Jump to content

Charlie Adam


Recommended Posts

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

On both sides...  Most of the personal attacks come from those who think we are doing ok. 

  

I think you’ll find it’s pretty evenly split. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Thomaso

    18

  • Auldbenches

    8

  • john thomas

    7

  • davemclaren

    6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thomaso
1 minute ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

 

The pies have been solid under Budge.

 

Definitely a plus for the legacy.


Pies were top of the agenda of the 5 year plan 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

Just been reading about this on FB. Does it not depend on when the test was carried out, i.e. are they done on the morning of games or just done once per week. If the test had been carried out, for example, on the Wednesday before the weekend games but only announced on Saturday would he not be clear to play this coming weekend by a day or two or is it 10 day from the date the result is announced.

Think he has to have another test -negative- before he can return. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, Thomaso said:


Pies were top of the agenda of the 5 year plan 👍

A positive Chris Robinson legacy perhaps?  
 

I must admit I never thought I would ever get sentimental about standing in a cold Wheatfield concourse eating a hot pie. 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado

Bonus if he is out.

 

Shouldnt matter but it does. Will always raise his game v big teams.

 

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A positive Chris Robinson legacy perhaps?  
 

I must admit I never thought I would ever get sentimental about standing in a cold Wheatfield concourse eating a hot pie. 😕

😀  Indeed. I'd even settle for the  curiously named "vegetarian option"  with the wind howling through the concourse right now. 😲

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think you’ll find it’s pretty evenly split. 

Can argue with you on this.  You know the site more than most.  I mean that genuinely.  

It looks like the defenders are more defensive when it comes to criticism  

Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay

So i wonder if the reason he is no their manager is because according to the grapevine he is not popular at Dens Park?

Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29

He was on Sportsound at the start of the season pretty much saying Covid protocols were a nonsense and he wasn't scared of catching it.

 

I don't wish him harm, or long covid but if ever someone................?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambonian

Were we not interested in him at one point last year?

Think he said something along the lines of he wanted to finish his career at the club he'd supported as a boy though.

Edited by jambonian
Link to post
Share on other sites
john thomas
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

On both sides...  Most of the personal attacks come from those who think we are doing ok. 

  

Never mentioned sides or personal attacks ?

Unfortunately you have just proved my point . Your answers to my posts are only relevant to your posts

Link to post
Share on other sites
tian447
1 hour ago, been here before said:

 

So would that only apply to Hearts chances being improved?

 

Alloas chances or Dunfermlines wouldnt be improved with Adam not playing?

 

To be fair, aye:

 

However, we should be better than Dundee with or without Adam playing.  It should be a complete non-issue for us, but we've struggled against worse teams than Dundee this season so it makes more of a difference than it should. 

 

Other teams who are a bit closer to Dundee in terms of size, structure, budget, etc. like Alloa or Dunfermline should be more affected by a single player not making the game, as ability wise he's probably one of the better players in the league. 

 

We should be miles out in front, uncatchable, blowing teams away every week, but we're not.

Edited by tian447
Link to post
Share on other sites
Super_Hans
42 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

He was on Sportsound at the start of the season pretty much saying Covid protocols were a nonsense and he wasn't scared of catching it.

 

I don't wish him harm, or long covid but if ever someone................?

 

 

I remember that well. Embarrassing and cringeworthy from Adam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
21 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Never mentioned sides or personal attacks ?

Unfortunately you have just proved my point . Your answers to my posts are only relevant to your posts

We'll just have to disagree.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
29 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Adam is 70?

 

I thought he was 51?

It's the Dundee diet that helps keep the youthful looks.  Maybe it's because of jealousy that his team mates don't like him.  

Dundee Adonis.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Natural Order

To be fair, if he's caught Covi-19 he's a lucky boy. I'm fairly sure you can catch far worse in Dundee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
alwaysthereinspirit
5 hours ago, tian447 said:

 

It's a sad state of affairs when the teams chances of winning a game are increased by Dundee not being able to play a 70 year old Charlie Adam.

So if team A plays team B in any league in any country, and team B has their best player missing. Team A fans won’t be psyched?

Must try harder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
haveyouheard1874

Right now i wouldny mind a Charlie Adam type player in our team

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy

This should ne a non-issue for us. Lets put 6 past them again and make sure they don't get near the playoffs! Corrupt bassas!

Link to post
Share on other sites
john thomas
32 minutes ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Right now i wouldny mind a Charlie Adam type player in our team

Andy Irving ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, tian447 said:

 

It's a sad state of affairs when the teams chances of winning a game are increased by Dundee not being able to play a 70 year old Charlie Adam.

 

Bit of a silly post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
haveyouheard1874
4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Andy Irving ?

Would be sweet to see Andy starting, just would like to see more creativity and CA offers that in abundance at this level 

Link to post
Share on other sites
john thomas
27 minutes ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Would be sweet to see Andy starting, just would like to see more creativity and CA offers that in abundance at this level 

Yes if Irving's game develops [preferably with us] he could be as good as Adam and more mobile .

Adam getting a fair old slagging on here but still an effective player .

Link to post
Share on other sites
haveyouheard1874
Just now, john thomas said:

Yes if Irving's game develops [preferably with us] he could be as good as Adam and more mobile .

