Jump to content

Hearts - Scottish Football Podcast


This is My Story Podcast

Recommended Posts

This is My Story Podcast

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09cx3df 
 

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 
 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • This is My Story Podcast

    17

  • sadj

    8

  • NANOJAMBO

    7

  • Pasquale for King

    6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DETTY29

Early morning listening and Liam, you did beyond very well.

 

Articulated all his points and answered the usual football clique excuses.

Edited by DETTY29
Link to post
Share on other sites

It didn’t go unnoticed they didn’t invite you onto the programme on Monday with Levein and Presley now that would’ve made interesting radio.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This is My Story Podcast
18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It didn’t go unnoticed they didn’t invite you onto the programme on Monday with Levein and Presley now that would’ve made interesting radio.

To be fair to Kenny Mac, I tweeted him about 6:15 basically saying if you want a fans perspective I am happy to contribute. He private messaged me at 6:17 and I was on the show about 6:25. He could’ve just patched me, so fair play to him. 
 

Not sure how I would’ve acted with Levein there, would I have called him out......probably would’ve shat it 😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you posted it, it was really refreshing to see a fan get on there and articulate the thoughts and feelings of the support. I think too many so called football people don’t know what they’re talking about if it’s not the OF - John Collins seemed genuinely shocked at the lack of youth minutes this season, and if you’re going to chat about something half an hours research would have brought these stats up. 
 

I compare your performance with Hallidays and it’s night and day. Clearly had talking points and a good understanding of exactly where the frustration lies. You used the time you had to cram in stats which back up the feelings fans have too which was good to see. 
 

The club declining to let them interview someone is very telling too. 
 

Thought Barry put himself across pretty well too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

To be fair to Kenny Mac, I tweeted him about 6:15 basically saying if you want a fans perspective I am happy to contribute. He private messaged me at 6:17 and I was on the show about 6:25. He could’ve just patched me, so fair play to him. 
 

Not sure how I would’ve acted with Levein there, would I have called him out......probably would’ve shat it 😂😂


Ah fair enough. 
 

Just say Craig it’s all your fault, hang up and let rent a gob McLean do the rest 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
gregzy2k7
57 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09cx3df 
 

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 
 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 

Just listened to it, you spoke very, well done, you summed up pretty much how we all feel, faddy came across well but i thought collins was a snidey bassa, he clearly knows feck all about hearts, why does he even comment on the matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This is My Story Podcast
18 minutes ago, OTT said:

Glad you posted it, it was really refreshing to see a fan get on there and articulate the thoughts and feelings of the support. I think too many so called football people don’t know what they’re talking about if it’s not the OF - John Collins seemed genuinely shocked at the lack of youth minutes this season, and if you’re going to chat about something half an hours research would have brought these stats up. 
 

I compare your performance with Hallidays and it’s night and day. Clearly had talking points and a good understanding of exactly where the frustration lies. You used the time you had to cram in stats which back up the feelings fans have too which was good to see. 
 

The club declining to let them interview someone is very telling too. 
 

Thought Barry put himself across pretty well too. 

The thing with the stats is it took me 10 minutes tops to find. Fire on @Amoruso Lets it Run ...twitter or site and you’ll see the youth stats. A quick google search of hearts finishes and I saw that we are on the worst run for decades. It’s not like a had to forensically dig to find them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson

It takes some doing to cover every single thing that's wrong in such a coherent, clear, superbly knowledgeable, irrefutable way. Liam was fantastic; he left the apologists in the studio floundering.

 

I really hope Liam gets to do future shows. No-one speaks even half as well on the fans' behalf. :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
This is My Story Podcast
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

It takes some doing to cover every single thing that's wrong in such a coherent, clear, superbly knowledgeable, irrefutable way. Liam was fantastic; he left the apologists in the studio floundering.

 

I really hope Liam gets to do future shows. No-one speaks even half as well on the fans' behalf. :thumbsup:

Thanks Shaun. The producer boy said they’d happily have me back on as did Kenny Mac. I just wanted to make sure they understood that this isn’t knee jerk. This should be national news, the 3rd biggest clubs outrageous decline in such a short space of time. As I said on the show, not only are we rewriting our own history, we are rewriting our standing within the Scottish game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
This is My Story Podcast
27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well done Liam. Nailed it. 

