Sobering Stats

This is My Story Podcast

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No I haven’t missed the arguing. But given where we are in the league it’s quite clear we haven’t struggled. 

I’ve just given you the evidence of where we’ve struggled to win games by the odd goal, and also losses and draws. Just because we are top doesn’t mean they’ve not been a struggle. The other teams can barely string two good results together in this tinpot league whose wage bills put together will barely be more than ours. Do you think every time we win a game it can’t also be a struggle? 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Agentjambo

• Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

How very happy clapper? Have you missed the constant arguing about this on an hourly/daily/weekly basis? We’ve struggled in plenty of games. Off the top of my head Arbroath/Pars/Dundee/ICT/Ayr/QoS away from home, Pars/Dundee/Raith/Morton at home. That’s half our fixtures so far. All of those were a struggle to win, draw and losses. I don’t think even Neilson can argue with that. 

Aye, but folk didn't expect us to win every game or win every game by a big score, apparently. 

14 clear is not struggling. 

I’ve just given you the evidence of where we’ve struggled to win games by the odd goal, and also losses and draws. Just because we are top doesn’t mean they’ve not been a struggle. The other teams can barely string two good results together in this tinpot league whose wage bills put together will barely be more than ours. Do you think every time we win a game it can’t also be a struggle? 

Suppose you could turn that around and ask do you think because we only win by the odd goal it was a struggle. Looking at the bigger picture suggests this season hasn’t been a struggle. Unless of course you have an agenda(budge/Robbie haters), no nothing about football or your expectations are unrealistic. I wonder what the reaction would be around here before a ball was kicked and we were all told we would be 15/16 points clear in March. Unless you are one of the budge/Robbie haters who don’t accept anything they do I’d say this place would be pretty upbeat about that league status. 

colinmaroon

We've definitely struggled with a shocking defence and wasteful attack and a goal difference of only + 25!!!

Some of the games since the turn of the year have been a struggle to watch. 

This team is capable of much better performances and is much better than last season imo. 

We will be top six and maybe even higher next season in my view. 

Shooter McGavin

Genuinely worried about the amount of people okay with what we’re seeing on the park, what happens when we get back in the Prem playing like this?

We’ll get battered. 

But aye we’re clear at the top of the Championship so everything is okay 

:facepalm:

colinmaroon
50 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Genuinely worried about the amount of people okay with what we’re seeing on the park, what happens when we get back in the Prem playing like this?

We’ll get battered. 

I despair of the inability of some to see that just because people on this thread are arguing about the reality or otherwise of "stuggling", which the facts at least dispute (+25 goal difference) as the same as being happy about performance as it relates to entertainment, it means they're all "happy clappers."

While arguing against the suggestion of "struggling" it does not mean that they are saying, "everything is okay."

Reality has become so subjective that it's crossed over into a state of intellectual chaos.

Voice of reason
2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

We’ll get battered. 

We won’t get battered! We will probably finish in the top 4. Already shown we are competitive when we played 2nd and 3rd in the incredibly low standard Premiership this season. That’s not taking into account that we will strengthen in the summer. Hibs never won 17 of their 36 matches in the Championship in 2016 and finished 4th their first season up. It’s not a big jump.

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, Dazo said:

Suppose you could turn that around and ask do you think because we only win by the odd goal it was a struggle. Looking at the bigger picture suggests this season hasn’t been a struggle. Unless of course you have an agenda(budge/Robbie haters), no nothing about football or your expectations are unrealistic. I wonder what the reaction would be around here before a ball was kicked and we were all told we would be 15/16 points clear in March. Unless you are one of the budge/Robbie haters who don’t accept anything they do I’d say this place would be pretty upbeat about that league status. 

Struggle was probably the wrong word, the article I’m talking about says there was a perception that we laboured this season, I don’t think it’s a perception I think it’s a fact as those games show. I think with our budget that’s three times bigger than any of the others we should be winning games more easily. The change in formation was great for 65 minutes until the RN became needlessly negative. 

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, but folk didn't expect us to win every game or win every game by a big score, apparently. 

14 clear is not struggling. 

I expect us to win every game we play, totally crazy I know.
The question was that in an article that there was a perception that we had laboured to win games, I think that’s a fact not a perception, being top by 13 points when we’ve played more games doesn’t mean we haven’t laboured in the matches I mentioned. With our budget and squad we should be more dominant than the last four teams to win this league. 

Brighton Jambo
On 12/03/2021 at 01:42, Pasquale for King said:

We have a goal difference of plus 25.  The next best team has a goal difference of plus 8.  You are talking nonsense.  

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

We have a goal difference of plus 25.  The next best team has a goal difference of plus 8.  You are talking nonsense.  

I’ve explained it enough times now. 

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

We’ll get battered. 

