***Mafia: The Town Strikes Back***

iantjambo

1 minute ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I feel the goons are needing some night time protection imo. You're defenceless

You were overly cautious and played similar to the last game when you were mason.

The night the masons all died was that the last of the assassin bullets?

Yeh it was. 

Very well done to Peaky and GOFS for spotting me.

Although Peaky I will say I thought you were very disrespectful in your posts to me calling me stupid and I intentionally didn't respond so can you please keep this in mind in the future. It's only a game and there's no need for any such insults.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Tenaciousdandy

• iantjambo

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stuart McNeill
Just now, Tenaciousdandy said:

Why didn't the goons try and kill me knowing I was the doc

Ah OK

Tbf, by the time it was revealed you were doc it didn't matter. Shapes had her grips on yous guiding the way 😂.

Plus you never saved anyone we tried to kill so it wouldn't have changed anything that way either

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, jambosean75 said:

it was obvious that peaky was the assassin

he even kills me when we're on the same team ffs

a52.gif

Stuart McNeill
1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Yeh it was. 

Although Peaky I will say I thought you were very disrespectful in your posts to me calling me stupid and I intentionally didn't respond so can you please keep this in mind in the future. It's only a game and there's no need for any such insults.

Ahh so it was just a serious of unfortunate events.

If Ross managed to survive the night he could have went on to survive for 3 days with doc and St's help.

Just shit luck 😂t

Edited by Stuart McNeill

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

Tbf, by the time it was revealed you were doc it didn't matter. Shapes had her grips on yous guiding the way 😂.

Plus you never saved anyone we tried to kill so it wouldn't have changed anything that way either

That is true on both counts, its a pretty difficult role to play 

It’s great watching Shapes at work, Especially when you know what her role is 😂.

The way she played at the end there, she could just as easily been a manipulative goon.

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, iantjambo said:

It’s great watching Shapes at work, Especially when you know what her role is 😂.

The way she played at the end there, she could just as easily been a manipulative goon.

That was my concern, I think if the goons hadn't have killed her and took out simo or boof out that thought might have popped up altho I would probably still have followed her lead tho lol 

10 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Ahh so it was just a serious of unfortunate events.

If Ross managed to survive the night he could have went on to survive for 3 days with doc and St's help.

Just shit luck 😂t

Haha aye. We couldn't believe it. PM thread was full of 🤬 

😂

Shapes and Boof absolutely killed it in the last couple of days. Well played. 

Probably didn't help the Mason team having me on it, fumbling about in the dark trying to figure out what was going on, but in our defence we were suss of everyone who turned out to be bad roled (apart from Seats, I think) and the investigation each night was a toss up between a few folk, its just unfortunate that each of those nights we picked the one townie who was acting oddly!

We were all absolutely convinced Shapes was bad on night 3. Cue complete bewilderment when she came back as good 😂

Edited by Jamboross

3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Probably didn't help the Mason team having me on it, fumbling about in the dark trying to figure out what was going on, but in our defence we were suss of everyone who turned out to be bad roled (apart from Seats, I think) and the investigation each night was a toss up between a few folk, its just unfortunate that each of those nights we picked the one townie who was acting oddly!

We were all absolutely convinced Shapes was bad on night 3. Cue complete bewilderment when she came back as good 😂

Not at all Ross. Certainly played as well (or otherwise) as the rest of us 😂

26 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

As Andy says, we had just lost Riddley and were thinking 'thats ok, there is still 3 of us' and then we were torn apart so quickly by the goons and the assassin. 

From the town's perspective that was a bloody awful sequence of events - I felt completely deflated and couldn't get my multi-quoting mojo into action.

23 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I must confess that thought was never far from my mind :lol: 

Stuart McNeill
20 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Haha aye. We couldn't believe it. PM thread was full of 🤬 

😂

Accidentally hovered over ross' profile and noticed that he was 'viewing a pm'

We'd thought we take our chance

Thanks for the game Ian!

Sorry Andy and Riddley :lol: i didn't actually mean to act dodgy I wasn't properly paying attention at first but then I also thought it might be a good thing if I was investigated but then you all got picked off one by one. I actually couldn't believe that happened. Like Boof I was a bit like wtf do we do now after that.

But then I just knew Alim was bad so I thought I'd just bully **** out of him and then his posts were so heavily focusing on how there must have been goons on the Sheldon lynch that I thought nah it's got to be seats and Rudi and then boof found the simo investigation clue!

39 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

it was obvious that peaky was the assassin

he even kills me when we're on the same team ffs

You were the only one I got wrong. 

38 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Yeh it was. 

