The Exploited- Margate FC

Cairneyhill Jambo

been here before
3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

😂 Nice one

Squeaky wee pain in the arse. 

26 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

she has a better scar on her face than me and she was a total diva well she thought she was but wasn't much off a diva with a pint glass off beer over her head lol :rifle:

Totally would though.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• gator

• Forever Hearts

• Rizla

wattie exploited
On 10/03/2021 at 17:59, Rizla said:

Troops of Tomorrow

****ing brilliant.

If I was a boxer I’d walk out to that.

Ronda Rousey the ex world champion in the UFC used to come out to our song Sex and Violence ,when she moved to the WWE Wrestling they wouldn't let her use that song as family's watch the wrestling .I thought that was pretty cool that a world champion used our tune for her fights :rifle:

31 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Ronda Rousey the ex world champion in the UFC used to come out to our song Sex and Violence ,when she moved to the WWE Wrestling they wouldn't let her use that song as family's watch the wrestling .I thought that was pretty cool that a world champion used our tune for her fights :rifle:

Wow how about that👍

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, Rizla said:

Wow how about that👍

also years ago in San  Francisco had   Keanu  Reeves came back stage and wanted his albums signed but I  was wasted so I ended up going away with some punks and the next day our tour manager told me you know Keanu Reeves waited to get his albums signed I was like NOOOOOOOOO :rifle:

13 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

also years ago in San  Francisco had   Keanu  Reeves came back stage and wanted his albums signed but I  was wasted so I ended up going away with some punks and the next day our tour manager told me you know Keanu Reeves waited to get his albums signed I was like NOOOOOOOOO :rifle:

Seemingly the talk around Hollywood was that drunken bum wattie was too wasted to sign my albums 😂😂.

He’s started a new band tho

Keanu & the JT’s.

wattie exploited
5 hours ago, Rizla said:

Seemingly the talk around Hollywood was that drunken bum wattie was too wasted to sign my albums 😂😂.

He’s started a new band tho

Keanu & the JT’s.

do you know who this guy  with the exploited shirt is ? 

he is really infamous ? 

rb.jpg

14 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

he is really infamous ? 

rb.jpg

Was quite Big apparently ,played most of his gig abroad?

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, maggieb said:

Was quite Big apparently ,played most of his gig abroad?

do you know who he was I do am just asking if any one else can tell who he was  he was pretty notorious :rifle:

2 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

do you know who he was I do am just asking if any one else can tell who he was  he was pretty notorious :rifle:

Now your having me Ron?

been here before
12 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Bigg in Brazil...

1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

he is really infamous ? 

rb.jpg

Heard he was good at stopping trains when he was younger 😉

No one is innocent

btw bet he had some stories to tell.

wattie exploited
17 hours ago, Rizla said:

Heard he was good at stopping trains when he was younger 😉

No one is innocent

btw bet he had some stories to tell.

he came to the gig as my mate used to be a body guard for Johnny Rotten from the sex pistols and had met him before in Brazil , our tour manager knew him as well and invited him to the gig he came to the gig in a celtic top and I told him to get that shit off as they are shit and gave him a exploited top to wear  :rifle:

4 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

he came to the gig as my mate used to be a body guard for Johnny Rotten from the sex pistols and had met him before in Brazil , our tour manager knew him as well and invited him to the gig he came to the gig in a celtic top and I told him to get that shit off as they are shit and gave him a exploited top to wear  :rifle:

I hope the celtic top got binned, he should have known better!

25 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

That reminds me of something that happened to me, I was working with a celtic guy and I think it was in 96 he invited me to watch Hearts and celtic  in the League Cup at a pub in Burlington, it was where the celtic supporters over here watched the matches on PPV, Sentanta Sports I believe! Remember things are quite different over here, I wore a Hearts jersey of course, he said it wouldn't be a problem, after I paid the inflated price of $20 as a non member my jersey became a problem to some of these old celts and I was told to change the shirt or leave, fortunately I had my work shirt out in my car, I went out and changed into it, it was dark blue! My mate was pissed off with the whole ordeal as opposing team colours had been worn in the club by several ex pats! I remember the match well, Gary Naismith's debut as a 17 year old, he helped anchor a patchwork Jambos defence and we shocked them 1-0, a couple of their lads actually shook my hand after the match!