Nothing to see here, move along, the Robbie Leveinson show will see us right 😜

Bazzas right boot

I expect us to win every game we play, totally crazy I know.
The question was that in an article that there was a perception that we had laboured to win games, I think that’s a fact not a perception, being top by 13 points when we’ve played more games doesn’t mean we haven’t laboured in the matches I mentioned. With our budget and squad we should be more dominant than the last four teams to win this league. 

We aren't struggling. 

We will however drop points and won't win every game over a league season. If you expected us to win all 27 games then imo the expectations are unreal. 

The recent games I've watched, maybe with the exception of QoS we've dominated imo, created lots, gave away goals generally due to errors and had poor finishing. 

The possession, shots off target, on target and corners without checking will back that up I believe. 

That is subjective tho. 

What isn't, is that we are top by a distance. That suggests being comfortable over the season. 

People keep mentioning the " budget". 

It is now tiresome, the team with the biggest budget and best players should win the league, they shouldn't win every game, football isn't played on a spreadsheet. 

I expect the likes of Dunfermline, Dundee to give us a game the same way I'd expect us to give rangers or Celtic a game. 

If Celtic tanked us 5-0 every game, I wouldn't have the attitude of "oh well, they have 10x the budget" - I'd be pissed off. So would you be. The same logic  applies to us playing the likes Dundee, just in reverse. 

We're top by a distance. 

The budget talk has been done to Death. 

You'll continue to be disappointed/ suprised if you base every game on budget. Football doesn't work like that on a game by game basis. 

Bazzas right boot

Nothing to see here, move along, the Robbie Leveinson show will see us right 😜

Robbie Leveinson..... 

****ing hell, tragic. 

Not angry, just disappointed in you! 

Thought you were better than that shite, but true colours shining through. 

It's not about results, it's personal and there are grown men in our support that actually merge Robbie and CL together and get a kick out of it. 

Another one who is now in a place where Hearts give him no joy, can't celebrate wins, gets proven correct if we have a poor result. 

What a shitty position to be in. 

we should be skating this league ,we should be outplaying all the teams in this league but we are not yes we are scrapping some games and have won games because we are fitter ,a good team i dont think so ,we are that bad the ernie winchester and ruby murray would walk into this team so lets not kid ourselves that we are anywhere near a good team

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, troy said:

we should be skating this league ,we should be outplaying all the teams in this league but we are not yes we are scrapping some games and have won games because we are fitter ,a good team i dont think so ,we are that bad the ernie winchester and ruby murray would walk into this team so lets not kid ourselves that we are anywhere near a good team

Get back to your gardening! 😜

We're the best team in the league, whether that makes a good team I don't know, but it was good enough to kick hibs out of the sc and draw with celtic. They're top 3 in the country, make of that what you will. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We're the best team in the league, whether that makes a good team I don't know, but it was good enough to kick hibs out of the sc and draw with celtic. They're top 3 in the country, make of that what you will. 

if you think we are a good team i sugest you go to spec savers

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, troy said:

if you think we are a good team i sugest you go to spec savers

Why? 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Great deals on at the moment.

😂😂😂

Specs would be as much use to me as a Hearts Season ticket to some on here! 

Fairly obvious that RN has put in place a workman like squad, most of whom would have been turned down flat by JJ. Having watched the training video, I get the distinct impression that there is a clique amongst several players who make it extremely difficult for new players to settle in. Just watch the body language of some of the recent signings.

The Shed Floodlight
28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why? 

Troy doesn't need to spell it out to you. You can count on one hand in each season over last six years how many times we have played well in games, we are dreadful to watch in the majority of matches.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Fairly obvious that RN has put in place a workman like squad, most of whom would have been turned down flat by JJ. Having watched the training video, I get the distinct impression that there is a clique amongst several players who make it extremely difficult for new players to settle in. Just watch the body language of some of the recent signings.

Cheers Sigmund. 😄

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Cheers Sigmund. 😄

How else do you explain the failure of decent players who perform well elsewhere but look like something out of a comedy act when they play for Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

Troy doesn't need to spell it out to you. You can count on one hand in each season over last six years how many times we have played well in games, we are dreadful to watch in the majority of matches.

He does, my eyesight is fine. I don't need to go spec savers. 

If anything, the issue would be how my brain is processing the information brought through via my eyes, spec savers can't help with that. Anyway... 

Last six years..... 

Move on lad. 

We're talking about this season. 

I could count far many more  than 5 as well. Usual sensationalist pish to make a point that you probably have lost sight off. 🤔

KyleLafferty
19 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

How else do you explain the failure of decent players who perform well elsewhere but look like something out of a comedy act when they play for Hearts.

Which players are you talking about? 

11 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Which players are you talking about? 

Frear,Roberts, Kastaneer, White and I hope it doesn’t apply to Gnuanduillet. 

