Bad News Generally Follows Good News

Italian Lambretta

Italian Lambretta

Now I don't usually post rumours on KB or any anywhere else, but I thought I would share this with you.

A friend of mine who works in planning with Edinburgh City Council told me that HMFC have been asked/Instructed to contribute a sizeable amount to the Tram scheme as a financial incentive for allowing the go ahead for the Stadium plans.

Even though the Fecking tram network doesn't pass anywhere near Tynie doesn't seem to matter with those roques at the council.

Don't know any more than that, but its defo part of the deal.:mad:

Didn't want to trawl through pages of other stuff, so If its already mentioned then I apologies for bringing it up again.

Now I don't usually post rumours on KB or any anywhere else, but I thought I would share this with you.

A friend of mine who works in planning with Edinburgh City Council told me that HMFC have been asked/Instructed to contribute a sizeable amount to the Tram scheme as a financial incentive for allowing the go ahead for the Stadium plans.

Even though the Fecking tram network doesn't pass anywhere near Tynie doesn't seem to matter with those roques at the council.

Didn't want to trawl through pages of other stuff, so If its already mentioned then I apologies for bringing it up again.

It has already been mentioned, but there has not, as I recall, been any evidence that this is actually the case. Really the trams will run much nearer the wee teams patch so surley their contribution would need to be far greater.

Spellczech

That would be blackmail so I doubt it is true. Plus when you consider that businesses which are losing business during the building project are getting money from the council why would the Council be trying to extort businesses which are not particularly near the route? I'd be flabbergasted if there is any truth in this.

Walter Bishop

Is tha not Blackmail??? :hobofish::hobofish:

P.s. away and try and claim your money back for your flights to Sweden!!

Your are correct. However I do not see it as bad news as such.

Hearts are being taken for a ride (not a tram ride though).

I posted this earlier in the year and I believe the figure was

?600k but from what your saying it seems a fair bit more.

I haven't recieved a text from anyone...............however I am confident that's utter pesh

ToadKiller Dog

Yeah have heard this its out in the public so maybe thew hobosman could do its job for once and ask the coiuncil if this is true ,will hold my breath on this.

In fact why dont some Edinburgh residents go to there next councilors surgery and ask them,demand an answer?.

Maybe Vlad should say yes ubig will become an investor in the trams but demand some return interms of ownership or profits.

Italian Lambretta

Check the replies above.

No need to apologies :mad:

Is tha not Blackmail??? :hobofish::hobofish:

P.s. away and try and claim your money back for your flights to Sweden!!

The proposed tram stop at Murrayfield Stadium will be accesible from Westfield Avenue, so it is only a short walk from here up the lane by Sainsbury's and to the stadium.

We'll get a mention on the platform: "Alight here for Tynecastle". And it will cost us around ?500k. Most other big businesses along the tram route wanting to (re)develop are in the same boat.

The rest of Edinburgh is being screwed to accomodate the trams so Hearts will be no different.

Don't think this is any problem.

Ogi fae Gorgie

Does this mean the same for folk down Leith? Well sorry Hawkhill. Are they to contribute as well?

This kind of horse trading always goes on with infrastructure programmes - the begging bowl from the local authority is passed around to anyone near the route with a bit of cash.

Its quite often the case that planning will attach a condition that some sort of payment or ancillary work is done

For example, when a new Asda is passed there might be a condition that the road system nearby is upgraded at cost to Asda

The Waterfront flats, SRU, RBS and many others have all had to make contributions to the build - I dont think Hearts are any different

Not bad news really, just the way of the world

Does this mean the same for folk down Leith? Well sorry Hawkhill. Are they to contribute as well?

In the highly unlikely event that our wee neightbours from Leef decide to build a new East Stand, I have no doubt that they too will be asked to contribute to "better transport links" to their development.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

The same happened when they wanted to extend the Gyle shopping Centre

They had to stump up for the alterations to the gogarburn roundabout

Seymour M Hersh
This kind of horse trading always goes on with infrastructure programmes - the begging bowl from the local authority is passed around to anyone near the route with a bit of cash.