Talking about good stories wattie have you ever thought about writing your memoirs?

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, gator said:

That reminds me of something that happened to me, I was working with a celtic guy and I think it was in 96 he invited me to watch Hearts and celtic  in the League Cup at a pub in Burlington, it was where the celtic supporters over here watched the matches on PPV, Sentanta Sports I believe! Remember things are quite different over here, I wore a Hearts jersey of course, he said it wouldn't be a problem, after I paid the inflated price of $20 as a non member my jersey became a problem to some of these old celts and I was told to change the shirt or leave, fortunately I had my work shirt out in my car, I went out and changed into it, it was dark blue! My mate was pissed off with the whole ordeal as opposing team colours had been worn in the club by several ex pats! I remember the match well, Gary Naismith's debut as a 17 year old, he helped anchor a patchwork Jambos defence and we shocked them 1-0, a couple of their lads actually shook my hand after the match!

were is Burlington about I take its abroad $20 back then was a lot of money  💰

Gary is now manager of Edinburgh city I don't know if you knew this :rifle:

4 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I live in Hamilton Ontario, Burlington is a city across the bay from us closer to Toronto, there are lots of transplanted Scots in this area, not may Hearts supporters unfortunately! Yes, time flies, it doesn't seem like that long ago when Naysmith made his debut as a 17 year old, now he is a manager with a fair bit of experience, the $20 was a lot of money then, it was twice as much as they charged members, it was worth every penny when we beat them with our depleted side and to see there faces when I returned with a blue shirt on!😀 I enjoy all of the stories you are posting, I hope your brother is doing ok! 

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, Rizla said:

Talking about good stories wattie have you ever thought about writing your memoirs?

Too late

I've cut and pasted all his posts on this thread. It'll make me a fortune.:rifle:

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Too late

I've cut and pasted all his posts on this thread. It'll make me a fortune.:rifle:

:Funny-Post:

wattie exploited
22 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

been ask a lot of times but I would be in so much trouble if I did so better to say nothing on certain things :rifle:

J.T.F.Robertson
On 15/03/2021 at 07:43, gator said:

We had the same type of deal out here. Would go to both Rangers and Celtic clubs depending on who we were playing.

Kevin McKenna's family were all members of the CSC, good people. Never had a problem with the shirt.

48 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

We had the same type of deal out here. Would go to both Rangers and Celtic clubs depending on who we were playing.

Kevin McKenna's family were all members of the CSC, good people. Never had a problem with the shirt.

That was the only issue I ever had and I never returned to that chapter of the celtic club, I did however watch our Cup win over Gretna at a celtic club in Hamilton, there weren't many of us there!😀

wattie exploited
On 15/03/2021 at 15:13, gator said:

I live in Hamilton Ontario, Burlington is a city across the bay from us closer to Toronto, there are lots of transplanted Scots in this area, not may Hearts supporters unfortunately! Yes, time flies, it doesn't seem like that long ago when Naysmith made his debut as a 17 year old, now he is a manager with a fair bit of experience, the $20 was a lot of money then, it was twice as much as they charged members, it was worth every penny when we beat them with our depleted side and to see there faces when I returned with a blue shirt on!😀 I enjoy all of the stories you are posting, I hope your brother is doing ok! 

years ago we played a club called LARRYS HIDEAWAY  in Toronto which was crazy times great club and we had so much fun there also great strip clubs :rifle:

4 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

years ago we played a club called LARRYS HIDEAWAY  in Toronto which was crazy times great club and we had so much fun there also great strip clubs :rifle:

Larrys Hideaway is going way back, it was a great club in the early 80's, that was maybe your first time playing Canada, I vaguely remember it but wasn't at the show, I saw Killing Joke there twice when they recorded, I did sound and lights on short notice for local Hamilton punks Teenage Head at Larrys, great memories!

crunchy frog

I still think we should have "beat the *******s" playing every time when the team comes out at Tynecastle 

J.T.F.Robertson
22 hours ago, gator said:

That was the only issue I ever had and I never returned to that chapter of the celtic club, I did however watch our Cup win over Gretna at a celtic club in Hamilton, there weren't many of us there!😀

Likewise.