The Shed Floodlight
39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If anything, the issue would be how my brain is processing the information brought through via my eyes, spec savers can't help with that. Anyway... 

Last six years..... 

Move on lad. 

I could count far many more  than 5 as well. Usual sensationalist pish to make a point that you probably have lost sight off. 🤔

You must be easily pleased if you can count more than 5. We will never know if Stendel had worked out or not but Budge should have let him carry on as this was a fresh approach which given a pre season would have worked. Not his fault he was dragged into Leveins mess, and that is why she opts for the easy option to get the Levein protege back,  all eye bleeding stuff and will no doubt end in disaster when we go straight back down next season. It was a disgrace how she got rid of Stendel, totally unprofessional that he found out by social media,  I wish she had shown that urgency on getting rid of Levein. 

glynnlondon
46 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Last six years..... 

Move on lad. 

Sort of pish you've been spouting every year of the past 5

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Struggle was probably the wrong word, the article I’m talking about says there was a perception that we laboured this season, I don’t think it’s a perception I think it’s a fact as those games show. I think with our budget that’s three times bigger than any of the others we should be winning games more easily. The change in formation was great for 65 minutes until the RN became needlessly negative. 

I think laboured is probably about right. In a nutshell we are going to piss this league but we’ll need to step it up a few gears next season. Looking at Robbie’s history with us suggests he’ll make that step up, I think he’s worth the opportunity to see. 

davemclaren
45 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Once I analyse the 5 minute training video and had an hour long session with each player I’ll let you know. 😄

However, I’ sure there are a wide variety of reasons why some players perform well at some clubs as opposed to others. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, glynnlondon said:

Sort of pish you've been spouting every year of the past 5

My eyes are fine. 

There are more than 5 good performances in the past 6 years. 

This thread isn't about the last 6 years. 

No pish being spouted, just them pesky factoids. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

You must be easily pleased if you can count more than 5. We will never know if Stendel had worked out or not but Budge should have let him carry on as this was a fresh approach which given a pre season would have worked. Not his fault he was dragged into Leveins mess, and that is why she opts for the easy option to get the Levein protege back,  all eye bleeding stuff and will no doubt end in disaster when we go straight back down next season. It was a disgrace how she got rid of Stendel, totally unprofessional that he found out by social media,  I wish she had shown that urgency on getting rid of Levein. 

Stendel 

Budge 

Cl

Stendel

Cl

Stendel 

Correct, We will never know. 

I do know what Robbie done with us before and is doing now. 

The rest is just emotional dribble, however best placed it is. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It was also good enough to get kicked out of the League Cup by Alloa Athletic. They're top 22 in the country, make of that what you will.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, FTH said:

It was also good enough to get kicked out of the League Cup by Alloa Athletic. They're top 22 in the country, make of that what you will.

Terrible result, but team from same league knock out another in the cup won't shake the football world to it's core imo. 

Still shite tho. 

At least the Robbie oot Brigade can use that against him for the next few years. 

Can't use the hibs defeat against him now, he reversed that. 

Got to find something to bite on and hold on to I suppose. 

On 12/03/2021 at 01:29, davemclaren said:

No I haven’t missed the arguing. But given where we are in the league it’s quite clear we haven’t struggled. 

Think there's a difference between struggle and our points tally. We are where we are because the rest are not good enough to get much closer and a lot of those points have been a struggle to win. I think that's more to the point. If only one other club could've went on a run and stayed close to us then it could easily have been squeaky-bum time. Thankfully though we have pretty-much done enough to create a big enough gap. As each game disappears towards the end of the season i feel less stressed week by week. That win last week was a massive boost and a big sigh of relief. Today, nothing less than three points is good enough, and it's another pain in the arse game out the way towards our return.

jamtartan74

Bampots out early today 😂 lockdown sending people over the edge it seems, it’s sad to see. Anyway, an easy win today or even a struggled win will do me, all about points on the board.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Think there's a difference between struggle and our points tally. We are where we are because the rest are not good enough to get much closer and a lot of those points have been a struggle to win. I think that's more to the point. If only one other club could've went on a run and stayed close to us then it could easily have been squeaky-bum time. Thankfully though we have pretty-much done enough to create a big enough gap. As each game disappears towards the end of the season i feel less stressed week by week. That win last week was a massive boost and a big sigh of relief. Today, nothing less than three points is good enough, and it's another pain in the arse game out the way towards our return.

IMO, we are clear at the top because we are better than the rest, by a decent amount. 

If, if another club was as Good as us then it might have been tighter, but no other club is. 

Some Folk will say its because the rest are shite, others will say it's because we are better. 

Same result tho. 

Next season time will tell. 

Alsi, a look at how other teams got promoted over the past few seasons shows our performance is above average. 

Agree last part. 

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully we win today, it will not only edge us closer to promotion but will clear the board of the roasters for another few days. 