Cheers lad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaun-mortimer
1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09cx3df 
 

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 
 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 

Very well done, put very good points to panel, Robbie signings have been shocking and can't trust anymore, time is up Robbie 

Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Thanks Shaun. The producer boy said they’d happily have me back on as did Kenny Mac. I just wanted to make sure they understood that this isn’t knee jerk. This should be national news, the 3rd biggest clubs outrageous decline in such a short space of time. As I said on the show, not only are we rewriting our own history, we are rewriting our standing within the Scottish game. 

 

Yep - and you wrote as much on here the other day, in a post that's being shared all over the place.

 

The club is shrinking. Literally shrinking. At exactly when because of finances, it should've been stronger than ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mabawsa

Just listened to it, well done young man. Professional, calm and gave an opinion with relevant evidence to back it up. Bet they didn't expect that!

 

Excellent !

Link to post
Share on other sites
Des Lynam
1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09cx3df 
 

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 
 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 


Brilliant stuff Liam. You made some excellent points. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
gordiegords

Listened this morning, well done indeed. Got across how the majority of us seem to feel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weonly151

Well done Corbett, your echoing every single Hearts supporters views of how we're es all feeling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
fancy a brew
1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09cx3df 
 

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 
 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 

 

You got across why the fans are unhappy, and that it's been a slow but steady decline.

 

Collins must have a short memory as he was trying to ridicule the idea of sacking a manager at the top of the league, but he and Deila were emptied by Celtic despite winning the top league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chambie15
39 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Thanks Shaun. The producer boy said they’d happily have me back on as did Kenny Mac. I just wanted to make sure they understood that this isn’t knee jerk. This should be national news, the 3rd biggest clubs outrageous decline in such a short space of time. As I said on the show, not only are we rewriting our own history, we are rewriting our standing within the Scottish game. 

Just listened to the podcast walking the lavvy plug Liam. You come across as a natural communicator - clear in your thought, knowing what you wanted to get across, which you did in an articulate, measured way. I also like how you weave the others' contributions into your responses. Excellent stuff sir. Now - about that role as FoH "ambassador" on the Board .....

Edited by Chambie15
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gordon Ramsay

Brilliant stuff, Liam. 

 

Think that sums up everyone's thoughts perfectly. 

 

Collins just a squareheed plonker who has no clue of what is actually going on at the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
This is My Story Podcast

Appreciate the feed back guys. 
 

Gotta say that one of the things that has annoyed all of us is just how easy all the info I shared last night is to find. It literally took ten minutes to find. These problems are in plain sight, sadly no one seems to care other than Ryan Stevenson and strangely Allan Preston, who gets pelters from the fan base but he’s been the only constant voice really over the years calling stuff out. 
 

My biggest worry right now isn’t the style of play or the stuttering nature of Hearts. It is that over the past 7 years we have slowly but surely took away big parts of our own history and standing within the game. Yeah we like to shout from the roof tops that we are the countries 3rd biggest club, stats back that up. 1970-1985 the darkest years in the clubs history. 2014-2021 is chasing that down as we speak. 2 seasons in the championship, an average league placing of 8th, no trophies (that’s hardly a stick to beat us with I know) one season in europe. And the WORST part about it all, we’ve never been on a more stable financial footing. Imagine if Mercer, Robinson and Vlad had the financial stability Budge currently has. I’d be willing to bet we’d be getting more bang for our buck. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
gorgieheart

Just listened to the Podcast

 

The first thing i heard was Pressley ranting...that was some "interesting" stuff..

 

But, from Liam excellent delivery of your points, came across well and articulated the thoughts of most of the fans.

 

Spongebob ...a full stadium would make a huge difference...aye ok JC  !

 

Rudderless and swaying...time for somebody to come out and communicate with the fans !

Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs

The moment that stood out for me, McFadden and Collins were both trying to defend things from the pros point of view and explain how difficult it is with things a manager can’t control.
 

But when you made the comment about how the FoH founding statement wanted a club built on youth, and we’ve seen no debuts in the last 2 seasons, with 100 odd journeymen brought in and mostly binned, Collins had no response to it, he just said “well that is disappointing... that is very disappointing to hear” you could tell collins genuinely was disappointed to hear it even though he is no fan of Hearts.
 

 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs
Link to post
Share on other sites
Psychedelicropcircle

You done well sir but you forgot to tell JC he’s a total welt😠

Edited by Psychedelicropcircle
Link to post
Share on other sites
billybalfour

Good point made about the corners.Every Hearts fan must be shouting at the TV when that is going on as I know I am.There response is what frustrates us all as it is the players fault once they cross the line.Don't blame the manager for continuing to let the same player take them.

