Jump to content

Referee for Saturday


Recommended Posts

Deevers

Don Robertson.  Robbie will end up in the stand again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Deevers
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is Robbie back for this one?

If he’s not - maybe just as well he’s not on the sidelines. Robertson would test the patience of a saint as far as we are concerned, he’s consistently horrendous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He likes a booking does Don.    He's been ref in two of our defeats to Dundee and Dunfermline. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy
14 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If he’s not - maybe just as well he’s not on the sidelines. Robertson would test the patience of a saint as far as we are concerned, he’s consistently horrendous.

At least he's consistent 🙄... I don't think the standard of refereeing has been too bad this season (compared to the premier league) but this guy is a complete trumpet!

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is Robbie back for this one?

 

Yes.   

 

“Part of the reason I got a second yellow was because I just tried to speak to the referee. Most referees you are allowed to speak to but he just tells you to get out of his face.

 

“If you don’t get out of his face then he will yellow-card you. I’m disappointed as I just wanted to speak to him.”. Robbie Neilson, regarding Beaton. 

 

A hearing was held on Thursday February 18 with the outcome of an immediate two-match ban, and two matches suspended until December 31 2021.

 

 

This means that, should he breach the rules again between now and the end of the calendar year, he will incur a further two-match suspension.

 

Neilson will now be absent from the dugout for Saturday’s Scottish Championship match at home to Morton, as well as next weekend's trip to Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Edited by HMFC01
Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy

Thanks, for whatever reason I thought ICT was the first match in his ban.

Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

He likes a booking does Don.    He's been ref in two of our defeats to Dundee and Dunfermline. 

 

What a coincidence.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
57 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

At least he's consistent 🙄... I don't think the standard of refereeing has been too bad this season (compared to the premier league) but this guy is a complete trumpet!

 

If you look at this in detail, it's been "new" refs that have been the best.  Collum apart, surprisingly, Beaton, Robertson and other established refs have been worse and, by and large, awarded more fouls against us than the newcomers.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Penalty for Scumdee a cert then or a perfectly good Hearts goal disallowed. Worst ref in Scotland.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy
40 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

 

If you look at this in detail, it's been "new" refs that have been the best.  Collum apart, surprisingly, Beaton, Robertson and other established refs have been worse and, by and large, awarded more fouls against us than the newcomers.

 

 

Yeah I'd totally agree with that... Gollum not been too bad (have I just said that!?)... Beaton and Robertson piss-poor as usual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

 

What a coincidence.

 

 

Aye. Coincidentally we were shite in both games and deserved to get beat

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ex member of the SaS

When I saw the title I thought Christ hope it's not Don Robertson. Only to find it is! How the hell do we seem to get these roasters more than the others? A conspiracy theory would suggest the GFA are trying to keep us down for another season or more.

Is it because we are the " Premiership" club we always get the Premiership refs? Can't think of any other Championship game that has had a top flight ref in charge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy
13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

When I saw the title I thought Christ hope it's not Don Robertson. Only to find it is! How the hell do we seem to get these roasters more than the others? A conspiracy theory would suggest the GFA are trying to keep us down for another season or more.

Is it because we are the " Premiership" club we always get the Premiership refs? Can't think of any other Championship game that has had a top flight ref in charge.

This clown certainly seems to get the 'bigger' games for us!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

Robertson is fast becoming an Ian Brines clone. 

 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

1 win in the last 16 under him I believe. 

 

:interehjrling:

 

 

 

Gigantic arsehole of a referee

Link to post
Share on other sites
Voice of reason

That’s disappointing. Dundee will just now throw balls into our box for people to grapple with our defenders and fall down. The penalty he gave to Dundee at Dens was a joke. He gave every decision to Dundee that night. It’s so depressing that he’s the ref again. Sigh! 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fxxx the SPFL

Was it not him that disallowed a perfectly good goal by Berra at New Methil when we played Raith in the league cup recently i was in line with that and Berra never touched the guy perfectly good header disallowed tosser.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Voice of reason
5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Was it not him that disallowed a perfectly good goal by Berra at New Methil when we played Raith in the league cup recently i was in line with that and Berra never touched the guy perfectly good header disallowed tosser.

Indeed. Penalised Berra for the penalty at the Dundee game for nothing as well. Berra wasn’t even looking at the player who ran into him. Maybe he just hates Berra!

Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye. Coincidentally we were shite in both games and deserved to get beat

 

Deflection from the point being made, regardless of how we played, the SFA allocated this choob to two key away games and now this important game and historically he has been awful when refereeing us.  They used to do that with Brines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy
48 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

That’s disappointing. Dundee will just now throw balls into our box for people to grapple with our defenders and fall down. The penalty he gave to Dundee at Dens was a joke. He gave every decision to Dundee that night. It’s so depressing that he’s the ref again. Sigh! 😕

Was it not him that should have sent off the Dundee player (Byrne I think) that halved Naismith within the first 10 minutes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
58 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

 

Deflection from the point being made, regardless of how we played, the SFA allocated this choob to two key away games and now this important game and historically he has been awful when refereeing us.  They used to do that with Brines.

