• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Independence

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• A_A wehatethehibs

Not convinced with JW at all as 3 good games in a row hardly constitutes someone who can be relied upon to take us to where we belong which in reality is best of the rest.

So frustratingly inconsistent and barely visible in many of the bigger fixtures. That said if he continues in this rich vein of form and makes me eat my words then I’ll be a happy man.

keep it up Jamie.

Governor Tarkin
14 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Rather him in starting 11 than Naismith 

Totally agree.

13 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

His peak years are ahead of him. 

I think so.

13 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Whether he kicks on from there is up to him. 

This is the frustrating thing with Walker. Although some of the doubts about his attitude are definitely justified, I do think that he has been genuinely unlucky with injuries, the timing of dips in form, and some of the coaching and advice that he's recieved over the years.

The ball's in his court now though.

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Certainly changed my mind over the last few games. Seems to have something about him just now.

Being a long time admirer of JW, it pains me to say this is regularly said about him a lot more now. Wee spurts of games here and there but too many either side of good spells posted missing. 

What is consistency? 7 or 8 out of 10 games by at least having a presence? 

You can’t be blinding all the time, but at least have some effect on those games your strengths aren’t as influential. For too long we’ve lacked players who still dig in when they can’t impose their technical game. For me, that’s when JW’s head goes down and he loses interest.  

Thing is, when he’s in the mood you do see him track back and try to make tackles but it’s all part of those wee 2,3 game spells when he’s playing well.

Not when he’s rarely involved and it’s an indication he’s still doing his bit of “dirty work”.   

14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Superb JW.  I have been a critic but only wanted him to be consistent. Looks like he is now and his contribution this season has been huge in certain games.

keep it up , love it when he turns up. Great game tonight

Spot on. I have also criticised him and was raging at his performance when Alloa knocked us out the cup but the last few games has showed us what he can do when he turns up. We desperately need him to want to play like that every game and not go missing for large chunks of a season. Long may it continue.

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Maybe he's just getting properly fit, also at 27 he should be reaching his peak. 

Robbie hinted last week after the Dunfermline game that he was only able to play around 20-25 minutes due to recovering from injury. 

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Robbie hinted last week after the Dunfermline game that he was only able to play around 20-25 minutes due to recovering from injury. 

Reminds me about of a football podcast I was listening to when they were talking about Gareth Bale at Spurs. He has not really had much game time since he went on loan, but needs a run of game to get up to speed. However with pressure on Spurs to perform then he cant get that run of games to build that up. Jamie is a player like that, when he is up to speed he can be really good, but he needs that time to get to that. I see the same with GMS at the moment who is needing a run to get up to speed.

The Treasurer
54 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Reminds me about of a football podcast I was listening to when they were talking about Gareth Bale at Spurs. He has not really had much game time since he went on loan, but needs a run of game to get up to speed. However with pressure on Spurs to perform then he cant get that run of games to build that up. Jamie is a player like that, when he is up to speed he can be really good, but he needs that time to get to that. I see the same with GMS at the moment who is needing a run to get up to speed.

Agree with all of this 

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A confidence player. 3 games in a row playing well will hopefully do wonders for him. Best player in the league on form.

maybe 5 years ago aye. Will take far more than 3 good games to be calling him best player in the team never mind league 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, R1874 said:

maybe 5 years ago aye. Will take far more than 3 good games to be calling him best player in the team never mind league 

On form there's no one else like him in our team or anyone else in this league.

Jambof3tornado

A player that frustrstes the hell out of me. Absolutely brilliant at times and the laziest git ever at other times. I do think he has matured during his time away and can be a major asset to us both in the championship and top flight.

Can do nothing all game then pop up with a belter of a goal. Should be a double figure scorer every season.

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

A player that frustrstes the hell out of me. Absolutely brilliant at times and the laziest git ever at other times. I do think he has matured during his time away and can be a major asset to us both in the championship and top flight.

Can do nothing all game then pop up with a belter of a goal. Should be a double figure scorer every season.

Yeah i agree.

if im honest i spend most of my time hating Walker for a chicken hearted attitude and lack of work rate.

He also downed tools the last year of his previous contract which irks me.

He has shown the quality everyone knows he has but the issue is always application and work rate, if he does that then we have a player.

Edited by Jamboelite

23 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Another player ripped to bits for no good reason. 

He'll continue to contribute this season. 

Well done lad. 

Well not really, he deserved to be ripped for some of his performances which were lazy and lacking in effort.

Saying that he has all the ability in the world and his last 3 performances have been excellent. Hope he keeps it up as I’ve always had a soft spot for Jamie.

The Old Tolbooth
8 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Yeah i agree.

if im honest i spend most of my time hating Walker for a chicken hearted attitude and lack of work rate.

He has shown the quality everyone knows he has but the issue is always application and work rate, if he does that then we have a player.

I totally agree with everything you say there 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Well not really, he deserved to be ripped for some of his performances which were lazy and lacking in effort.