Excellent points made and keep it up if you get on again.It's a pity Neilson's loyalty wasn't asked about as he walked out on us when he left the last time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
This is My Story Podcast
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The moment that stood out for me, McFadden and Collins were both trying to defend things from the pros point of view and explain how difficult it is with things a manager can’t control.
 

But when you made the comment about how the FoH founding statement wanted a club built on youth, and we’ve seen no debuts in the last 2 seasons, with 100 odd journeymen brought in and mostly binned, Collins had no response to it, he just said “well that is disappointing... that is very disappointing to hear” you could tell collins genuinely was disappointed to hear it even though he is no fan of Hearts.
 

 

I had a chuckle to myself at the idea of them trying to deflect from Robbie about the corners and basic mistakes. I’d bet my house on it that they wouldn’t allow that to happen at any of their sides. Same with the trying to defend the not knowing our best side or formation. There are 4 games left, it’s unacceptable we don’t know the best 11 or formation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
David Black

Missed the start of the debate but did hear BA and then Liam. You should take up a career in sports journalism as that was the most articulate, intelligent and accurate assessment of where we are. You may find they invite you on again. Well done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, billybalfour said:

Good point made about the corners.Every Hearts fan must be shouting at the TV when that is going on as I know I am.There response is what frustrates us all as it is the players fault once they cross the line.Don't blame the manager for continuing to let the same player take them.

Excellent points made and keep it up if you get on again.It's a pity Neilson's loyalty wasn't asked about as he walked out on us when he left the last time. 


This is the thing that will kill him in the end.

 

He made the biggest mistake of his career leaving Hearts.

 

And he’s made the second biggest mistake of his career leaving Dundee United to come back. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Newton51
2 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09cx3df 
 

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 
 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 

Listened to this last night and you did very well. Got all of the points across that are felt by Hearts fans. Tried to change the narrative from the media that it’s all about the recent form.

 

brilliant work on the podcast too

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Glad you posted it, it was really refreshing to see a fan get on there and articulate the thoughts and feelings of the support. I think too many so called football people don’t know what they’re talking about if it’s not the OF - John Collins seemed genuinely shocked at the lack of youth minutes this season, and if you’re going to chat about something half an hours research would have brought these stats up. 
 

I compare your performance with Hallidays and it’s night and day. Clearly had talking points and a good understanding of exactly where the frustration lies. You used the time you had to cram in stats which back up the feelings fans have too which was good to see. 
 

The club declining to let them interview someone is very telling too. 
 

Thought Barry put himself across pretty well too. 

This is the biggest issue for me in terms of football coverage generally.

 

The fact that you have, in the main ex players, appearing on the radio/TV, laughably being labeled 'experts' but who seem to have carried out absolutely no pre match or topic research whatsoever, and are allowed to trot out the same tiresome & banal cliches.

 

I can't think of any other subject where anyone would be allowed the opportunity to give their opinion, and as said be offered the title of 'expert' whilst having not carried out even the most basic information gathering or preparation prior to appearing on whichever media they are being offered the chance to opine. I'd like to see whatever performance indicators are set for these people - but I actually doubt that any exist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Class of 75

Very articulate Liam. Thanks for summing up exactly how we as Hearts fans feel. With the figures you quoted, something is deeply wrong at the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Berra than you

Superb to finally have somebody on to voice all our concerns. Think both Liam and Barry spoke very well. Collins and McFadden just trying to defend Robbie at every corner was embarrassing. I know that Robbie is kind of a side issue in all of this and there is a bigger picture, but I wonder what they would say had they had Liam and a Dundee United fan on. I imagine their complaints about Robbie are fairly similar to ours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
David Black

Forgot to mention that just after I tuned in Kenny Mac said the debate was in response to the criticism the previous evening from Steven Pressley. He the said Sportsound had invited someone from Hearts to come onto the show. the answer NO ONE WAS AVAILABLE TO APPEAR. That sums up the entire Budge cabal, chicken hearted losers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboJoker98

Listened to it and wanted to echo everyones sentiment that you came across really well, calm and coherenet in what could have been a situation to be easily riled. Points came across spot on and the most interesting and damning for me was the FoH statement of using youth yet we've seen 0 minutes from an under 20 this season

Link to post
Share on other sites
Super_Hans

John Collins is of the attitude that if you haven't played the game at a professional level you shouldn't have an opinion on football.