It’s hardly deflection. If you dismiss the fact that we’ve been shite, you could make a ‘bias’ case for just about any referee we’ve had regularly in the last 2-3 years. Brines was ‘doing’ us when we had a decent team with a decent record that’s why he stands out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Voice of reason
47 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Was it not him that should have sent off the Dundee player (Byrne I think) that halved Naismith within the first 10 minutes?

Yes, it was him. One of the most one-sided refereeing performances I can remember. Bad refs are usually equally poor for both teams. It felt like he had an agenda.

Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s hardly deflection. If you dismiss the fact that we’ve been shite, you could make a ‘bias’ case for just about any referee we’ve had regularly in the last 2-3 years. Brines was ‘doing’ us when we had a decent team with a decent record that’s why he stands out.

 

So the ref's ok because we're merde?  In fact Beaton is squeaky clean, because we're merde?  In fact if we have a poor game and the ref gives a non-penalty against Hearts, or chalks off a good goal, it's our fault because we weren't playing well?

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
49 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s hardly deflection. If you dismiss the fact that we’ve been shite, you could make a ‘bias’ case for just about any referee we’ve had regularly in the last 2-3 years. Brines was ‘doing’ us when we had a decent team with a decent record that’s why he stands out.

Too many folk including our manager looking to put the blame on refs, the weather, the state of the pitch etc. 

 

We have lost games this season because basically we have been shit in them. 

 

No other reason or excuse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Was it not him that should have sent off the Dundee player (Byrne I think) that halved Naismith within the first 10 minutes?

First 2 minutes. He shat it. It was 2 red cards not 1 that challenge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Thomaso
6 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

He likes a booking does Don.    He's been ref in two of our defeats to Dundee and Dunfermline. 


Not a good sign! ☹️

Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

 

So the ref's ok because we're merde?  In fact Beaton is squeaky clean, because we're merde?  In fact if we have a poor game and the ref gives a non-penalty against Hearts, or chalks off a good goal, it's our fault because we weren't playing well?

 

 

 

 

I can probably count on one hand the number of games we have undeservedly lost in the last 5 years that were solely down to a dodgy refereeing performance but hey, you carry on believing we’re being vicTIMised. I prefer to look at the REAL issue. I’ve looked at the games refereed by Mr Robertson and not one I can see where he costs us anything we deserved to get 

Edited by JimmyCant
Link to post
Share on other sites
Voice of reason
29 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Too many folk including our manager looking to put the blame on refs, the weather, the state of the pitch etc. 

 

We have lost games this season because basically we have been shit in them. 

 

No other reason or excuse. 

That’s simply not true though. If Don Robertson sends the Dundee player off after 2 minutes we win the game. Even after that, if he doesn’t award them a ridiculous penalty with 7 minutes to go when we are pushing for an equaliser then it might finish 2-2. The ref had an obvious influence on the result that night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

That’s simply not true though. If Don Robertson sends the Dundee player off after 2 minutes we win the game. Even after that, if he doesn’t award them a ridiculous penalty with 7 minutes to go when we are pushing for an equaliser then it might finish 2-2. The ref had an obvious influence on the result that night.

Possibly, but for half that game of football our performance was absolutely terrible. 

 

Dundee could have been out of sight by half time. 

 

You do have a point though about the red card and pen but we certainly didn't help ourselves with that first half showing. 

 

There has been a lot of excuses about defeats though when in reality it has been our own performances that have failed us. 

 

Get what you are saying about that particular game though. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I can probably count on one hand the number of games we have undeservedly lost in the last 5 years that were solely down to a dodgy refereeing performance but hey, you carry on believing we’re being vicTIMised. I prefer to look at the REAL issue. I’ve looked at the games refereed by Mr Robertson and not one I can see where he costs us anything we deserved to get 

 

So you're an alien!

 

We play poorly and referee awards a non-penalty and we lose 1-0 and by your reckoning it wasn't down to poor refereeing.

 

Ok!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ex member of the SaS
15 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Possibly, but for half that game of football our performance was absolutely terrible. 

 

Dundee could have been out of sight by half time. 

 

You do have a point though about the red card and pen but we certainly didn't help ourselves with that first half showing. 

 

There has been a lot of excuses about defeats though when in reality it has been our own performances that have failed us. 

 

Get what you are saying about that particular game though. 👍

You can say it's sour grapes when we lose but with this clown we have had bad decisions when playing well too. No matter how badly a team plays the officials can still have a huge result. Robertson was the ref in the cup final the other day  ( Livi V St J ) and he clearly ignored fouls against Livi that influenced the game. 

Playing well or playing badly doesn't distract from a cheating official.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Deevers
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You can say it's sour grapes when we lose but with this clown we have had bad decisions when playing well too. No matter how badly a team plays the officials can still have a huge result. Robertson was the ref in the cup final the other day  ( Livi V St J ) and he clearly ignored fouls against Livi that influenced the game. 

Playing well or playing badly doesn't distract from a cheating official.

It’s sometimes not the big decisions that alter games, it’s a number of bad decisions on the more minor things that can fundamentally alter the way games go.  Robertson is a past master at dreadful decision making in our games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...