If that happens, You could almost say about them-

"Ayr today, gone Tommorrow" 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Always be cliques in football squads but genuinely dont think it's an issue for us. We just need to get the job done and rebuild to tackle the top flight.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hopefully we win today, it will not only edge us closer to promotion but will clear the board of the roasters for another few days. 

Lets hope we don't need to contemplate:

"Ayr win today, going to wallow"

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You been saving that???

Lol

A win 1st and foremost and players improving individually will be a bonus.

50 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I think laboured is probably about right. In a nutshell we are going to piss this league but we’ll need to step it up a few gears next season. Looking at Robbie’s history with us suggests he’ll make that step up, I think he’s worth the opportunity to see. 

We definitely do need to step it up but i wouldn't go with Neilson's previous spell. That could be a bit unfair as things were a bit different then. Celtic were so far ahead of anyone, Rangers and Hibs weren't in the Prem, Dundee Utd were nowhere which left Aberdeen finishing where they would expect, directly behind Celtic. Moving on to next season, Celtic will sign a few new players, have a new manager, Rangers 2012 will also add to their squad, i'd expect Hibs to be there or there abouts (unfortunately), Aberdeen will have a new manager (although i'm less worried about them that i might've been seeing as they've gone downhill a bit but still be a threat to us) and i question whether playing the likes of St Johnstone (a team Neilson could barely beat), Hamilton (the ultimate relegation avoiders), Livingston and St Mirren are actually that much different to playing the likes of Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith Rovers. So yes, we do need to step up big-time. Do i think we can do that? I don't know. I'd need some convincing and it all depends on who we sign. They need to be far better than some of the players we currently have but, if we're shopping about in Poundland yet again, we could be replacing like for like as we have been doing for the past five years. I think it is a concern. It's not negative to voice a concern and it shouldn't be me as a fan who has these concerns, it's the powers that be at Tynecastle that need to sit down and have some discussions. If they're happy with mediocre lower to mid-tableness then that's on them.

Edited by jambonian

This season is all about means to an end with promotion but Hell's teeth, they could be entertaining us as well. They have done so in half the games but plodded thru or were outplayed in rest. Last week was different fast paced and direct from start tho struggled in last 15 but massive win. More of the same today please and lads especially GMS let's put those chances away. 

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

We definitely do need to step it up but i wouldn't go with Neilson's previous spell. That could be a bit unfair as things were a bit different then. Celtic were so far ahead of anyone, Rangers and Hibs weren't in the Prem, Dundee Utd were nowhere which left Aberdeen finishing where they would expect, directly behind Celtic. Moving on to next season, Celtic will sign a few new players, have a new manager, Rangers 2012 will also add to their squad, i'd expect Hibs to be there or there abouts (unfortunately), Aberdeen will have a new manager (although i'm less worried about them that i might've been seeing as they've gone downhill a bit but still be a threat to us) and i question whether playing the likes of St Johnstone (a team Neilson could barely beat), Hamilton (the ultimate relegation avoiders), Livingston and St Mirren are actually that much different to playing the likes of Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith Rovers. So yes, we do need to step up big-time. Do i think we can do that? I don't know. I'd need some convincing and it all depends on who we sign. They need to be far better than some of the players we currently have but, if we're shopping about in Poundland yet again, we could be replacing like for like as we have been doing for the past five years. I think it is a concern. It's not negative to voice a concern and it shouldn't be me as a fan who has these concerns, it's the powers that be at Tynecastle that need to sit down and have some discussions. If they're happy with mediocre lower tomid-tableness then that's on them.

Aye all fair enough I just don’t see the doom n gloom a lot of people are forecasting. If we are anywhere near as bad as we were previously in the premiership he will be emptied. 

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

I agree, a lot of players have looked better at previous clubs than hearts. I think the examples you used of Kasteneer, Frear etc aren’t particularly good ones though. The players you mentioned were playing at really poor levels, reserves or not at all. Much has been said on here about the culture in the club, mentality of players signed, lack of leadership and high basic low bonus wage structure. (Not saying all of the things I just mentioned apply to our club but I believe some of them do).  I think we need to give things time to work and new directors and manager/coaches time to improve things though. It’s still early days. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Aye all fair enough I just don’t see the doom n gloom a lot of people are forecasting. If we are anywhere near as bad as we were previously in the premiership he will be emptied. 

Well, it's all if's and but's i suppose but after the last few years and the quality of some of the signings we've had to put up with you can hardly blame them. The quality has to improve a hell of a lot. Whether that's with Neilson or anyone else is anyone's guess long-term. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Lets hope we don't need to contemplate:

"Ayr win today, going to wallow"

👍😂

26 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You been saving that???

Lol

A win 1st and foremost and players improving individually will be a bonus.

Sometimes the stars just align up and it's right thier in front of you!