 

Great to finally hear a Hearts supporter set a few things straight on what's going on right now and fair play to Kenny Mac for balancing the show out. Would have been easy for him to just let Collins and McFadden rabbit on about a situation they clearly don't have a clue about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
tokyowalnut

Thought you were fantastic. Spoke with passion without it taking over you and turning into a rant. I felt Collins tried to bring balance and argue the other side of the coin, but it showed how clearly ignorant he, McFadden and Kenny McIntyre are regarding Hearts. The Collins reaction to the youth point was very telling. 
 

Well done, sir. I’ll be honest, I’ve avoided fan run podcasts but I’ll now be listening to yours.

 

I’ve also heard Presley’s commentary twice now, I find it hard to disagree with 90% of his content. The JJ dig, was unnecessary. How long has it been that we have heard that passion?! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Under the floodlight
2 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09cx3df 
 

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 
 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 

Thought you did really well, good balanced view of the current situation. I don't understand John Collins and to a lesser extent Faddy extolling the importance of fans to the atmosphere at matches, then basically saying no one should be critical of under performing managers/teams etc. You mentioned the point about players not being able to-do basics like corner taking, Faddy said that individuals were responsible not the manager, its down to the manager to change things. I feel BBc Sportsound pundits are afraid to criticise their peers but are happy to have a go at what they think are non footballing people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
maroondevo52

Listened to it last night, have to admit when they said they had a supporter coming on I wasn't sure that would turn out well.

I thought Liam came across superb as someone who loves the club and didn't hold back with what he thought was wrong.

Fans of other clubs listening to that will now know exactly why Hearts fans are so angry with what has been happening at the club over a number of years.

 

There are thousands of hearts fans who know whats wrong but do not really have a platform to get their points across.

Liam did this and I for one are very grateful he did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

Thought you were fantastic. Spoke with passion without it taking over you and turning into a rant. I felt Collins tried to bring balance and argue the other side of the coin, but it showed how clearly ignorant he, McFadden and Kenny McIntyre are regarding Hearts. The Collins reaction to the youth point was very telling. 
 

Well done, sir. I’ll be honest, I’ve avoided fan run podcasts but I’ll now be listening to yours.

 

I’ve also heard Presley’s commentary twice now, I find it hard to disagree with 90% of his content. The JJ dig, was unnecessary. How long has it been that we have heard that passion?! 


apart from the point that most of it was directed towards supporting neilson. He is a part of the problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
Japan Jambo

Certainly represented my views well. JC yet again came across badly again; the double standards he spouts with regard to expectations between us and the OF is breathtaking. The other day I had thought that he was just trolling but what has become obvious is that these 'experts' have done little to no research and haven't been regularly watching games that would qualify them to comment. That unfortunately is not a problem limited to just us, we really ought to get better for our licence fee money than this.

 

I know it was a replay from the previous day but the Pressley rant really raised my hackles - don't appreciate being told that I should be spending money unconditionally and sit quietly in the corner without uttering so much as a peep. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Certainly represented my views well. JC yet again came across badly again; the double standards he spouts with regard to expectations between us and the OF is breathtaking. The other day I had thought that he was just trolling but what has become obvious is that these 'experts' have done little to no research and haven't been regularly watching games that would qualify them to comment. That unfortunately is not a problem limited to just us, we really ought to get better for our licence fee money than this.

 

I know it was a replay from the previous day but the Pressley rant really raised my hackles - don't appreciate being told that I should be spending money unconditionally and sit quietly in the corner without uttering so much as a peep. 

 

Collins clearly does no research and thinks he can waltz on and say whatever he wants cause of his status in the game. As I said a few posts back, he's just a squareheed plonker. 

 

Pressley came across a bit wild tbh. Not sure if he'd had a few before he spoke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
husref musemic

you spoke very well @This is My Story Podcast. excellent points made :

 

- 90+ players brought in & only 2 sold.

- John Murray who sits long term behind this waste & constant churn.

- the absence of youth.

- the money pumped in since 2015 & were back to square one.

 

faddy & Collins had no come back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
8 minutes ago, David Black said:

Forgot to mention that just after I tuned in Kenny Mac said the debate was in response to the criticism the previous evening from Steven Pressley. He the said Sportsound had invited someone from Hearts to come onto the show. the answer NO ONE WAS AVAILABLE TO APPEAR. That sums up the entire Budge cabal, chicken hearted losers.

My interpretation of that would be that it’s possible there are changes on the horizon and they didn’t want to put someone up who would be expected to support the current manager or potentially spills the beans if he’s not staying. We’re not usually so shy about putting someone up to take part in these programs to defend the club. Even the lack of a short statement anywhere, not just for this show, in support of Neilson is very telling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...