I'd chosen to go back for the Hibs semi-final so watched it at the CSC.

There were a few Hearts guys there (KB's Sharpie included, btw) but the place was mostly taken up with Liverpool fans as their final (West Ham if I remember) was also being shown.

wattie exploited
8 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

I still think we should have "beat the *******s" playing every time when the team comes out at Tynecastle 

yeah when we play hibs I  :rifle:

Hi Wattie, back in the 80s I bought a cassette of Punks Not Dead from Vinyl Villains and found this writing on the back of the cover (see pic). Is that your writing and do you recall who Nicky was?! ha ha

BTW I live in Hong Kong now but seen your band lots of times and actually spoke to you in pub once.

IMG_20210318_095058.jpg

crunchy frog
13 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

yeah when we play hibs I  :rifle:

Quite. 

Did you know Fraz is living in Canada now and goes by the name DJ *****? 😀 (Franny without the R) 

Edited by crunchy frog

wattie exploited
10 hours ago, edramone said:

Hi Wattie, back in the 80s I bought a cassette of Punks Not Dead from Vinyl Villains and found this writing on the back of the cover (see pic). Is that your writing and do you recall who Nicky was?! ha ha

BTW I live in Hong Kong now but seen your band lots of times and actually spoke to you in pub once.

IMG_20210318_095058.jpg

yeah that was myself that signed this and yes hibs are still crap :rifle:

wattie exploited
On 18/03/2021 at 11:06, crunchy frog said:

Quite. 

Did you know Fraz is living in Canada now and goes by the name DJ *****? 😀 (Franny without the R) 

yeah after we came back from England when we were recording Beat The *******s album we still had a couple of guitar solos to finish butt Fraz  just ****ed off  with out a word he couldn't handle the stress of recording in the studio as i was always demanding more from him .

he was really a quite timid guy ,he wasn't cut out to be in the band as the gigs were pretty violent most times and I was a bit to much for him .

I heard some of his dj  stuff years ago and it was shit :rifle:

On 16/03/2021 at 16:54, wattie exploited said:

I did some research, that was 1984 when you guys played Larry's it was really getting shady by then, was that your first Canadian gig?

crunchy frog
7 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

yeah after we came back from England when we were recording Beat The *******s album we still had a couple of guitar solos to finish butt Fraz  just ****ed off  with out a word he couldn't handle the stress of recording in the studio as i was always demanding more from him .

he was really a quite timid guy ,he wasn't cut out to be in the band as the gigs were pretty violent most times and I was a bit to much for him .

I heard some of his dj  stuff years ago and it was shit :rifle:

Haha aye he was quite shy, he used to come up the Mid Yoken on a Thursday night shaking like a shitting dog! Good guitarist, wrong band for him I think.  

wattie exploited
21 hours ago, gator said:

I did some research, that was 1984 when you guys played Larry's it was really getting shady by then, was that your first Canadian gig?

when we played Larrys hideaway some guy came to the gig in a hearse which  was all customized inside with leopard  print and a bar   inside was pretty cool he took us on a drive around Toronto  there was a band called Dayglo Abortions  who are really good from Canada back in the day :rifle:

On 07/03/2021 at 23:38, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Just saw this post on FB about Wattie sponsoring Margate FC shirts. :rifle: 

20210307_233250.jpg

I once sat next to Wattie in the front row of the old enclosure v hibs. 2-2. I could only see one half of the pitch 😩 but luckily I saw Fultons 2 opening goals 

2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

when we played Larrys hideaway some guy came to the gig in a hearse which  was all customized inside with leopard  print and a bar   inside was pretty cool he took us on a drive around Toronto  there was a band called Dayglo Abortions  who are really good from Canada back in the day :rifle:

The Dayglos are still going strong, one of my faves, I've seen them a couple of times when they have gigged in this part of the country, they are from the West Coast, Victoria!

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, JAYEL said:

I once sat next to Wattie in the front row of the old enclosure v hibs. 2-2. I could only see one half of the pitch 😩 but luckily I saw Fultons 2 opening goals 

Because of his hair?

