree with that other than the 6 for Gordon. Id give him a 8 purely because he is Craig Gordon.

Brighton Jambo
33 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

Nailed it.  

colinmaroon
24 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Henderson’s best game

Delighted for him and that run will do his confidence the world of good.  Without that I don't think he would have been there for his goal.  Up until his run he was truly awful and I hope and pray that this is the start for the lad.

Also the difference with Haring, going forward that is.  Excellent passer of the ball, creates space for himself and I would say his contribution tonight is what changed the game's whole outlook. 

And, oh by the way, he was the ONLY holding midfielder.

Edited by colinmaroon

William H. Bonney

A game in which any one of 3 or 4 players could have been man of the match. 
A rarity this season. Great team performance. The best so far. 

Marooned Abroad
7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Delighted for him and that run will do his confidence the world of good.  Without that I don't think he would have been there for his goal.  Up until his run he was truly awful and I hope and pray that this is the start for the lad.

Also the difference with Haring, going forward that is.  Excellent passer of the ball, creates space for himself and I would say his contribution tonight is what changed the game's whole outlook. 

And, oh by the way, he was the ONLY holding midfielder.

Couldn’t agree more. Haring was OURSTANDING - just the way he used to be before that horrific injury. 

LarrysRightFoot

Much better performance but the standard to beat was very low. Nothing to get carried away by though.

Pleased for Henderson - always thought he had that little bit of tenacity and pace - and obviously Soapy.  

colinmaroon
12 minutes ago, Marooned Abroad said:

Couldn’t agree more. Haring was OURSTANDING - just the way he used to be before that horrific injury. 

Always looking to move and pass forwards.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Haring's passing was sublime and his movement provided forward momentum. 

That's what's been missing with an underperforming Irving in the team.

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

3 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Haring's passing was sublime and his movement provided forward momentum. 

That's what's been missing with an underperforming Irving in the team.

This absolutely, and one other thing. Peter Haring is just so much stronger than Andy Irving. Andy's a good player but often seems to be easily shrugged off the ball. Also, defenders can turn him on to his weaker side too easily. But he's young and he'll learn to deal with it. I hope with Hearts.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Only a good result if they follow it up with the same against Morton 

Easy tiger 😜

weegie jambo

Big Peter was immense, so much more effective than Irving. McEniff looked great in his preferred position. great to see Soapy back. He brought so much calm to the defence tonight and at last a centre back who will carry the ball forward. My only bit of nit picking was Smith was still in sideways and backwards mode a bit too often. Hendo, Boyce were great and Big Nando did a power of work without the goal his industry merited.

Gordon - 6

Smith - 6

Logan - 6

Souttar - 7

Haring - 8

Halkett - 6 

McEneff - 6

Halliday - 6

Gnanduillet - 7

Boyce - 8

Henderson - 6

Subs:

Naismith - 4

Mackay-Steven - 2 

Walker - 5

Sub4TiddlerMurray
30 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Gordon - 6

Smith - 6

Logan - 6

Souttar - 7

Haring - 8

Halkett - 6 

McEneff - 6

Halliday - 6

Gnanduillet - 7

Boyce - 8

Henderson - 6

Subs:

Naismith - 4

Mackay-Steven - 2 

Walker - 5

I'd add 1 to all those scores apart from Gnando (not that he was bad, it's just that every other player today raised their game a notch, so 7 is fair for him). I'd give that extra 1 to Walker for scoring, having only been on the park 6 minutes..raising hm to a 7

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray
keyboard has had too much to drink

Gordon - 7 No sweat.

Smith - 7 Looked more comfortable in the middle and took the ball out of defence.

Halkett - 6 Probably our one disappointment of the night. Struggled with Innes Cameron a bit first half.

Souttar - 8 Outstanding comeback. First thought is to pass out of defence.

Logan - 7 Quietly did his job.

McEneff - 8 Played well and delighted he got his goal.

Haring - 9 Motm. He was simply sensational.

Halliday - 7 Worked very hard and some good balls in to strikers feet.

Henderson - 8 Best I’ve seen him. Direct and positive. Deserved his goal.

Gnanduillet - 7 Another that worked hard. Held the ball up well and brought others in to play.

Boyce - 9 We are so lucky to have him. A classy player.

Naismith - 6 Much better from him. 
GMS - 4 

Walker - 5 Got his goal.

11 players all with a chance of still being at the club next season? Very happy with the change of style and attitude. All 7’s except Haring 8 and Boyce 9. 

MR INCREDIBLE
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Gordon - 6

Smith - 6

Logan - 6

Souttar - 7

Haring - 8

Halkett - 6 

McEneff - 6

Halliday - 6

Gnanduillet - 7

Boyce - 8

Henderson - 6

Subs:

Naismith - 4

Mackay-Steven - 2 

Walker - 5

McEneff 6

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Class of 75

Great result last night and whilst the opposition was poor you can only play what is put in front of you. My only concern with Haring is that although good on the ball he is slow and is effective when he has time. Hopefully he quickens up as he won't have the same time on the ball next season. 

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

I wouldn’t disagree with any of this.

1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

McEneff 6

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

We were playing ****ing Alloa. You know they are semi pro yeah?

jambo in iraq
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We were playing ****ing Alloa. You know they are semi pro yeah?

