The Exploited- Margate FC

Cairneyhill Jambo

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

had loads of good drunken  times at the Columbia seen loads of bands there and lots of unbelievable characters  some mental people    in the music business :rock2:

exploited barmy army

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• gator

• Forever Hearts

• Rizla

wattie exploited
On 15/03/2021 at 13:14, gator said:

I hope the celtic top got binned, he should have known better!

I could have gave him my hearts top but I had left it at the hotel :rifle:

3 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

looking forward to playing this festival  with Bad Manners 

ALTERNATIVE SOCIAL BANNER_1200x630px.jpg

Great to see some impending gigs, that's quite the lineup, I've seen a few of those bands, how is your brother doing?

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

That's a cracking line up. 

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, gator said:

Great to see some impending gigs, that's quite the lineup, I've seen a few of those bands, how is your brother doing?

what bands have you seen I have seen about 4 of them above  before :rifle:

what bands have you seen I have seen about 4 of them above  before :rifle:

I saw the Undertones a long, long time ago, a band I played in covered Teenage Kicks🙂 I've seen Stiff Little Fingers a couple of times, Big Country and I've seen The Jam and Paul Weller's solo tour!

1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

Great line up. Hope it gets the go ahead. 

wattie exploited
18 minutes ago, gator said:

I saw the Undertones a long, long time ago, a band I played in covered Teenage Kicks🙂 I've seen Stiff Little Fingers a couple of times, Big Country and I've seen The Jam and Paul Weller's solo tour!

seen the Ruts    ,Spear of Destiny are brilliant ,Bad Manners  are great also !!!!!

the jam are shit Paul Weller is a arse hole  !!!!!!!!

we played in years ago in the early eighties and they were playing just along the road there was a massive riot with the mods after the gig was mental  :rifle:

16 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

seen the Ruts    ,Spear of Destiny are brilliant ,Bad Manners  are great also !!!!!

we played in years ago in the early eighties and they were playing just along the road there was a massive riot with the mods after the gig was mental  :rifle:

seen 12 of the bands on that bill.

do you still hate crass as well wattie? :rock2:

been here before

Yes!!!

Ive always thought I was the only person who thought that. The world seems to be full of folk who think he's some kind of musical and cultural genius.

'The Modfather'

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Yes!!!

Ive always thought I was the only person who thought that. The world seems to be full of folk who think he's some kind of musical and cultural genius.

'The Modfather'

:facepalm:

When I saw The Jam back in the day I thought they were quite good, always liked bands with good bass, Paul Weller on his solo tour came across just as you and @wattie say, tbh when I first saw The Jam I didn't know who Paul Weller was!

Robbo-Jambo
27 minutes ago, gator said:

When I saw The Jam back in the day I thought they were quite good, always liked bands with good bass, Paul Weller on his solo tour came across just as you and @wattie say, tbh when I first saw The Jam I didn't know who Paul Weller was!

It's all about opinions and in mine The Jam were an absolute brilliant band. 

Seen them live many times and there were in a class of their own and the gigs were electric. 

Still got a huge following even though they split in 1982 and loads of tribute bands doing the rounds even today. 

Seen Weller solo a few times live but not quite the same, mainly because he refuses to play many Jam songs!! 

The band doing that festival From The Jam are excellent as well with the original bassist Bruce Foxton in the line up. 

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, tedarmy said:

seen 12 of the bands on that bill.

do you still hate crass as well wattie? :rock2:

crass   first album feeding the 5000 was a great album and a lot of punks believed in their lyrics and what they were meant to be about but they were just a bunch of liars and full of shit mate !

would take to long to explain why but I know that they were full of shit mate :rifle:

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It's all about opinions and in mine The Jam were an absolute brilliant band. 

Seen them live many times and there were in a class of their own and the gigs were electric. 

Still got a huge following even though they split in 1982 and loads of tribute bands doing the rounds even today. 

Seen Weller solo a few times live but not quite the same, mainly because he refuses to play many Jam songs!! 

The band doing that festival From The Jam are excellent as well with the original bassist Bruce Foxton in the line up. 

They were even better when Rick Buckler was playing with them. 

8 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

crass   first album feeding the 5000 was a great album and a lot of punks believed in their lyrics and what they were meant to be about but they were just a bunch of liars and full of shit mate !

would take to long to explain why but I know that they were full of shit mate :rifle:

:thumbsup:

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Will you be having a beer with Steve Ignorant at Skegness? 😃

Robbo-Jambo
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They were even better when Rick Buckler was playing with them. 

Yip, saw them a couple of times with Buckler on the drums. 

Think Rick fell out with Foxton when he started speaking to Weller again. 🙄

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yip, saw them a couple of times with Buckler on the drums. 

Think Rick fell out with Foxton when he started speaking to Weller again. 🙄

I'd heard he didn't fancy touring Australia, but you could be right. 

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

I'd heard he didn't fancy touring Australia, but you could be right. 

Maybe a bit of both. 

vintage1874

Seen TSC and solo Weller a few times over the years and always enjoyed them. From the jam not that impressed with them

If Mod is your thing Weller has always been important.  Wattie is a top jambo but the exploited were no that keen on mods back in the day!

