The Masters 2021

kila

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Speith hasn't had the good start he needed.  He's out.  All in all a decent start for Matsuyama.  Doubt he'll be caught.

I’m not so sure. A bogey for him and a birdie for Zalatoris and it all gets hellish tight looking. 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• Tazio

• kila

Malinga the Swinga

Commentators and coverage doing my head in. Every shot is brilliant, including the missed ones, every chip is fantastic, even when they are miles off target, with McGinlay the worst by a long way. 

You basically see 6 players and that's your lot. 

One last thing. What the **** is this 'patrons' chat. Its a crowd, it's always been a crowd and always will be a crowd. 

Well this is weird. Xander was looking like the most likely of my bets with Speith and Rahm out of the game. And now Rahm is my best chance, even if he is running out of holes. 

Samuel Camazzola
14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Commentators and coverage doing my head in. Every shot is brilliant, including the missed ones, every chip is fantastic, even when they are miles off target, with McGinlay the worst by a long way. 

One last thing. What the **** is this 'patrons' chat. Its a crowd, it's always been a crowd and always will be a crowd. 

Was something started by the Augusta National co-founder. Was picked up by the local press back in the day and now used by a wider audience. 

Sooperstar
49 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There are rules the broadcasters have to stick to. Referring to those attending as Patrons is one of them.

Nobody putting any pressure on Matsuyama.

looks like a 5 shot lead at the turn.

Wind getting up, unlikely someone will shoot 30 on the back nine.

His to lose.

Furious Styles
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

In the bag for Matsuyama now. Might be bed time. Ridiculous how slow these guys get round these days.

2 hours 10 minutes for the front 9 is pathetic. 

Bloody annoying I didn’t go EW on my bets as the current leaderboard has my three bets at the top of the leaderboard (if you ignore first and second) 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Funnily enough I was thinking the same :  the commentary does my head in. It's like they're describing god-like figures. And the crap they were talking last night about how , if the Japanese guy wins, how good it would be for golf in Japan  and in the same breath saying just how exclusive a sport golf is in Japan. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

That patrons stuff gets on my tits.

It's like there's some kind of in joke and you're only one of the cool kids if you say 'patron'. 

If I ever get to go to the masters, I'll spend my day saying,  "woo! Look at all the spectators!"

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Funnily enough I was thinking the same :  the commentary does my head in. It's like they're describing god-like figures. And the crap they were talking last night about how , if the Japanese guy wins, how good it would be for golf in Japan  and in the same breath saying just how exclusive a sport golf is in Japan. 

In their defence I think the point they were trying to get across was that it might open golf in Japan up more to the rest of the public. It’s hugely popular with lots of indoor golf centres but courses are expensive due to the cost of land. 

Bloody hell Matsuyama got out of jail twice on this hole. Looks like even if he gets a bit sketchy he’s got luck on his side. 

I P Knightley

Seeing a Japanese chap winning this comes almost full circle from when I started following golf and Isao Aoki looked threatening for The Open in '78?

1 minute ago, kila said:

Matsuyama finds the water on 15, this could get a bit more interesting now

The only saving grace is that it’s on a par 5, and most of these guys play par 5 like a 4 these days. Also Xander being in the sand. 

Pasquale for King

I hope they enjoyed their mashed tatties because next years Champions dinner is going to be slightly different. 

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well deserved win for Matsuyama, apart from 15 he barely hit a bad shot all day. 

Tee shot on the 1st? 😄

Tee shot on 13 and approach shot was not the best either. If his drive hadn't caught a tree as solidly as it did and had the fortune to come backwards, he could have been in some real bother. 

It was a pity that Zander found the pond on 16 as it was poised to be a more dramatic finish. 

Tommy Brown

Ended up more tense than should  have been.

If Shauffele had put his ball close on 16 it would have gave Matsuyama the jitters.

Malinga the Swinga

Good for MacIntyre to finish in top 12 and ensure return invitation for next year. Birdie on last after dropping shots on 16 & 17 made it tight though. 

49 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good for MacIntyre to finish in top 12 and ensure return invitation for next year. Birdie on last after dropping shots on 16 & 17 made it tight though. 

Bob Mac will be a player. Top 12 masters and top 6 Open finishes already, suggests he's got the potential to go on and pick up a major or two. I saw his interview on sky yesterday and he seems to have the belief he can compete with the best. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

MacIntyre gaein' it laldy on the way out the car park  :lol: 

He certainly hasn't lost his Scottishness, if that's even a thing. 

Furious Styles
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He certainly hasn't lost his Scottishness, if that's even a thing. 

couple of years time and he’ll be mispronouncing aluminium 

jonnothejambo

Lovely moment where Matsuyama's caddie replaces the flag on the 18th, takes off his cap and bows. 

A lovely gesture that brought a tear to my eye. 

4 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

couple of years time and he’ll be mispronouncing aluminium 

You should try living here - everyday I have to translate the Queen's English :)

Fair play to the Japanese lad, held his nerve and deserved the win.

Hopefully Bob Mac will be the main man at Augusta at some point.