Robbie wants to keep Ross Stewart

Bunny Munro

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He seems decent enough back up. Not really someone that's going to keep Gordon on his toes though I'd imagine. 

Priorities.

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How exciting

Exactly, boring Neilson.  With someone like Carlos Corberan we could've got el shat on loan instead.

Which would definitely be exciting.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Exactly, boring Neilson.  With someone like Carlos Corberan we could've got el shat on loan instead.

you’ll have googled Corberan about five minutes ago

10 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Great that you’ve even heard of him.  👍

Finger on the pulse.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

you’ll have googled Corberan about five minutes ago

Nope, didn't even look him up at all!  Gleamed everything I need to know about him from the other thread. 

You have such high ambitions for the great man that you think he'll be sailing high from his English Championship success to take over here after you (presumably) think Neilson will have us in the bottom half of the top division.  Or worse.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Great that you’ve even heard of him.  👍

Finger on the pulse.

Not at all.  Just gaining snippets of information from the beacon of negativity that is dusk til dawn.

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

Not at all.  Just gaining snippets of information from the beacon of negativity that is dusk til dawn.

Cool.  👍

23 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How exciting

Dear Press,

Please don't print any stories about Hearts signings unless they are "exciting," because no one is interested.

Yours depressingly

Saddo

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Only 25. 

Thanks, as Gordon gets older injuries would take longer to heal if he was to get any , it’s good to have a good 2nd keeper in the squad .

ooh-aah-cantona

A signing that makes sense given our high hopes for Harry Stone.

Sign Stewart for 2-3 years and by the end of it he should hopefully be 3rd choice behind Stone and Gordon. 

Happy enough with that. Need 3 keepers in reality so Gordon, Stewart, Stone.

Its a big improvement in that department (albeit that's from the little we've seen of Stewart and just reports on Stone right enough)

Sensible business in the department that should be sensible but hasn't been since McLaughlin!

59 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Strange turn of events.

Thought players that don't play are world beaters on here.

Do you ever post anything ever that doesn’t even slightly rip this forum? 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Do you ever post anything ever that doesn’t even slightly rip this forum? 

Do you ever post anything that doesn't even slightly rip the club ?

Decent back-up. Strange that he is apparently FOURTH choice at Livingston. They must have some keepers like!

And what does it say about the quality of Doyle, Zlamal & Pereira? 

Next thing to sort out is the central defensive duo.

Perhaps no position more than goalkeeper sums up how shambolic Levein's tenure as head coach/ DoF was.

3 senior players signed for the position, Pereira, Zlamal and Doyle and none of them good enough.

15 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Perhaps no position more than goalkeeper sums up how shambolic Levein's tenure as head coach/ DoF was.

3 senior players signed for the position, Pereira, Zlamal and Doyle and none of them good enough.

Yet there was a better GK in Ross Stewart, who was less than 20 miles along the road and was heading to QOS on loan last season 🤦🏻‍♂️

We go for JP at probably close to ten times the projected cost and with ten times less the shot stopping ability.

30 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yet there was a better GK in Ross Stewart, who was less than 20 miles along the road and was heading to QOS on loan last season 🤦🏻‍♂️

We go for JP at probably close to ten times the projected cost and with ten times less the shot stopping ability.

Infinitely times less the shot stopping ability. 

13 hours ago, One five said:

What age is he ?

not that old 24/25 I think 

Gordon 

Stewart 

Stone 

So much better than 

Bobby 

Doyle 

Poppadom Hands 

I've said all along that I wouldn't mind getting him on a permanent deal as long as he's happy being 2nd choice behind Gordon and possibly helping out with the development of Harry Stone.

Would like to see Stone get some playing time if possible and I wonder if the plan is for him to take over from Gordon when he retires or if there'll some kind of stop gap - possibly Stewart - in between. 

24 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Can people stop bringing up Joel Pereira? 

Name gives me PTSD.

Best post I’ve seen on here in a long time!! Gave me a laugh! 👏😂👏😂👍 (and so true!!)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 hours ago, WageThief said:

Carlos to be fair, once was enough for him, Stendel played him on and on.

Corberan would be the steal of the century for a club like Hearts, in training for  Bielsa retirement 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gordon being who he is doesn't require competition, no point overspending on the job keeper. 

Wise move, particularly with Stone to emerge with a fair wind 

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Gordon being who he is doesn't require competition, no point overspending on the job keeper. 

Gordon will probably rupture his Achilles next week now. 🥴

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Emergency loan  :lol:

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Wash your mouth out.....🤪

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Agree with this. Happy to see him signed as back-up.

But confused that people have been able to come to a firm judgement that he is better than Zlamal (cheaper I'd hope) or that it shows how bad our recruitment was last year that he was available all this time. He has played the sum total of 2 games for us, against Raith and East Fife in the league cup. In those games he faced 6 shots on target. 3 were goals, while one of the others was him failing to do more with a shot from range than leave it on a plate for a tap in on the follow-up. Definitely at fault for that goal. The Raith goal was a good finish but did beat him at his near post. 50/50 as to whether he was to blame. The second East Fife goal was a good through ball and poor defending, but the attacker ran in on goal from the edge of the box and was able to finish without Stewart leaving his 6 yard box, which didn't look clever. Of the other two saves, one was a long range trundle against Raith and the other didn't make the highlights.

I'm happy enough to accept the judgement of the management that he is good value for money as a back-up, but some of the responses shoe the absurdity of how quickly our fans rush to judgement on scant evidence. Stewart a success story after 2 games; GMS and Kastaneer failures after a handful of games. Its bizarre. I'd say it shows how much whether we win, draw or lose games shapes our judgement of individual players in their early games.

Edited by Saint Jambo

On a scale of JKB moanability, this is a disappointing 3/10 score IMO. He gets a 3 as he's still only a reserve keeper and has not had the opportunity to prove how shit he really is so I'm hedging my bets. This also means I don't go straight to the Robbie oot thread as a result. 

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

not that old 24/25 I think 

Gordon 

Stewart 

Stone 

So much better than 

Bobby 

Doyle 

Poppadom Hands 

Indeed mate👌

15 hours ago, One five said:

Thanks, as Gordon gets older injuries would take longer to heal if he was to get any , it’s good to have a good 2nd keeper in the squad .

Very true and at 25 Stewart has his best years in front of him particularly as a Goalkeeper who tend to improve with age unlike a lot of outfield players.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Very true and at 25 Stewart has his best years in front of him particularly as a Goalkeeper who tend to improve with age unlike a lot of outfield players.

Exactly mate , goalkeepers sorted now the defensive players 🙄

1 minute ago, One five said:

Exactly mate , goalkeepers sorted now the defensive players 🙄

Based on our last few games we need more than defensive players😍

WheatfieldWarrior
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think we need another 3 or 4 wingers.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Very true 4 at the back and the rest all wingers 🥴