Jump to content

Boyce


Recommended Posts

I will probably be in the minority but thought he showed what he is about today, in my opinion he has been ineffective as he has been coming deep to try and create.

 

Don't get me wrong he is not faultless but we have not been playing to his strengths( goal from Ginnelly cross)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • been here before

    6

  • steve123

    4

  • Stendelnator

    4

  • Cruyff

    4

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before

Cant really say Im seeing it with Boyce. The talent and ability is obviously there but he just looks like he cant be arsed most of the time. Seems to lose interest very quickly.

 

In all fairness though he's not the only one just now.

Edited by been here before
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stendelnator said:

He scores goals. He was signed to score goals. 
 

He can’t fix everything else. 

This. He did his job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like so many players who sign for us just sit back do nothing collect there wages. Yes he scored to goals but he should be doing that every week

Edited by j1964m
Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

He scores goals. He was signed to score goals. 
 

He can’t fix everything else. 

Exactly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

He scores goals. He was signed to score goals. 
 

He can’t fix everything else. 

This. Give him the ammo (crosses)  he’ll score

Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq

Naismith and him Want to work in the same spaces, needs a partner up top. 

Edited by fabienleclerq
Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I will probably be in the minority but thought he showed what he is about today, in my opinion he has been ineffective as he has been coming deep to try and create.

 

Don't get me wrong he is not faultless but we have not been playing to his strengths( goal from Ginnelly cross)

The mans trying to work of scraps a lot of the time, missed chances also but never hides and always wants the ball, just needs a partner there with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1874robbo said:

The mans trying to work of scraps a lot of the time, missed chances also but never hides and always wants the ball, just needs a partner there with him.

This I have been frustrated by him but seen today exactly what he could do with good service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Stendelnator
4 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Like so many players who sign for us just sit back do nothing collect there wages. Yes he scored to goals but he should be doing that every week


An absolute nonsense. He’s doing it most weeks. Messi and Ronaldo don’t score every week. He’s having the best season of any striker we’ve had since Zeefuik. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Being Hearts' main striker is probably up there with one of the most thankless tasks on the planet.

 

What's he on now? 9 in 12 or something? He looks fed up. So are we.

 

I'll take a fed up player scoring at that rate. Support him...he scores. Not a difficult equation.

Edited by Barack
Link to post
Share on other sites
Berra than you
Just now, Stendelnator said:


An absolute nonsense. He’s doing it most weeks. Messi and Ronaldo don’t score every week. He’s having the best season of any striker we’ve had since Zeefuik. 

Unbelievable that after that performance someone can have a go at him. He got three decent balls into him today. Scored two and hit the post with the other. Boyce is not our problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barack said:

Being Hearts' main striker is probably up their with one of the most thankless tasks on the planet.

 

What's he on now? 9 in 12 or something? He looks fed up. So are we.

 

I'll take a fed up player scoring at that rate. Support him...he scores. Not a difficult equation.

23 games, 11 goals, 7 assists.  

That's pretty good considering. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Riccarton3

Give Boyce service. Our club seems to think our strikers can create and score their own chances unaided. Been like this for years. 

 

Boyce is not the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cruyff said:

23 games, 11 goals, 7 assists.  

That's pretty good considering. 👍

Given that he's operating 30 yards away from Naismith at times, I think it'll do, aye.👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like him. When we get balls in for him to attack and passes in behind he does well.

 

He's had to drop deep because our play is so stale.

 

Least of our worries but needs some help up there 

Link to post
Share on other sites

First touch is terrible when he drops deep ... . but scores goals when in the box. Needs to concentrate on the job he was bought to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
south morocco

Wasted in the way we play.. Great playerin or about the box but has to come too deep. Naismith similar at the moment. Push them up the park Will get us goals. It’s because our midfield is so bad in my opinion 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Greedy Jambo

Like a lot of players we have with talent, we're not getting the best out of them. 

Maybe one of the smart arses on here could tell me why that is. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Like a lot of players we have with talent, we're not getting the best out of them. 

Maybe one of the smart arses on here could tell me why that is. 

 

 

Because he's like Lafferty he should finish chances, not be involved in the build up. He should never leave the box. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender

He's been a huge disappointment. Rarely looks interested, looks miserable when he scores and his lack of control in the box is often brutal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He's been a huge disappointment. Rarely looks interested, looks miserable when he scores and his lack of control in the box is often brutal. 

