Savage

Last Laff

Now I'm genuinely not starting this thread to be negative at all BUT everyone seems to have a lot of faith in this guy to do the right thing, to ask questions of Robbie, to do this or that.

Where does the confidence come from exactly?   I don't see much at all which makes me think I have loads of faith unless it's just blind?

Thoughts? 

alwaysthereinspirit

Just to get this straight.

You’re not starting this thread to be negative. Correct?

The guys been in the job about 6 weeks.

I’m calling BS.

It's early days - you're right - but Savage has a decent track record for uneathing decent players for Alex Neil when they were both at Hamilton, Norwich and Preston.  That puts his CV well above that of John Murray at Hearts.   In addtion, he seems to have made many useful contacts in the game down south.         If McEneff is anything to go by, it would appear he does indeed have an eye for a player.   

Let's not expect miracles, but his record suggests he'll be a upgrade on whatever scouting ability we previously had.

3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Just to get this straight.

You’re not starting this thread to be negative. Correct?

The guys been in the job about 6 weeks.

I’m calling BS.

No, I'm asking where the blind faith comes from?  

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Now I'm genuinely not starting this thread to be negative at all BUT everyone seems to have a lot of faith in this guy to do the right thing, to ask questions of Robbie, to do this or that.

Where does the confidence come from exactly?   I don't see much at all which makes me think I have loads of faith unless it's just blind?

Thoughts? 

🤪😬🤢🤯🥸🤮🥶

"Ask questions of Robbie....."

😂🤣😅😆😁😄😃😀

Just now, Last Laff said:

It's not blind faith.  See my post above.

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

It's early days - you're right - but Savage has a decent track record for uneathing decent players for Alex Neil when they were both at Hamilton, Norwich and Preston.  That puts his CV well above that of John Murray at Hearts.   In addtion, he seems to have made many useful contacts in the game down south.         If McEneff is anything to go by, it would appear he does indeed have an eye for a player.   

Let's not expect miracles, but his record suggests he'll be a upgrade on whatever scouting ability we previously had.

Scouting, it couldn't be any worse.  I just don't see why Savage is this messiah, blind faith has gotten us in this utter mess in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

But it isn't blind faith if the guy  has a good record, is it?

Just now, GavK1012 said:

🤪😬🤢🤯🥸🤮🥶

"Ask questions of Robbie....."

😂🤣😅😆😁😄😃😀

Yes, I read that on the Robbie out thread.  Now Savage is here he will see and ask questions of Robbie.  

Why?  Is that his job?  does anyone know?  

The Alex Neil point is decent because I think he's a brilliant coach. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Scouting, it couldn't be any worse.  I just don't see why Savage is this messiah, blind faith has gotten us in this utter mess in the first place. 

OK. I'm out.

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

But it isn't blind faith if the guy  has a good record, is it?

At what?  Preston are sitting nearer the bottom than the top and the chairman of Preston didn't trust him, that's why he left.

It is blind faith.  It's just mental behavior when we should be apprehensive of every appointment because most are wrong.  Even the ****ing stadium development choice. 

At what?  Preston are sitting nearer the bottom than the top and the chairman of Preston didn't trust him, that's why he left.

It is blind faith.  It's just mental behavior when we should be apprehensive of every appointment because most are wrong.  Even the ****ing stadium development choice. 

Blind faith would be if they appointed you.

This guy "didn't start the thread to be negative".

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Blind faith I believe is based on No proof and hoping something will change.

Savage has a history. So it’s more Faith and Hope. Certainly not blind by any Hearts fan.

You on the other hand.....

12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Alex Neil for new manager when he's sacked from Preston anyone?

Blackford Hearts
15 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

It's early days - you're right - but Savage has a decent track record for unearthing decent players for Alex Neil when they were both at Hamilton, Norwich and Preston.  That puts his CV well above that of John Murray at Hearts.   In addition, he seems to have made many useful contacts in the game down south.    If McEneff is anything to go by, it would appear he does indeed have an eye for a player.   

Has he left?

13 minutes ago, WageThief said:

This guy "didn't start the thread to be negative".

I didn't.  I asked why the blind faith.  Any answers considering as a support we kind of give all kind of muppets the benefit of the doubt.  Now Savage is the savior based on what? 

I'm assuming that's why all signings must be a joint collaboration...so that when the axe swings it's the manager and not the sporting director?

Perfectly happy with Savage but it is worthy of discussion...when is a sporting directors job on a shoogly peg...or is it ever?

12 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Blind faith I believe is based on No proof and hoping something will change.

Savage has a history. So it’s more Faith and Hope. Certainly not blind by any Hearts fan.

You on the other hand.....

So it's faith, blindly then. :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He's not, but he is a very naughty boy.

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

So it's faith, blindly then. :lol: 

As we understand his background and experience,  has done a similar role before and  was touted for SD jobs in England previously then I don’t see it as blind faith. Have some faith man. 

kingantti1874

what job do you do ? And how did you get it?

Presumably you’ve got the right experience and / or a good reputation.

Mceneff had a good game yesterday till he ran out of steam. Understandable given he had played since December, and Gnando also did very well when he came on

how About we give the guy a chance instead of trying to throw the baby out with the bath water every ****ing time

Looked on the Hearts website went through all the names came to Savage and thought he'll do, no ones started a not to be negative but... type post yet on him. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

what job do you do ? And how did you get it?

Presumably you’ve got the right experience and / or a good reputation.

Mceneff had a good game yesterday till he ran out of steam. Understandable given he had played since December, and Gnando also did very well when he came on

how About we give the guy a chance instead of trying to throw the baby out with the bath water every ****ing time

I am 100% willing to give the boy a chance.

That's not the question though, thread after thread "now we have Savage"  based on what?  Did he sanction the signings of all the January signings or just the good one? 

13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I didn't.  I asked why the blind faith.  Any answers considering as a support we kind of give all kind of muppets the benefit of the doubt.  Now Savage is the savior based on what? 

It's based on blind faith, isn't it?  

If this thread isn't about you attempting to be negative, are you just attempting to redefine blind faith?  

Or is it a convoluted way for you to learn the correct definition?

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I am 100% willing to give the boy a chance.

That's not the question though, thread after thread "now we have Savage"  based on what?  Did he sanction the signings of all the January signings or just the good one? 

based on his experience, CV presumably and his interview presumably .  At our level not every signing will be a good one and that’s just a fact

Edited by kingantti1874

Jeffros Furios

Savage will tell Ann  that its pointless bringing in new players if the Levein Clone in the dugout remains .

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So Joe Savage was supposed to end 5 years of shite in 1 transfer window?🤣🤣

Have faith. 👨🏻‍🦯

Isn’t Joe Savage supposed to work alongside with Neilson. Whereas, Neilson is supposed to be monitored by McKinlay and Budge. That’s what I thought anyway. 

38 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So Joe Savage was supposed to end 5 years of shite in 1 transfer window?🤣🤣

Who said that ? 🤣🤣

39 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Isn’t Joe Savage supposed to work alongside with Neilson. Whereas, Neilson is supposed to be monitored by McKinlay and Budge. That’s what I thought anyway. 

Don’t know about McKinlay but Robbie is the same level as Savage.