James Anderson leaving Baillie Gifford

Sid

On 21/03/2021 at 11:17, FORTHCLYDE said:

I live in Manchester population 554,000 I used to live in Edinburgh population 488,00.

Manchester has 66,000 more people.

However why is it that Manchester has two massive clubs known worldwide and Edinburgh

with only 66k less has two poor teams that nobody knows about.

The point is Edinburgh is a worldwide known City with financial clout and business but the

two teams don't live up to the City's status.

Its about growth, development and having a clear strategy IMO. 

Need to be pushing for further stadium expansion which will increase our turnover (and hopefully profits). Getting a training ground sorted out too. Both extremely expensive undertakings but with an academy and first team working in harmony we should be aiming for at least a couple of success stories each season keeping player turnover fairly constant around a fairly stable side. The shit league structure which isn't ever changing could be turned to out advantage in capacity crowds v Hibs, Celtic, Rangers and fairly confident Aberdeen too. Thats 8 of our 18/19 home games which would be sell outs. I'd wager that these games may convince some to buy a ticket to less enticing games too (not all, but some - would be interesting to see the uptake rate of fans who buy cat A walk ups versus non cat A games). 

Once we're a bit bigger 3rd consistently won't be such a ballache to do and hopefully will increase our player standard to be able to actually qualify for the Europa league if the draw is kind (i.e side stepping financially doped 3rd rate English teams with their sky money).

We need to get the football department in order though. I would like to hear from Savage on how youth development factors into his thinking. i.e is it a core component to achieve success? The reality is someone will pay 7 figures for a decent youngster but won't for a 29 year old. Recruitment should be based around that. (guys like Naismith/Gordon/Berra bring value through their experience and ability, guys like Bozanic or Halliday generally don't). 

If the club can show some ambition with growth I think more locals will engage with it. Its already got strong links with the local community through big hearts and the foundation, so its about trying to show its a product worth paying for with lay/passive fans or those not currently engaged. I.e we're not content to just be an also ran with a cup every decade. 

Interesting thing to note is since Budge has taken over I'm fairly certain our attendances have taken a decent jump even despite the lack of on field success. I recall 12k under Vlad (after the money stopped) and we seem to be pretty consistent in getting 15k+ under Budge. With greater on field success, I don't think its unreasonable to stay we could break 20k if we had the space. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• JamboAl

• Lone Striker

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

MONEY!!!

The root of all evil, as a wise man once said...

On a side note, have you moved to Sweden? I thought you lived in Dumbarton!

On 21/03/2021 at 11:17, FORTHCLYDE said:

I live in Manchester population 554,000 I used to live in Edinburgh population 488,00.

Manchester has 66,000 more people.

However why is it that Manchester has two massive clubs known worldwide and Edinburgh

with only 66k less has two poor teams that nobody knows about.

The point is Edinburgh is a worldwide known City with financial clout and business but the

two teams don't live up to the City's status.

On another point Greater Manchester has a population of 2,835,686.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

The root of all evil, as a wise man once said...

On a side note, have you moved to Sweden? I thought you lived in Dumbarton!

To be exact, as money is lifeless and neutral, the correct quotation is:

"The love of money is the root of all evil."

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

To be exact, as money is lifeless and neutral, the correct quotation is:

"The love of money is the root of all evil."

I stand corrected 👍

loveofthegame
9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Yes because AB put them there!

When she came in there was no one and nearly no club at all.  Just a skeleton with a morsel of flesh on.

DING, DING, Hearts fan bingo, there’d have been no club at all so she can do whatever the **** she wants.

she’s put the infrastructure in place now seriously needs to do one. Tonight the final straw. 

2 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

DING, DING, Hearts fan bingo, there’d have been no club at all so she can do whatever the **** she wants.

she’s put the infrastructure in place now seriously needs to do one. Tonight the final straw. 

I don't think I said that - just your invention.

Tonight's result was a disgrace and at least one head should roll.

She is responsible for that head but really no matter who was this season's manager, we should still be able to beat Brora even with a few players missing.  The players need to have a right good look at themselves as well.

2 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Depending on if Robbie is still manager tomorrow, I think it may be time to part ways in the summer. 

Think a lot of fans think if Mrs Budge goes then benefactors putting money into club also disappear? We’re in the best state financially we’ve ever been but the football dept is honking. We really need a change

5 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Think a lot of fans think if Mrs Budge goes then benefactors putting money into club also disappear? We’re in the best state financially we’ve ever been but the football dept is honking. We really need a change

We are about £4m-5m in debt, to her.

Edit £3m as at June 2020.

Screenshot_20210324-065137_Drive.jpg

Edited by DETTY29