That was part of the game Andy. In real life I am a real nice guy and you probably are far from stupid. Don't take it personally. You were questioning Gofs role to much so thought good time to get rid of you. :thumbsup:

Just now, Peakybunnet said:

That was part of the game Andy. In real life I am a real nice guy and you probably are far from stupid. Don't take it personally. You were questioning Gofs role to much so thought good time to get rid of you. :thumbsup:

I see you've said probably there! 🤬

Haha, all good :)

8 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Didnt realise you could do that. I normally keep a PM tab and game  tab open. Need to watch that in case anybody cheats!!

Stuart McNeill
Just now, Peakybunnet said:

Didnt realise you could do that. I normally keep a PM tab and game  tab open. Need to watch that in case anybody cheats!!

Haha I'm judt pulling Andys pisser.

Ross was dead and buried before I realised we confirmed it.

I do accidentally click profiles when scrolling on phone, but always instantly back out.

Think I done it too dandy earlier 🤔😂

2 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Townie is my favourite role. No pressure and can just play quite freely 

Wait until you get Super Townie :lol: 

You don't actually know that much more but do have some influence. Knowing now that I'd been spotted I think it's a miracle I wasn't blasted - but if I'd been a goon the trail would not have been far from Peaky's door :lol: 

I'd quite happily be a townie any time.

2 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I do accidentally click profiles when scrolling on phone, but always instantly back out.

I did it to Boof yesterday :lol:

From the assassin point of view it is probably easier to win on your own. Having a spotter was fun but as only a two person team its hard to survive. I tried to protect GOFS on two nights. The Sheldon save night was the hardest as votes were all over the place.

I then tried to suggest she was assassin which would have meant I stayed alive but the inevitable would have happened. 

I was hoping the ST would have tried for a goon instead of me which meant me and GOFS would both have survived and had a slight chance of winning. I knew we had to kill goons off though hence my trust list!

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Wait until you get Super Townie :lol: 

You don't actually know that much more but do have some influence. Knowing now that I'd been spotted I think it's a miracle I wasn't blasted - but if I'd been a goon the trail would not have been far from Peaky's door :lol: 

I'd quite happily be a townie any time.

Yeah we knew you were roled from the first night but realised you were probably good so let you be. 

Tenaciousdandy
16 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

It would be good if there was still a way to switch this off

Tenaciousdandy
7 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I did it a couple of times by mistake this game to Prince and simo, its easily done especially when scrolling through and hit the players name with your thumb

9 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

It would be good if there was still a way to switch this off

@Maple Leaf @davemclaren - any idea if there's a way we can make ourselves invisible to other users? I have a vague recollection (which could be wrong!) that it was possible under auld JKB.

Tenaciousdandy
14 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

From the assassin point of view it is probably easier to win on your own. Having a spotter was fun but as only a two person team its hard to survive. I tried to protect GOFS on two nights. The Sheldon save night was the hardest as votes were all over the place.

I then tried to suggest she was assassin which would have meant I stayed alive but the inevitable would have happened. 

I was hoping the ST would have tried for a goon instead of me which meant me and GOFS would both have survived and had a slight chance of winning. I knew we had to kill goons off though hence my trust list!

Your defence of gofs early early doors followed by you having a go at Prince made it obvious it was you 2, Good you switched the roles around tho as we definitely thought you where the spotter 

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

@Maple Leaf @davemclaren - any idea if there's a way we can make ourselves invisible to other users? I have a vague recollection (which could be wrong!) that it was possible under auld JKB.

I can't see anything in the settings to hide your activity, I'm sure you could at one point 

5 minutes ago, Boof said:

@Boof I'll have a look, but I'm fairly sure it isn't an option.

Riddley Walker
1 hour ago, Shapes said:

Thanks for the game Ian!

Sorry Andy and Riddley :lol: i didn't actually mean to act dodgy I wasn't properly paying attention at first but then I also thought it might be a good thing if I was investigated but then you all got picked off one by one. I actually couldn't believe that happened. Like Boof I was a bit like wtf do we do now after that.

But then I just knew Alim was bad so I thought I'd just bully **** out of him and then his posts were so heavily focusing on how there must have been goons on the Sheldon lynch that I thought nah it's got to be seats and Rudi and then boof found the simo investigation clue!

We were absolutely gobsmacked when your investigation came back good :lol:

40 minutes ago, Boof said:

cough, Discord, cough

Cheers for the game Ian. Easy to say in hindsigh that the masons messed up but I don't think we did too much wrong. Arguably we should have investiagted GOFS after her tie break but we had such horrendous luck we didn't have a chance to put out any last minute trust lists. Frustrating as we'd built up a really good trust list and if everyone hadn';t been taken out so quickly we could have won it for the town much quicker.

