NYPD:Biggest Gang In New York?

Tazio

Documentary on iPlayer just now about the behaviour of the police in New York City. Filmed in 2016 and the movement of people that have started filming the way police act when arresting people.
In the first few minutes there are scenes that just make no sense when you watch them happening. A man killed by a chokehold, a man grabbed and violently arrested by 10 cops for throwing a cigarette on the ground, a 6 month pregnant woman thrown onto her stomach and then knelt on and then the woman who goes to help her thrown to the ground and breaking her kneecap. Yes there are still some seriously dodgy areas in NYC but these have mostly been incidents that were handled so heavy handedly it beggars belief. 80% of people stopped and searched are black or Hispanic. 
Worth watching to see the way they operate, it’s almost like the days of the LAPD when Daryl Gates was running the show and ran the police almost like a paramilitary operation. Which of course ended up with Rodney King and the LA riots. 

Thanks for the heads up, I'll watch this. 

I watched a bit of a program about the mafia and the NYPD was so corrupt you wouldn't believe it. 

I'd be interested to know the breakdown of crimes committed per race. 

36 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Documentary on iPlayer just now about the behaviour of the police in New York City. Filmed in 2016 and the movement of people that have started filming the way police act when arresting people.
In the first few minutes there are scenes that just make no sense when you watch them happening. A man killed by a chokehold, a man grabbed and violently arrested by 10 cops for throwing a cigarette on the ground, a 6 month pregnant woman thrown onto her stomach and then knelt on and then the woman who goes to help her thrown to the ground and breaking her kneecap. Yes there are still some seriously dodgy areas in NYC but these have mostly been incidents that were handled so heavy handedly it beggars belief. 80% of people stopped and searched are black or Hispanic. 
Worth watching to see the way they operate, it’s almost like the days of the LAPD when Daryl Gates was running the show and ran the police almost like a paramilitary operation. Which of course ended up with Rodney King and the LA riots. 

Title?

I'd be interested in giving this a watch, but the videos of American Police being so utterly ridiculous, inept, abusive and aggressive give me the seethe.  Might have to watch it in small bursts :lol:

willie wallace
2 hours ago, One five said:

I know who the hardest gang are 

CEFA19A2-C68B-4511-A372-62A7E642F050.jpeg

I was in New York about 18 months ago and went to Coney Island.

Still a couple of graffiti signs around. Not sure if original but look pretty old.

Also a  memorabilia store.

18 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I was in New York about 18 months ago and went to Coney Island.

Still a couple of graffiti signs around. Not sure if original but look pretty old.

Also a  memorabilia store.

I remember going to see the movie when I was young,  I went out and got the album as soon as I could thought it was great at the time but it may be a bit dated now , might see if I can get it on my fire stick  👍

Cheers, will check this out.

On a related note, The Seven Five, about NYPD cops robbing drug dealers and selling coke (among other things), is well worth watching. 

The police system is yet another thing in the States that needs completely overhauled. It genuinely perplexes me that a country that has it wrong in so many ways can be such a global influence. Other than their steadfast adherence to freedom of speech, I'm struggling to think of a single thing I admire about the country. Surely there must be something they do that's right? 

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Cheers, will check this out.

On a related note, The Seven Five, about NYPD cops robbing drug dealers and selling coke (among other things), is well worth watching. 

The amount of docus surfacing across various platforms about corrupt US police from 30-40 years ago, is incredible. All sorts of different scenarios and crimes.

I’ve recently watched Trial 4, (The Seven Five I watched a couple of years back),  The Keepers(which was mostly about church scandal as well as police)and The Pharmacist.  

Trial 4 burst many peoples bubbles. Gill Hill (chief in Beverley Hills Cop) was the Inspector of Detroit in real life. I won’t give anything away but it’s an eye opener what goes on. 

1 hour ago, Norm said:

The police system is yet another thing in the States that needs completely overhauled. It genuinely perplexes me that a country that has it wrong in so many ways can be such a global influence. Other than their steadfast adherence to freedom of speech, I'm struggling to think of a single thing I admire about the country. Surely there must be something they do that's right? 

As you know, the US is so vast. It must’ve been easy for local area corrupt police to operate without any higher organisation keeping close tabs on conduct, especially if high ranking officers got involved in the corruption.

Like I posted above, every month there seems to be a new documentary about the US police from decades past. All sorts of shite they got up to. 

It mustn’t be ignored that there’s a hell of a lot of good law enforcement employees too in the US. Many are interviewed in these documentaries and talk of the struggles to overcome the corruption to bring justice. 

19 hours ago, Tazio said:

What channel on Iplayer?

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

The amount of docus surfacing across various platforms about corrupt US police from 30-40 years ago, is incredible. All sorts of different scenarios and crimes.

I’ve recently watched Trial 4, (The Seven Five I watched a couple of years back),  The Keepers(which was mostly about church scandal as well as police)and The Pharmacist.  

Trial 4 burst many peoples bubbles. Gill Hill (chief in Beverley Hills Cop) was the Inspector of Detroit in real life. I won’t give anything away but it’s an eye opener what goes on. 

Trial 4 was an excellent doc about an appalling case.

I was in New York December 2019 and was amazed at the sight of some of the police over weight , old, looked like they could be taken down if you had a fight with them. They carry guns though and I don’t think they would hesitate or take the shite our police do in the UK . 

I will have a look for the program tomorrow evening sounds interesting. 

9 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I was in New York December 2019 and was amazed at the sight of some of the police over weight , old, looked like they could be taken down if you had a fight with them. They carry guns though and I don’t think they would hesitate or take the shite our police do in the UK . 

I will have a look for the program tomorrow evening sounds interesting. 

I thought the same thing about the NYPD. The majority seem to be unfit for police work and I am sure I have read that their training is surprisingly short given the environment they work in and the fact they have guns. The police here get a lot of criticism but they genuinely look like a professional organisation and generally appear to maintain a balance between being effective but also being reasonable and fair. Plus, they let me off when they pulled me over for speeding once...

On 23/02/2021 at 02:00, Tazio said:

I’m sure you can work it out 😀

Actually what IS the title?

I dont pay for Boris's mouthpiece broacasting corporation so I cant log into iPlayer without giving them my details.

But I can see if its on the Docs section of my hooky IPTV box.

EDIT: Same as the thread title right :facepalm:

Edited by Pans Jambo