Look at me, look at me!!! I’m gonna say something controversial so everyone looks at me!! Give it a rest.... McAneff was outstanding tonight as was Haring.

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

Raise Gordon to a 7 as he did all he had to. 

Drop halliday to a 7 as initially they were getting joy down our left. Once he got the assist for the first he settled and improved

Rest I agree with

11 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Much better performance but the standard to beat was very low. Nothing to get carried away by though.

Pleased for Henderson - always thought he had that little bit of tenacity and pace - and obviously Soapy.  

Some people ken fitba some don’t. This reads like you do and only performances like that last night until the end of the season may start to win Robbie some fans back on his side.

For me there was more than 6 goals against a poor team. There was a different shape and ‘desire’, there was Haring doing what he does best, there was the solidity of Soapy and the real freedom to play that Hendo and Boyce need.

I’ll get a rocket for this - it looked like they played for Robbie?

42 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

Look at me, look at me!!! I’m gonna say something controversial so everyone looks at me!! Give it a rest.... McAneff was outstanding tonight as was Haring.

I agree that they were. However, I have to put the opposition into contect when dishing out gold stars. I personally am not going to dish out 9s and 10s for these guys on the wages they are on playing against ****ing shop workers and electricians.

People dishing out 7s and 8s to Gordon. What losers we are as supporters. Gordon was fine, he done nothing wring but was not worked. How can you give someone a 7 or 8 for doing little?

ford donald
53 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

Exactly,like two new signings who are quality!

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I agree that they were. However, I have to put the opposition into contect when dishing out gold stars. I personally am not going to dish out 9s and 10s for these guys on the wages they are on playing against ****ing shop workers and electricians.

That might have been fair comment if we had only won 1-0.

12 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Only a good result if they follow it up with the same against Morton 

This.

Surely play the same xi and the same style. No tinkering!

1 minute ago, Boris said:

This.

Surely play the same xi and the same style. No tinkering!

I hope so. I think there’s a strong chance he’ll be more cautious though. 

john thomas
1 hour ago, Jumper said:

Some people ken fitba some don’t. This reads like you do and only performances like that last night until the end of the season may start to win Robbie some fans back on his side.

For me there was more than 6 goals against a poor team. There was a different shape and ‘desire’, there was Haring doing what he does best, there was the solidity of Soapy and the real freedom to play that Hendo and Boyce need.

Possibly the case .

Think Logan looks a good addition to the squad . Worth another year ?

Pleased to see Haring playing well though he did get outmuscled [or outstrengthed as pars commentator said last week] two or three times .

Minor criticism , think he is getting there

Just now, Cruyff said:

He's a moaning faced welt who has nothing good to say about anything. 

Quite possibly, bit like myself,hard to please. But if you look into his posting history,Levein,Budge,etc al,he is invariably correct in his assumptions.i value his foresight,well mostly 👍😆

7 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Quite possibly, bit like myself,hard to please. But if you look into his posting history,Levein,Budge,etc al,he is invariably correct in his assumptions.i value his foresight,well mostly 👍😆

Yes, he was and has been right on many occasions. However, he can never ever give credit or post anything positive. Just constantly refers back to everything being soft and fluffy with unicorns. It's getting boring tbh. So I thought I'd see how soft and fluffy he is. Looks like he is very soft and fluffy. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Yes, he was and has been right on many occasions. However, he can never ever give credit or post anything positive. Just constantly refers back to everything being soft and fluffy with unicorns. It's getting boring tbh. So I thought I'd see how soft and fluffy he is. Looks like he is very soft and fluffy. 

Och, just indulge,it's good for the soul.

The Mercer Takeover

Gordon - 6 Nothing to do really

Smith - 6 Good with some wayward passing

Logan - 6 Not a wing back but solid

Souttar - 8 Good to have him back

Haring - 9 Outstanding

Halkett - 5 We need better 

McEneff - 6 Grew into the game

Halliday - 5 Don't see the point of him

Gnanduillet - 5 Lots of effort. Won nothing in the air, slow and doesn't score goals

Boyce - 8 Excellent

Henderson - 6 So so. One really outstanding run, however he was running the ball out of play, with the penalty.

Subs:

Naismith - 2 Is he finished

Mackay-Steven - 0 Wage theif

Walker -1 Doesn't look fit

•  

Edited by The Mercer Takeover

Tokyo Drifter

Agree with MOTM for Haring but I thought Logan did really well. Always liked/hated him when he was at Aberdeen. Think he'll do a job for us. Super confident as well. And the more I see Henderson's goal the better it looks. Likewise Boyce's first. Missed his third coz I was getting a beer.

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Jumper said:

The bottom line is that’s what we expect every week but that was what? The 3rd time they’ve delivered it. 

There were one or two situations that Alloa could of exploited and better teams will. 

I don’t agree with the changing of formation and tactics all the time - it’s utter bollocks. We are effectively the PSG, Bayern, City et al of this league - let other teams worry about us FFS. 

But no I fully expect him to go with 2 holding midfielders and a back 4 at Morton - ****ing terrified of teams with a 10th of our budget. I mean how many internationals do we have? It’s a joke! 

NB If the league has been won by the time of the Morton game - he might (only might) allow the shackles to stay off.