Well played to Boof and Shapes for doing the business in the end.

Riddley Walker

The late vote switches by townies in the first couple of nights threw us too.

Simo I dunno why I always think you're bad :lol: You and Shapes' late vote switching made us think you're bad.

We clocked Dandy being different early on and that's why we investiagted him on night 1. Turns out it was just doc different.

Riddley Walker
1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

Thought you played well mate. Wouldn't have known it was your first game.

Tenaciousdandy
6 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Simo I dunno why I always think you're bad :lol: You and Shapes' late vote switching made us think you're bad.

We clocked Dandy being different early on and that's why we investiagted him on night 1. Turns out it was just doc different.

I was going to say to bunny what's up at some point lol altho had no idea if he was good or bad when I thought about doing it so didn't lol 

I don't understand what I do differently lol

Edited by Tenaciousdandy

Stuart McNeill
1 minute ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

I was going to say to bunny what's up at some point lol altho had no idea if he was good or bad when I thought about doing it so didn't lol 

I don't understand what I do differently lol

We noticed a difference with the lack of posts and theories.

You were only really quoting people trying to look useful 😂. (dunno if the quotes were useful - didn't read it)

Is this over yet? 🙄

Cheers for running the game Ian, although I thought it was shit - lost interest after the first day :whistling:

Whilst it's rubbish going out so early, it's a result for the town when the goons whack townies at night :thumbsup:

Also good following the game, but you do find yourself shouting at the screen on occasion.

Great play from Shapes and Boof and further evidence that going back over previous days is very worthwhile once you know a few roles.

Who is running the next one? :D

Stuart McNeill
Just now, Dunks said:

Is this over yet? 🙄

Cheers for running the game Ian, although I thought it was shit - lost interest after the first day :whistling:

Whilst it's rubbish going out so early, it's a result for the town when the goons whack townies at night :thumbsup:

Also good following the game, but you do find yourself shouting at the screen on occasion.

Great play from Shapes and Boof and further evidence that going back over previous days is very worthwhile once you know a few roles.

Who is running the next one? :D

Hopefully shapes..

Or she's dead day 1 😂

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

We noticed a difference with the lack of posts and theories.

You were only really quoting people trying to look useful 😂. (dunno if the quotes were useful - didn't read it)

I did put a theory early doors about a few players, but yeah I've been lacking in the theory department recently lol 

All my quotes were of the upmost importance and very useful lol

I quoted boof with the medical words as i thought he'd be the one most likely to pick up on it, turns out I had to lead him to the post and shove his face in it 🤣🤣

200-3.gif

tenor-9.gif

2 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Hopefully shapes..

Or she's dead day 1 😂

I'll do the next one but I'll leave it a week or so to give folk a rest and get my uni work out the way this week 

Come back from golf and im deid! Well played. I was trying to post but not really say anything. 

we were up against it. Couldnt take out boof or shapes as we were sure the doc would save them at some point. 

the sheldon lynch was annoying, he was already on the defensive before he even became a goon so that was a pain. 

I said not to kill boof the first night because he’s always taken out early 🤦🏻

I can do one I have a few in my back catalogue. I am off work for another 3 weeks so have nothing else to do..

Will post sign up thread tomorrow for midweek start. 

14 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

I said not to kill boof the first night because he’s always taken out early 🤦🏻

Attracted a few votes day 2 but surprisingly unbothered by folk voting me after that. 🤷‍♂️

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Attracted a few votes day 2 but surprisingly unbothered by folk voting me after that. 🤷‍♂️

I think I got a total of 2/3 votes all game lol

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

Tbf I probably did look dodgy after the Yvonne lynch 😂 I've sat the last few out due to a lack of time and was just a townie so figured if I get lynched early it's no big deal so I'm not gonna bother with safe votes I'll try to drive some action/discussion and put people into the lead/ties.

Obviously I was wrong with that one but I couldn't believe I was still under so much suspicion yesterday after helping lynch Sheldon and not gofs that night 😂

As mentioned I was busy most of yesterday and today so couldn't get involved in the end game as much as I'd have liked but fair play to the other Townies going back through the thread cause I was only on page 6 of a reread when Boof and Shapes realised I'd been investigated today! I'd had nagging doubts about Shapes being deep undercover but that was the point I knew she was good. 

I've been feeling rough most of today, but was planning on running the next one. Just CBA starting the thread earlier. 😂

I'll join the queue.