Its quite often the case that planning will attach a condition that some sort of payment or ancillary work is done

For example, when a new Asda is passed there might be a condition that the road system nearby is upgraded at cost to Asda

The Waterfront flats, SRU, RBS and many others have all had to make contributions to the build - I dont think Hearts are any different

Not bad news really, just the way of the world

But they all impact the area directly. I can't see how the new stand does that.

This farce that is our tram system will several hundred yards from Tynie and could hardly be said to be servicing the ground, Muddyfield yes but Tynie?.

If a supermarket are building a new giant store then I can see the reasoning behind them paying for improved infrastructure.

As with the RBS HQ at Gogar but to suggest it's just the way of the world?

Sounds awfully like bribery to me.

Ibrahim Tall

We're being "asked" to make a donation to help speed the paper work up?

That almost sounds like the councils corrupt, shurely shome mishtake. :rolleyes:

Winston Ingram

Swings and roundabouts. The council will argue that adequate transport provision must be made for increased capacity... Hearts had initially planned to stick a car park under the new stand, but this would cost fortunes, so likely a better bet is to contribute to the tram stop and keep everyone happy.

Afraid its standard fair from the Council Planning Dept to "request a contribuition" for upgrading of the public services in the vicinity of development works in order for it to get passed. Generally if you dont pay, you dont get to build. They do it all the time. The Leithiopians will be asked for sometihng similar should they carry out any building work requiring planning permission. As for the amount, it generally depends on the amount and type of work thats being carried out. As the new stand will increase capacity, it will also increase the demand on public services i.e. roads, transport etc and this is why the cooncil will be asking for some funding towards upgrading thier facilities. They see it as, we'll let you do this if you'll subsidise the transport links to your area which will be required to accommodate the additional volume you're bringing in.

Ultimately its a bribe/blackmail and there's nothing you can do about it. No cash no build.

But they all impact the area directly. I can't see how the new stand does that.

This farce that is our tram system will several hundred yards from Tynie and could hardly be said to be servicing the ground, Muddyfield yes but Tynie?.

If a supermarket are building a new giant store then I can see the reasoning behind them paying for improved infrastructure.

As with the RBS HQ at Gogar but to suggest it's just the way of the world?

Sounds awfully like bribery to me.

Not defending it.

Bribery / the way of the world / whatever

The local authority will try and fleece any major business anywhere near the tram route to get as much private funding as possible

I do doubt that there is some sort of scenario here that says if you want to get planning permission for the stand you need to cross our palms with silver first, but if any "independent" expert has said the new development will increase transport requirements in the area and a percentage of that will travel to the new development on the trams then I can see a condition of planning being that Hearts contribute a proportion of the cost of construction.

Maybe bribery is the way of the world??

Afraid its standard fair from the Council Planning Dept to "request a contribuition" for upgrading of the public services in the vicinity of development works in order for it to get passed. Generally if you dont pay, you dont get to build. They do it all the time. The Leithiopians will be asked for sometihng similar should they carry out any building work requiring planning permission. As for the amount, it generally depends on the amount and type of work thats being carried out. As the new stand will increase capacity, it will also increase the demand on public services i.e. roads, transport etc and this is why the cooncil will be asking for some funding towards upgrading thier facilities. They see it as, we'll let you do this if you'll subsidise the transport links to your area which will be required to accommodate the additional volume you're bringing in.

Ultimately its a bribe/blackmail and there's nothing you can do about it. No cash no build.

....you could say, just the way of the world....:cool:

Its called planning gain i believe, nothing out of the ordinary.

For the Waverley Line, planning gain in the Borders is running at ?1700 per house built.

For Edinburgh's new disgrace of the tram line, the Haymarket development is supposedly providing ?4m.

The Council are having to cut services, sell assets, impose more and more charges, because they have sole responsibility for the coming cost overruns on the tram line. No surprise that they will try to screw every penny out of anyone who proposes to build anything in Edinburgh to pay for it.

As far as i'm aware anyone asking for planning permission under the Edinburgh Authorities are being asked to pay a premium towards the tram works.

Archived