Adam getting a fair old slagging on here but still an effective player .

Irving could do really well in his career and i hope he does. Not sure if Liverpool will be an option for him though

Link to post
Share on other sites
john thomas
2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

We'll just have to disagree.  

Points I was making weren't really up for debate but you disagree away . I'll just give up

Link to post
Share on other sites
john thomas
1 minute ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Irving could do really well in his career and i hope he does. Not sure if Liverpool will be an option for him though

Yes I am being optimistic about Irving's career . Football has moved on so much I doubt if CA[at his peak] would be near the EPL now

Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts
6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Done nothing noteworthy since. 

6 goals and 7 assists in 14 games indicates he has done something of note, since the first game of the season.

 

Can't think of any of our midfielders even close to those stats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
9 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

6 goals and 7 assists in 14 games indicates he has done something of note, since the first game of the season.

 

Can't think of any of our midfielders even close to those stats.

True enough. Since they beat us he’s scored one goal, a penalty. Doesn’t seem to have done much since we played them last.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

 

If true it is bad for us.

 

One more person with covid is bad for everyone.

 

Another link in the chain of infection, prolonging the pandemic that bit more and helping it spread.

 

Sense of perspective needed.

 

:notsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thomaso said:


Hope that one doesn’t backfire on you....

I wouldn't really care if it did.

 

Though at least it gives a few an excuse to pile on and think they've got some great 1UP on me, if it somehow did. 

 

And if folk still fancy Jason Cummings over Liam Boyce; then in all honesty, they're ****ing idiots or trolls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Thomaso
46 minutes ago, Barack said:

I wouldn't really care if it did.

 

Though at least it gives a few an excuse to pile on and think they've got some great 1UP on me, if it somehow did. 

 

And if folk still fancy Jason Cummings over Liam Boyce; then in all honesty, they're ****ing idiots or trolls.


Who said they wanted Cummings over Boyce? Certainly not me but that little scrote has a history of scoring against us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Right now i wouldny mind a Charlie Adam type player in our team

 

I agree.    A creative midfielder, a leader.   Perhaps not the best at tackling at times, slow and easy to beat.   Just someone that knows how to assert some kind of attacking move.   Obviously better than Adam if possible.  ☺ 

 

Although he's great at feeding long chips into boxes, several times. 

 

Spoiler

71epLYNnu6L._AC_SL1024_.thumb.jpg.a369ec6a6aa42cb0107657d2574b7051.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Good news he's out.  Best player in the league. 

 

Really? I know he ups his game against HMFC (as all players from all teams do) but has been a stand out week in week out for Dundriech? I don't recall him getting mentioned in despatches week in week out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
18 hours ago, john thomas said:

Do you not think 90% of the posts on here deserve a 'dig' ?

 

You're too kind, sir. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
19 hours ago, Barack said:

Never mind. People can tremble with fear instead, at the prospect of facing Jason Cummings once again.

 

Disgusting we've only got Liam Boyce.

Cummings - if he plays - will score against us, it’s a fecking nap!

Link to post
Share on other sites
TexasAndy

Adam lacks fitness but he's still got a great left foot.  Bonus if he's not playing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeffros Furios

He might not have the legs and he's getting on but he has a brilliant football brain ,

He had a great spell when he was at Blackpool and this season he reminds me of the time we had Jim Bett 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
21 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Cummings - if he plays - will score against us, it’s a fecking nap!

I'm not having this. He's utter gash! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
20 hours ago, Thomaso said:


I have never slagged off the pies....

TBF my pies from scotmid for matchdays have been ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

Really? I know he ups his game against HMFC (as all players from all teams do) but has been a stand out week in week out for Dundriech? I don't recall him getting mentioned in despatches week in week out. 

 

😊

 

Dundee FC captured perfectly in one word.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wee Mikey
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

TBF my pies from scotmid for matchdays have been ok.

Scotmid pies are just the dab and I'll tell you what; better than Killie pies! The myth of the Killie pie, or what? Last two away trips to Rugby Park I damn near broke my teeth on rock-hard pastry surrounding the most miserly filling ever, although their Hearts-badged 'Empire Biscuits' were just fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars
16 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

:notsure:

 

My point was that beating Covid is more important than beating Dundee.

 

Seriously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JDK2020
18 hours ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Right now i wouldny mind a Charlie Adam type player in our team

 

Don't expect him to "cover every blade of grass", but overall he would probably contribute more than GMS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Scotmid pies are just the dab and I'll tell you what; better than Killie pies! The myth of the Killie pie, or what? Last two away trips to Rugby Park I damn near broke my teeth on rock-hard pastry surrounding the most miserly filling ever, although their Hearts-badged 'Empire Biscuits' were just fine.

 

Scotmid bring their pies over from a bakery in Fife. They're heaps better than a Killie pie. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

 

My point was that beating Covid is more important than beating Dundee.

 

Seriously.

 

There's a whole thread in the shed dedicated to the Wuhan bug. Perhaps you should visit it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Thomaso
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

TBF my pies from scotmid for matchdays have been ok.


Try Bain’s pies - the best in the universe! 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...