CYCLISTS

Miller Jambo 60

Miller Jambo 60

What is it with these nobs that go on 2 wheels.

1 Dont use lights at night.

2Go three abreast on a country road when the highway code states single file.

3Go through red lights.

And i have a bike but as a driver i obey the laws.:107years::107years:

FEEL BETTER

200milesfromgorgie
What is it with these nobs that go on 2 wheels.

1 Dont use lights at night.

2Go three abreast on a country road when the highway code states single file.

3Go through red lights.

And i have a bike but as a driver i obey the laws.:107years::107years:

FEEL BETTER

agree i am a cyclist and a driver but cant stand people on bikes that think they own the road (also when on bike cant stand motorists who bully cyclists)

but is it not ok to ride two abreast? thats what i've been told.

conn artist

highway codes states - never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends.

does not actually say anything about country roads. it would be up to your common sence/interpretation to decide what is a narrow or busy road.

i cycle regularly and never jump lights etc. really annoys me when you see folk jumping lights. usually they have all the cycling gear and think they know best.

Miller Jambo 60
highway codes states - never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends.

does not actually say anything about country roads. it would be up to your common sence/interpretation to decide what is a narrow or busy road.

i cycle regularly and never jump lights etc. really annoys me when you see folk jumping lights. usually they have all the cycling gear and think they know best.

I ride a bike myself so im not anti- cyclists.

Was coming back from a hearts game (WED NIGHT) and met one with no lights total jakey.

I dont need lights sad man.

conn artist
I ride a bike myself so im not anti- cyclists.

Was coming back from a hearts game (WED NIGHT) and met one with no lights total jakey.

I dont need lights sad man.

he wont either when he gets run over and killed.

as i say i cycle every other day but cyclists really do my nut in. mostly for going so slow, hogging a lane or jumping lights tho.

Cyclists get on my threepenny's, never obey the highway code,use pavements as soon as the lights go red,never indicate when pulling out,no lights or helmets...would love to send one flying one day:mad:

I P Knightley

Hey! We're not all the same!!

(I forgot, I'm on JKB and we generalise.)

Coming in this morning, I pulled to a stop at red lights and some tube belted past over the line and just about got hit by a car with right of way. Skids from both him and the car - he was lucky as it was a woman driving a Mercedes, one of the more lethal combinations on British roads. In 99% of cases, he've been hit.

I caught him up after the junction and while passing him, let him know my thoughts. Quite ironically, he wasn't wearing a helmet despite being a helmet.

I'm just popping out for a while to the supermarket. I'll see if I can swat a few on the way there and back.

Miller Jambo 60
Hey! We're not all the same!!

(I forgot, I'm on JKB and we generalise.)

Coming in this morning, I pulled to a stop at red lights and some tube belted past over the line and just about got hit by a car with right of way. Skids from both him and the car - he was lucky as it was a woman driving a Mercedes, one of the more lethal combinations on British roads. In 99% of cases, he've been hit.

I caught him up after the junction and while passing him, let him know my thoughts. Quite ironically, he wasn't wearing a helmet despite being a helmet.

TBH mate there are a lot of dicks driving cars too , probably the ones that cant get a ride.

rossi_1983

Some cyclists really annoy me too!

They act like they own the roads, whereas they should realise that they are vulnerable and use a bit of caution and common sense.

They constantly jump lights, yet moan at the motor vehicles or pedestrians that get in their way

Also annoys me the way they have cycle lanes at the front of lanes at lights. You then get the cyclists going to the front and riding three abreast across junctions and slowing everyone down

Miller Jambo 60

They act like they own the roads, whereas they should realise that they are vulnerable and use a bit of caution and common sense.

They constantly jump lights, yet moan at the motor vehicles or pedestrians that get in their way

Also annoys me the way they have cycle lanes at the front of lanes at lights. You then get the cyclists going to the front and riding three abreast across junctions and slowing everyone down

Knocked one down about 8 years ago (MY FAULT) but was he looking was he ****.

I approached the roundabout but he was on my blind side but did he see me more to the point.

These jokers are a law un -to themselves .

vladtheexhaler

I once knocked an elderly gentleman over whilst riding my bike. Felt pretty bad when I saw his hearing aid lying on the ground.

As a driver i'm not particularly fussed about Cyclists going through certain lights and even as a pedestrian i'm not too bothered about them skipping onto the pavement for a bit.

I realise how dangerous the roads can be for a cyclist and so if (slowly!) going through a pedestrian crossing or onto a (empty) pavement keeps them safer and less likely to be hit by a car then so be it.

Some cyclists are absolutely mental though. I'd certainly make wearing a helmet law on roads.

Boaby Ewing

While cyclists undoubtedly break more rules, most have waaaaaaaaay more awareness of what's going on around them than the majority of drivers.

It's the old thing about the only way to make most people drive more safely is to put a spike in the middle their steering wheel.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Lights are important. I nearly knocked down my own mate one night ages ago. I swear I had to jump the breaks. He seen me go around and thought I was taking the ****.

I do cycle regularly and skip the lights when it quite and I can get away with it. ;-)

Well I didn't hit any cyclists. Though I did have several people walk in front of me in the carpark and 2 teenagers on scooters that are on borrowed time if the keep on cutting up large cars that may not have as good brakes as mine.

I P Knightley

I like to think I'm more courteous to other road users than the cyclist you depict. However, if I find some mofo in his Toyota Prius sitting in my cycle box at the lights then, so help me, I'm gonna get out in front of him and pull away from the lights very, very slowly indeed.

Miller Jambo 60
I like to think I'm more courteous to other road users than the cyclist you depict. However, if I find some mofo in his Toyota Prius sitting in my cycle box at the lights then, so help me, I'm gonna get out in front of him and pull away from the lights very, very slowly indeed.

The thing is mate you probably are good on the roads , but it is spoilt by certain dicks on their bikes,:107years:

Jam Tarts 1874

Cyclists on the pavements are becoming more prevelent, when I see one coming I just make sure I take up the whole pavement so they can't get past without dis-mounting, the last one who had something to say about it got a broken nose, as did the idiot who almost knocked me over at a pedestrian crossing while the green man was on. I say zero tollerance.

Remember the more that these morons get away with taking over your pavements and footpaths and get away with not stopping at lights and crossings, the more the chances are that old people, babies in prams etc are going to get injured - think about it!

They are even worse when they get off road. They really get on my tits going along the dean. For anyone who is not familiar with the dean walkway it is barely fit for walking on at some points never mind cycling, yet they still zoom past you without using a bell or even their voice to warn you, like they expect you to have some sort of sixth sense. Then they'll shake their head and tut if they have to go to the trouble of actually going around you when you don't immediately sweep out of their way. Why do some folk suddenly think they own the place once they get on a bike? TBH I wish they would just feck off onto the roads and leave the WALKways for people who want to walk safely around the town in peace.

I P Knightley
I once knocked an elderly gentleman over whilst riding my bike. Felt pretty bad when I saw his hearing aid lying on the ground.

Nice one.

I got an old wifey who thought it was a good idea to cross the road between two buses without looking in Oxford Street. She had the decency to apologise to me, even though she was the one pasted over the road.

I P Knightley
And what about horsesand riders ????? Even worse IMO!!!!

There's a few of these fokkers on my route into work, near Hyde Park. Don't mind the horses but the big, steaming piles of poo are pretty nasty.

I'll get them back one day!

There's a few of these fokkers on my route into work, near Hyde Park. Don't mind the horses but the big, steaming piles of poo are pretty nasty.

I'll get them back one day!

What? You are going to **** on them:confused:

I P Knightley
What? You are going to **** on them:confused:

You betcha!

Mind, if I produce something even a tenth of the volume that those dirty sods do, I'll be in for a prolapse.

andy1874hmfc
he wont either when he gets run over and killed.

as i say i cycle every other day but cyclists really do my nut in. mostly for going so slow, hogging a lane or jumping lights tho.

You can't really get at them for going slow, you don't how far they've cycled or how tired they are.

Miller Jambo 60
You can't really get at them for going slow, you don't how far they've cycled or how tired they are.

Slow in the brain.

conn artist

theres going slow from tiredness and theres going slow from being in the lowest gear and wasting there time and energy by not going forward. thats what gears are for on bikes is so that you can get the most out of it. whats the point in burling away like a mad man when you can change up a few gears and get going. i fell like taking bikes off these people.

dodethejambo

I do the same, the junction at the bottom of Gilmerton rd is bad for this also when the sit in the left hand lane knowing that when they turn right they will be driving in a bus lane, should hear them revving their engine as a hint to get past.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Cyclists on the pavements are becoming more prevelent, when I see one coming I just make sure I take up the whole pavement so they can't get past without dis-mounting, the last one who had something to say about it got a broken nose, as did the idiot who almost knocked me over at a pedestrian crossing while the green man was on. I say zero tollerance.

Remember the more that these morons get away with taking over your pavements and footpaths and get away with not stopping at lights and crossings, the more the chances are that old people, babies in prams etc are going to get injured - think about it!

So you think attacking people solves things?

Archived