Edited by vintage1874

I love this reminiscence session - if you guys fancy contributing to our 125th anniversary celebrations with anecdotes of Margate FC I'd be very grateful for any contributions. If you ever get down to Margate (to quote Chas and Dave) you'll be very welcome - the area is a little less shitholeish these days - if you get to a game I'll stand first round (I'm the loud chubby middle aged redhead behind the goal)

wattie exploited
5 hours ago, gator said:

in the early eighties I was at at a club called The Nightclub with my girlfriend at the time and the singer Fergal Sharkey was there and he was really trying to chat up my girlfriend but left his vodka at the bar which i swiped and drunk then he was blaming this other guy for drinking his drink !

Fergal  and his  train spotting anorak  total **** :rifle:

2 hours ago, vintage1874 said:

Seen TSC and solo Weller a few times over the years and always enjoyed them. From the jam not that impressed with them

If Mod is your thing Weller has always been important.  Wattie is a top jambo but the exploited were no that keen on mods back in the day!

When I first saw The Clash it was in a bar in Toronto, we considered everything punk that was new coming out of Britain or NYC, most of us that loved real punk still didn't know about mods, it was a different world from suburban Southern Ontario to where a lot of you lads grew up in those times! Punk music and hardcore has probably shaped  my life differently but it has been a major influence! I've been a Jambo from the early 80's and mentioned to @wattie exploited I played quite a bit of their music on my hardcore radio show I hosted back in the 80's I'm embarrassed to say that until this thread came out I didn't know he was a Jambo, the world is smaller now with social media and these stories are fantastic!

wattie exploited
14 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Will you be having a beer with Steve Ignorant at Skegness? 😃

yeah if he is buying lol!    but really I dont think so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :rifle:

Forever Hearts
Just now, wattie exploited said:

yeah if he is buying lol!    but really I dont think so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :rifle:

👍😃 We're hoping to book up but it's a nightmare to get to. Seven hours on the train with two or three changes. 

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

👍😃 We're hoping to book up but it's a nightmare to get to. Seven hours on the train with two or three changes. 

its about 7 to 8 hours driving  as well yeah its not a easy place to get to we will go down the day before we play I have a link for booking tickets if you want me to post it here ? 

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

its about 7 to 8 hours driving  as well yeah its not a easy place to get to we will go down the day before we play I have a link for booking tickets if you want me to post it here ? 

That would be great, as long as the mods are ok with it. Cheers.👍

wattie exploited

wattie exploited
13 hours ago, gator said:

When I first saw The Clash it was in a bar in Toronto, we considered everything punk that was new coming out of Britain or NYC, most of us that loved real punk still didn't know about mods, it was a different world from suburban Southern Ontario to where a lot of you lads grew up in those times! Punk music and hardcore has probably shaped  my life differently but it has been a major influence! I've been a Jambo from the early 80's and mentioned to @wattie exploited I played quite a bit of their music on my hardcore radio show I hosted back in the 80's I'm embarrassed to say that until this thread came out I didn't know he was a Jambo, the world is smaller now with social media and these stories are fantastic!

I met the clash a few times as I used to go out with this girl from London who was a super groupie and had ****ed all these different punk bands including The bass player from the clash so we would go to there hotel and hang out at the bar !!

the guys in the Clash were actually really nice guys !! 

wattie exploited
Forever Hearts
29 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

do you still get mods now a days :rifle:

Aye, the scooter rallies are a great weekend. Honest.😁

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, the scooter rallies are a great weekend. Honest.😁

In the early eighties  I remembered getting chased by about 13 mods on their scooters down in Edinburgh was funny as shit was hiding in this field with my dog :scooter:

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

In the early eighties  I remembered getting chased by about 13 mods on their scooters down in Edinburgh was funny as shit was hiding in this field with my dog :scooter:

😂👍 That's me and my mate booked up for Skegness. £340 for three nights, gig tickets included.

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

😂👍 That's me and my mate booked up for Skegness. £340 for three nights, gig tickets included.

great will see you there you taking your hearts top !!!!!!!!!!!:jambobanana:

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

great will see you there you taking your hearts top !!!!!!!!!!!:jambobanana:

Maybe. I'll let myself be known and you can buy me a pint.😃🍺

wattie exploited
4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Maybe. I'll let myself be known and you can buy me a pint.😃🍺

buy you a pint ermmmh  Lol    :nojustno::rock2::laugh2:

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

buy you a pint ermmmh  Lol    :nojustno::rock2::laugh2:

😂 typical punk. As tight as two coats of paint.😁

wattie exploited
4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

😂 typical punk. As tight as two coats of paint.😁

your so right :mj_zivili: 

no I will get you a beer if I see you :Funny-Post:

Forever Hearts
Just now, wattie exploited said:

I'll hold you to that.👍🍺 🇱🇻😃

5 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I hope you come back to Canada some time, Hamilton where I'm from would be great I'll buy you a beer, Hearts played in a tournament here in 94, it was great to see my team in our city!

wattie exploited

thanks wullie is doing better with a  couple of stents put in :mj_zivili:

Margate were just like Borra rangers a non league part time team with 100 % effort not like this current hearts team :waiting:

5 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Great thread. A nice distraction from the current situation. 

Hope Wullie's on the mend soon Wattie.

I'm really enjoying this thread as well, a total welcome from the sh*tshow. 

Wattie you got more stories from meeting other bands, good or bad?

wattie exploited
11 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

I'm really enjoying this thread as well, a total welcome from the sh*tshow. 

Wattie you got more stories from meeting other bands, good or bad?

yeah loads but the best part is they are all true :rifle:

7 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Sex, Drugs and Punk!! That said today not the best plan to fire up....👍