Saying that he has all the ability in the world and his last 3 performances have been excellent. Hope he keeps it up as I’ve always had a soft spot for Jamie.

No one deserves to be ripped tbh.

If doing a job poorly, generally being helpful and supporting is best. Not many motivation courses or HR course or leadership course will say that employee's  deserves to be ripped for having a poor spell. Basic stuff tbh.

Being " ripped", especially by your own supporters in any form will no way be helpful. 

His laziness is a myth, and likely monitored by Hearts via computer if it was an issue, but it's not an issue and Robbie knows it, as he knows him.

He has his limits, like every Hearts player now, in the the past and in the future but he was not as bad as many made out on here, never has been.

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If doing a job poorly, generally being helpful and supporting is best. Not many motivation courses or HR course or leadership course will say that employee's  deserves to be ripped for having a poor spell. Basic stuff tbh.

Being " ripped", especially by your own supporters in any form will no way be helpful. 

His laziness is a myth, and likely monitored by Hearts via computer if it was an issue, but it's not an issue and Robbie knows it, as he knows him.

He has his limits, like every Hearts player now, in the the past and in the future but he was not as bad as many made out on here, never has been.

Spot on. Common sense.

Jambof3tornado
10 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Yeah i agree.

Totally agree. I'm maybe overly harsh on him because so many others give him an easy time because he's "one of our own". I feel at times he's a wasted talent that will regret not pushing on career wise but we may still see the best years of his career with us if he continues to knuckle down. Always felt Jamie needed real competition for his place in the starting 11 to maintain his focus.

thecarnbeejambo

hopefully he realises this may well be last chance saloon for him to prove he is a top player. still plenty of time to leave his mark on scottish football. seen over the years what he is capable of..i have been a critic of his play but would love to see him play a pivotal role in getting us back challenging in the premier league.

Jamie's only problem is that a lot around him don't have same football nous as he has and he gets frustrated, for example pope scu coming over top of him when he would have scored at Ayr.

First name on team sheet for me at moment.

20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Did he deserve to be “ripped” when he went in the huff when a move to Rangers fell through?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Thomaso said:

Did he deserve to be “ripped” when he went in the huff when a move to Rangers fell through?

Didn't know he had a move to rangers organised Tbh, maybe rumours on here? 

Unsure if ripped is correct but any Hearts player not 100% in it for us should be dropped and not played, more so if they sign for another club, especially celtic or rangers. 

Pretty irrelevant in the context of ripping a player for being lazy or shite tho. 

Diadora Van Basten

I find Walker to be either a 8 out of 10 player or a 4 out of 10 player. Thankfully the last few weeks he has been the former.

On 07/02/2021 at 18:59, Lfhearts said:

Jamie's only problem is that a lot around him don't have same football nous as he has and he gets frustrated, for example pope scu coming over top of him when he would have scored at Ayr.

First name on team sheet for me at moment.

I like JW too, a good lad. But he's hardly Gary Mcallister or Kenny Dalglish in their Scotland days. 

On 07/02/2021 at 23:08, Thomaso said:

He did. I remember him sitting on the pitch putting in no effort whatsoever. But im glad he's here and he's giving his all. Grass isn't always greener, and I think he knows he's lucky to be back at Hearts. 

He's doing well. I'm really pleased to see him looking just generally busier in games, like he's looking to get on the ball and try and make things happen. Its encouraging, next season is the real test, but nonetheless pleased for him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rescued us from total embarrassment today. Our best attacking midfielder option and more dangerous than our miss firing strikers. Gets criticism for not doing it every week (as well as the more hysterical Jamie haters!) but his contributions are well ahead of Naismith and GMS. Huge congratulations on his 50th goal and overall contribution to the club!

2 minutes ago, RobbofordGHC said:

Rescued us from total embarrassment today. Our best attacking midfielder option and more dangerous than our miss firing strikers. Gets criticism for not doing it every week (as well as the more hysterical Jamie haters!) but his contributions are well ahead of Naismith and GMS. Huge congratulations on his 50th goal and overall contribution to the club!

Why based on recent performances he didn't start today is beyond me.

scott herbertson
On 07/02/2021 at 23:08, Thomaso said:

If he did, yes - we've been through this before, but it is always difficult to know exactly what's on another person's mind (ask my wife) . His form certainly tailed off but there were a lot of other things going on  - injuries, targeting by referees as a 'diver', and talk of a move. 

50 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Especially when you look at who did start. He would be second name on the teamsheet currently for me behind Craig Gordon.

2 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Not fully fit for the full 90 I imagine 

Deserves to start atm. 

He’s better behind striker but think he’s improving when playing out wide. His timing and movement seems far better. Maybe it’s maturity. Maybe it’s coaching. 

On 06/02/2021 at 14:00, jr ewing said:

Better impact sub now. Not in my starting XI.

Agreed - but well done on 50 goals Jamie! 👍