Jump to content

1st January 1975


Recommended Posts

Kiwidoug

That is a monumental embarrassment.  Unless, of course, a Jambo had a hand in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence

Almost 50 years ago and they bang on about winning a league game against us and get upset about us living in the past with 5-1 which was less than 9 years ago.  Imagine if they’d ever beaten us in a cup final!  Maybe they would get the date right though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
queensferryjambo
22 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Almost 50 years ago and they bang on about winning a league game against us and get upset about us living in the past with 5-1 which was less than 9 years ago.  Imagine if they’d ever beaten us in a cup final!  Maybe they would get the date right though. 

 

When I was a kid my Grandad told me he went to a Hearts match when Hearts scored 8 goals against Hibs.

 

I kind of doubted it and thought it might have been a false memory from when he was young. Turned out with the advent of the internet I checked it and he was at a league match at Tynecastle in 1935 when Hearts did score 8.

 

Note to all Hibs fans he wasn't wearing a ****ing T Shirt with the score on it in the 1980s  

Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay
1 hour ago, Toonhertz said:

Even when they gloat they still manage to hibs it

17A17FE1-CE75-4823-8987-7BC8E32F0C01.jpeg

9B56A157-3788-4C1E-91FC-0D05E4CDB59D.jpeg

That game ended 0-0. Donald Ford hit the left hand post of the goal at the school end, looking on from the Gorgie Road End in the last minute.

Edited by John Findlay
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hibs really are arseholes.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Horatio Caine

Why the harp?  is it because they're always harping on about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Almost 50 years ago and they bang on about winning a league game against us and get upset about us living in the past with 5-1 which was less than 9 years ago.  Imagine if they’d ever beaten us in a cup final!  Maybe they would get the date right though. 

It's funny too, how they wielded out the 'comfort blanket' chat about 2012 within a year or 2 later, but they still go on about 2016.

 

They think 2016 bothers us as much, if not more, than 2012. I think they think that they beat us in the final. :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers

Remember that fud Murray shaved the score into his head. Did we not pump them that day as well? :laugh:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars

The 1 January 1975 is still a significant date in Hearts' history, being the last time that Tynecastle ever hosted a crowd of over 36,000. Second biggest Tynie crowd I've experienced. Game was a typical NYD derby, finishing 0-0, though we came close near the end (possibly even hit the post?)

 

That was Hagart's first season, when we made a terrible start. Hagart became manager, got the team motivated, and signed Don Murray at centre back, who steadied the ship. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
TexasAndy
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Remember that fud Murray shaved the score into his head. Did we not pump them that day as well? :laugh:

 

I think that was the 4-4 game.  Even funnier than a win 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo

That is embarrassing, even for Hibs. An obsession with a league game almost 50 years ago, that not many of them will have been at.

Then, whoever decided to try to take advantage of their obsession gets the date of the match wrong, and still tries to sell it.

I went back to work after the New Year holiday in 1973, expecting to get a hard time from the Hibs fans in the office. None of them said anything much other than they knew how they would be feeling if the score had been reversed, so they would leave it at that.

Our 17 and 22 in a row runs destroyed them long before the 2012 cup final and the 2006 semi final. It's pretty much all they've got over us and, like a child with a comfort blanket, they can't let it go.

I sold my programme from the match, a few years ago now, presumably to one of them for £100. I wish I had bought more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
12 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Why the harp?  is it because they're always harping on about it?

It used to be the club badge - one of many as I recall. 

 

Even so, feckin tragic stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Toonhertz said:

Even when they gloat they still manage to hibs it

17A17FE1-CE75-4823-8987-7BC8E32F0C01.jpeg

9B56A157-3788-4C1E-91FC-0D05E4CDB59D.jpeg

FS🤦‍♂️They really are the Norman Wisdom of Scottish football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

The 1 January 1975 is still a significant date in Hearts' history, being the last time that Tynecastle ever hosted a crowd of over 36,000. Second biggest Tynie crowd I've experienced. Game was a typical NYD derby, finishing 0-0, though we came close near the end (possibly even hit the post?)

 

That was Hagart's first season, when we made a terrible start. Hagart became manager, got the team motivated, and signed Don Murray at centre back, who steadied the ship. 

 

 

Well now you can buy a badge to commemmorate the occasion :laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

Well now you can buy a badge to commemmorate the occasion :laugh:

 

If someone brought out a 1-1-75 "5-1" badge I might be interested.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
23 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

 

When I was a kid my Grandad told me he went to a Hearts match when Hearts scored 8 goals against Hibs.

 

I kind of doubted it and thought it might have been a false memory from when he was young. Turned out with the advent of the internet I checked it and he was at a league match at Tynecastle in 1935 when Hearts did score 8.

 

Note to all Hibs fans he wasn't wearing a ****ing T Shirt with the score on it in the 1980s  


The biggest thing in their history - they scored 7 against us in a league game once.  But we trumped that by scoring 8 in a league game against them yet it hardly ever gets a mention from Hearts fans.  Says it all about them really.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
On 03/03/2021 at 21:13, John Findlay said:

That game ended 0-0. Donald Ford hit the left hand post of the goal at the school end, looking on from the Gorgie Road End in the last minute.

Ffs John, I forgot all about that.

The ground was absolutely rammed, 36k but probably even more.

I was in the high part of the Gorgie end.

 

In around the same area the next Tyney game, Callachan had us up 1-0 before Stanton equalised just after midnight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...