You are at it, our style of play has hung him out to dry.

 

We cry out for a striker of quality and when we finally get one we don't supply him properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Riccarton3

Guy that scores both our goals can't get a break.

 

Stand by the fact Boyce is quality and any interloper knows it

Edited by Riccarton3
Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Guy that scores both our goals can't get a break.

 

Stand by the fact Boyce is quality and any interloper knows it

This. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
south morocco
10 minutes ago, steve123 said:

You are at it, our style of play has hung him out to dry.

 

We cry out for a striker of quality and when we finally get one we don't supply him properly.

Agreed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
15 minutes ago, steve123 said:

You are at it, our style of play has hung him out to dry.

 

We cry out for a striker of quality and when we finally get one we don't supply him properly.

 

Aye OK. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The tip of our attack is the outfield player that presses the opposition most, while pretty much all the rest stand off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars
44 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cant really say Im seeing it with Boyce. The talent and ability is obviously there but he just looks like he cant be arsed most of the time. Seems to lose interest very quickly.

 

In all fairness though he's not the only one just now.

 

He scored two goals. Two goals. For a striker, that's pretty good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars
27 minutes ago, Arry said:

First touch is terrible when he drops deep ... . but scores goals when in the box. Needs to concentrate on the job he was bought to do.

 

You should have seen him today. He did that job twice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
WoolfordsHearts

When you see some of the ramblings on todays match thread about him,you realise some haven't got a ******* clue about football. 

 

He's a player that won't be here for long and will play at a higher level than he is now with us(wouldn't be hard).

Imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SpruceBringsteen

Hearts fans dislike strikers who don't score goals.

 

Hearts fans dislike strikers who do score goals.

 

Bizarre tbh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars
45 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Like so many players who sign for us just sit back do nothing collect there wages. Yes he scored to goals but he should be doing that every week

 

He should be scoring two goals every game?

 

Can you name a striker, in any team in the world, who has averaged two goals a game?

 

Pele scored 541  goals in 560 league games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know our old business model was high salary low bonus which is probably why the majority of some of these guys just don’t looked phased.

 

I definitely heard Ann saying our model was changing to incorporate a better bonus structure in the return for slightly lower salary’s, which is by far the better way in my opinion as it gives some motivation and incentive. I’m assuming there will still be players on the old set up.

 

Can’t remember where I heard that, although may have been a news article. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Diadora Van Basten

His strength is getting on the end of crosses.

 

We need to get more crosses in the box and he will score.

 

17 corners today and 1 goes to Boyce and he scores.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Perrykitch

People calling him shite after scoring 2 goals today :vrface: couldn’t make it up, classic kickback 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King

He needs better service, our crossing is awful especially from Smith, I could be wrong but the only time they’ve combined for a goal was in the last NI game. We really didn’t get the ball to GMS enough in the first half today. 
Boyce should’ve been onside and scored from Naismith’s cross today.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
lost in space
37 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hard job when he has 4 defenders defending the shit service.

This. He is scoring goals when getting the service he need.

He is coming too deep to try and get the ball (playing as no 10).

Cant blame him when he is usually only player opposition box.

Our tactics are pathetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Being Hearts' main striker is probably up there with one of the most thankless tasks on the planet.

 

What's he on now? 9 in 12 or something? He looks fed up. So are we.

 

I'll take a fed up player scoring at that rate. Support him...he scores. Not a difficult equation.

7 in 11 for this season

 

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 22.35.56.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bob Loblaw
5 minutes ago, SevenTay said:

7 in 11 for this season

 

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 22.35.56.png

Plus 2 in the SC which shows as last season's goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steve123 said:

I will probably be in the minority but thought he showed what he is about today, in my opinion he has been ineffective as he has been coming deep to try and create.

 

Don't get me wrong he is not faultless but we have not been playing to his strengths( goal from Ginnelly cross)

Good player surrounded by team that don’t know what’s going on

 

Robbie has just not got a clue utterly hopeless manager 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jblair182

Like Boyce but his link up play was poor today. Usually his strength. 

 

Heard someone say he misses a sitter every game and that is absolutely true. Today it was flagged offside anyway. He does get frustrated very easily and don’t think he and Naismith suit each other. Wouldn’t mind seeing him with Wighton (or a new striker) a bit more regularly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...