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Aye , managed too see all four goals tho into the school end 👍

I stopped putting my hair up at the football as i had a wee kid sitting behind me and was stopping him seeing  very much :rifle:

Doctor FinnBarr
41 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I stopped putting my hair up at the football as i had a wee kid sitting behind me and was stopping him seeing  very much :rifle:

Sorry Wattie, couldn't resist asking that question

You certainly had the hair up that day 😃

the general

One of my fave Exploited gigs was at Eric Brown's. Usual mayhem and busted by the police.

Did your dad or someone get arrested iirc?

wattie exploited
14 hours ago, the general said:

One of my fave Exploited gigs was at Eric Brown's. Usual mayhem and busted by the police.

Did your dad or someone get arrested iirc?

Eric Browns was a good wee venue when we played the night your talking about there was to many people there and outside that is why the police came plus the fact there was a couple of fights .

yeah My dad was there and he stood out as he was the only one wearing a suit some of the punks thought he was from the record company so when he was asked he  said yes he was from the record company lol !   :laugh2:

totally away with it .he was always trying to advise me on stuff with the band but I didnt always agree with his point of view 

not long after this gig  the council tried to get  Eric browns shut down as people were complaining about the music being to loud ecet  but great times :rifle:

there used to be some guy who was not all there with a pair of drum sticks who would play along with all the bands that played there but he wasn't harming any one we asked him if he wanted to play a song at sound check but he just got embarrassed and panicked :jambobanana:

Edited by wattie exploited

the general
8 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Eric Browns was a good wee venue when we played the night your talking about there was to many people there and outside that is why the police came plus the fact there was a couple of fights .

yeah My dad was there and he stood out as he was the only one wearing a suit some of the punks thought he was from the record company so when he was asked he  said yes he was from the record company lol !   :laugh2:

totally away with it .he was always trying to advise me on stuff with the band but I didnt always agree with his point of view 

not long after this gig  the council tried to get  Eric browns shut down as people were complaining about the music being to loud ecet  but great times :rifle:

there used to be some guy who was not all there with a pair of drum sticks who would play along with all the bands that played there but he wasn't harming any one we asked him if he wanted to play a song at sound check but he just got embarrassed and panicked :jambobanana:

Aye the phantom drummer used to do the same at Murrayfield Ice Rink if I remember right.

Strangest gig I saw there was The Thomson Twins when there was about 12 in the band.

Another was a spin of band with a couple of Simple Minds members .. not Jim obviously

wattie exploited
15 hours ago, the general said:

Aye the phantom drummer used to do the same at Murrayfield Ice Rink if I remember right.

Strangest gig I saw there was The Thomson Twins when there was about 12 in the band.

Another was a spin of band with a couple of Simple Minds members .. not Jim obviously

I met the band Simple minds quite a few times we stayed at the same hotel in London called the Columbia   most bands stayed there as the bar was open till late and Jim Kerr the singer   had one of the guys on his tour iron all his clothes which I though was a bit much lol :rifle:

the key board player was a really nice guy but I cant remember his name now :jambobanana:

Forever Hearts
26 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I met the band Simple minds quite a few times we stayed at the same hotel in London called the Columbia   most bands stayed there as the bar was open till late and Jim Kerr the singer   had one of the guys on his tour iron all his clothes which I though was a bit much lol :rifle:

the key board player was a really nice guy but I cant remember his name now :jambobanana:

Mick McNeill. He had a meltdown in Australia about 30 years ago and left in the middle of a tour. 

the general
2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Stayed in the Colombia a few times.

Pearl Jam were staying there one of the times and invited us over to stay for the USA World Cup

One of my big regrets not going   :)

I'm sure the key board guy was in that band and called themselves something like... Call me irresponsible with a chemistry set !!!

wattie exploited
8 hours ago, the general said:

Stayed in the Colombia a few times.

Pearl Jam were staying there one of the times and invited us over to stay for the USA World Cup

One of my big regrets not going   :)

I'm sure the key board guy was in that band and called themselves something like... Call me irresponsible with a chemistry set !!!

had loads of good drunken  times at the Columbia seen loads of bands there and lots of unbelievable characters  some mental people    in the music business :rock2: