UKPC Parking Charge

JamboCampbell

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe shoppers have had an issue. I have seen queues of cars winding round the car park  as I walked past at the end of the game. A  further 5 

minutes got me to my car parked in  Balgreen. Probably hit the road before some got out of Sainsbury' s car park.

Avoiding these tickets seems simple to me. Comply with what the landowner asks you to do. Unless you are content with people parking on or across your drive or squatting in your home.

Hopefully the home owners around Balgreen managed to get parked near their house and weren’t inconvienced by you parking in the area. 

Konrad von Carstein
31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Hopefully the home owners around Balgreen managed to get parked near their house and weren’t inconvienced by you parking in the area. 

Ooh,  the biter bit :)

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Ooh,  the biter bit :)

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

They had absolutely no problem. I parked on a public unrestricted road without obstructing anyone. It is amazingly simple to do that within 10 to 15 minutes walk from Tynie. 

But you can save walking a few hundred yards by parking on someone else's property. 

Edited by Francis Albert

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

They had absolutely no problem. I parked on a public unrestricted road without obstructing anyone. It is amazingly simple to do that within 10 to 15 minutes walk from Tynie. 

I know FA,  until recenty I lived within that distance from Tynecastle all my life so can confirm that,  on this occasion,  you are corect.  :)

I made an error at the airport on a dark miserable night by sitting in my car waiting on my Mrs, I wasn't aware (that's on me) of the signage etc... :(

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I know FA,  until recenty I lived within that distance from Tynecastle all my life so can confirm that,  on this occasion,  you are corect.  :)

I made an error at the airport on a dark miserable night by sitting in my car waiting on my Mrs, I wasn't aware (that's on me) of the signage etc... :(

Fair enough. The signage could often be clearer and the enforcement less strict. But parking for three hours in a restricted space to attend a game? 

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Fair enough. The signage could often be clearer and the enforcement less strict. But parking for three hours in a restricted space to attend a game? 

I agree it's a wee bit off....

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sheer laziness people parking in the Sainsbury's car park when going to the match. Sums up the selfishness of many in society today. I'm alright Jack and feck everybody else.

I park at Whitson where there is plenty room to park without impacting on others. 

I also enjoy the short walk to and from Tynecastle.

Very considerate Jonno.

Car drivers actually walking.

Will it ever catch on?

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sheer laziness people parking in the Sainsbury's car park when going to the match. Sums up the selfishness of many in society today. I'm alright Jack and feck everybody else.

I park at Whitson where there is plenty room to park without impacting on others. 

Illegally parked, if i was the sainsburys manager,would block there cars in for the weekend..**** em.

Nowt worse that entitled pricks 🙂

My wife got a letter this morning again,still trying to get her to pay a charge.The crime was committed in February 2016.They can bolt.

Harry Potter
On 09/08/2021 at 16:49, EH11_2NL said:

The only fines you need to take notice of are from the council and the police. The penalty charge notices from these shysters are not even worth wiping your bum with. 

this.

On 10/08/2021 at 20:42, jonnothejambo said:

Always plenty spaces in Sainsbury’s too and far less to walk. I always pop in to top up the Sainsbury’s millions to make myself feel better. These days I’m a public transport or taxi and a few pints though. My first flat was in Whitson about 30 years ago. Parking for the homeowners was horrendous when the rugby was on. Couldn’t say for the hearts games because I was always there so didn’t need to move the car. This thing about not impacting others just because you are parking on an unrestricted area is pretty much a load of nonsense. Wherever you park you are causing parking and congestion issues for the surrounding area. When it comes to parking I think we all pretty much try to find a space that suits the occasion. 

14 hours ago, weegranty said:

My wife got a letter this morning again,still trying to get her to pay a charge.The crime was committed in February 2016.They can bolt.

Assuming it was Scotland she committed her crime, and she hasn't contacted them and admitted liability, they can't take her to court over it, as it's over 5 years. 

Harry Potter
14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps Sainsburys could get pragmatic and engage in a wee bit of community building and turn over a small part of their car park for Hearts fans between 2pm and 5.30pm on Saturdays (or equivalent times during other KOs) with a nominal fee (which perhaps goes to charity)? Keep the rest of the spaces for shoppers (show a receipt).

Great idea a win win , theres always plenty of spaces in there, its a huge car park.

Nightmare getting out post match, but safe to park.

19 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps Sainsburys could get pragmatic and engage in a wee bit of community building and turn over a small part of their car park for Hearts fans between 2pm and 5.30pm on Saturdays (or equivalent times during other KOs) with a nominal fee (which perhaps goes to charity)? Keep the rest of the spaces for shoppers (show a receipt).

Nor sure it’s an issue except in FA’s grumpy little head. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Woo Hoo, just got a letter from the kid-on lawyers that parkingeye have set up to hassle folks, for a offence that was committed the day before the 2019 cup final as I waited for another poster to arrive from Belgium. £170 now, they can ram it.

Couple of years ago. I sold a car and posted off docs to the DVLA. They did the change 2 weeks later but in meantime new owner had got a ticket at a Lidl in Galasheils. On receipt of ticket I wrote back saying car had been sold and showed what documentation I had - photo of completed DVLA form which had subsequently been posted, and contact details of new owner. They responded that the ticket was still on me! I appealed, saying this was ridiculous as you could see from the dates I quoted and subsequent DVLA data that had come in showed that it would be quite daft of me to sell a car just to get out of a parking ticket - problem I had was that DVLA dated the change on day they actioned it, not date I sold the car and posted the form - and in between she'd got ticketed. They said appeal was rejected. I then realised that the car insurance had ended by the date of the ticket so sent this also, and said i'd see them in court if that didn't suffice. This was the bit of info that tipped the scales and they backed off. If I hadn't cancelled the insurance though, I'd have had quite a problem.

Edited by Spellczech

5 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Couple of years ago. I sold a car and posted off docs to the DVLA. They did the change 2 weeks later but in meantime new owner had got a ticket at a Lidl in Galasheils. On receipt of ticket I wrote back saying car had been sold and showed what documentation I had - photo of completed DVLA form which had subsequently been posted, and contact details of new owner. They responded that the ticket was still on me! I appealed, saying this was ridiculous as you could see from the dates I quoted and subsequent DVLA data that had come in showed that it would be quite daft of me to sell a car just to get out of a parking ticket - problem I had was that DVLA dated the change on day they actioned it, not date I sold the car and posted the form - and in between she'd got ticketed. They said appeal was rejected. I then realised that the car insurance had ended by the date of the ticket so sent this also, and said i'd see them in court if that didn't suffice. This was the bit of info that tipped the scales and they backed off. If I hadn't cancelled the insurance though, I'd have had quite a problem.

Only if you admitted it was you driving the car and it obviously wasn't. They need to prove who was driving the car.

1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Only if you admitted it was you driving the car and it obviously wasn't. They need to prove who was driving the car.

Yeah didn't realise that at the time. I just wanted nothing to do with it ie credit history type stuff, as I didn't even own the car. Big error contacting them to tell them to get lost.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually just got a ticket today for parking in Edinburgh at fountain park. I’m a delivery courier and stopped on double yellows in the taxi rank to quickly jump out as it was so busy. I understand that’s not ideal (or allowed tbh I’m not sure still) but I worked during the lockdowns and restaurants like five guys wrote on the app that we should park in the taxi rank. What should I do. Similar to the OP I don’t know if they can track me down or take me to court etc. Cause £60 is a lot for me. Cheers in advance! ☺️

• 4 months later...
On 08/03/2021 at 13:34, Restonbabe said:

Bin they have no way what so ever of knowing who owns the car or who the registered keeper is 

In this case they do. They have contacted DVLA who have furnished them with the details. I have separate issues with DVLA, too.

I got one for parking in Grindley street. Bear in mind the following... 

When a driver parks in a space in a private car park and sees a sign that says how long they are allowed to stay and how much the fine is for overstaying or failure to pay, the driver is entering a contract.  They might not have signed a bit of paper agreeing to any terms and conditions but this doesn’t matter, they have entered into a contract.  A contract does not need to be in writing in Scotland.

The contract is between the landowner and the driver of the car.  Not the owner of the car or registered keeper. 

How can they know who drove the car? 

Dennis Reynolds
19 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

I got one for parking in Grindley street. Bear in mind the following... 

When a driver parks in a space in a private car park and sees a sign that says how long they are allowed to stay and how much the fine is for overstaying or failure to pay, the driver is entering a contract.  They might not have signed a bit of paper agreeing to any terms and conditions but this doesn’t matter, they have entered into a contract.  A contract does not need to be in writing in Scotland.

The contract is between the landowner and the driver of the car.  Not the owner of the car or registered keeper. 

How can they know who drove the car? 

They don't 😉

• 1 month later...
On 04/03/2021 at 13:14, JamboCampbell said:

Hey - hoping someone can help me with this!

I got a Parking Charge from UKPC at the weekend whilst at Hermiston Gate. 

Question:

I am aware that previously you could just bin these, ignore all letters and after a while they go away as effectively they have no way of proving who the driver was and in Scotland they are not legally allowed to go to the DVLA and force it upon the registered driver. I am aware there is something called POFA in England and Wales whereby the private firm can request the keepers details from the DVLA. 

I also am aware there was a bill passed in 2020 to get something similar in Scotland but not sure if this is actually law yet?

Effectively I am looking for advice/experience of similar and what I should do. 

I am leaning towards ignoring. 

Cheers in advance

JC

Have they finally  left you alone any update 

JamboCampbell
On 19/03/2022 at 17:04, Pudsey37 said:

Have they finally  left you alone any update 

Hey, Yeah they did. Not had any further letters in the last several months after the final 'threatening one'. Done and dusted.