Halliday

NB GIN

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don't think a player has ever disappointed as much other then Glen Whelan. On the odd occasion I saw him play for Rangers he fought for everything. Honestly could have gone through the game today and not noticed he was playing. Looks like he couldn't give a ****!

Fully agree. I forgot he was playing most of today - another waste of a jersey display. Fingers crossed that Haring gets back to full fitness quickly. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DETTY29

• Deevers

• Pasquale for King

• Barney bulge

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don't think a player has ever disappointed as much other then Glen Whelan. On the odd occasion I saw him play for Rangers he fought for everything. Honestly could have gone through the game today and not noticed he was playing. Looks like he couldn't give a ****!

He is lucky the fans were not in the stadium with a performance like that. 
Unfortunately Hearts seem to always pick these type of players, guys who couldn’t care less. Never in a million years did I think Halliday would be one of they players but the effort just isn’t there from him. 

Not a fan, Feels like we could have offered his wages towards a campbell or a better standard of midfielder, although halliday would be alright as a back up left back imo

53 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Exactly how I see it. 

Watched him for Rangers, sleeves rolled up, bawling and shouting giving 100 per cent every game. 

He has not the slightest interest in doing the same thing for HMFC. 

Absolute imposter. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

We could certainly do with a fit Haring bit I can’t see that any time soon. 

I agree but the way Halliday has performed in some games a half fit Haring would have done better.

Just now, stevie1874 said:

I agree but the way Halliday has performed in some games a half fit Haring would have done better.

Possibly today, I agree. 😕

best in the land
1 hour ago, husref musemic said:

I'm struggling to work out whether he's a hopeless footballer or just doesn't really care.

Both

1 hour ago, Jambos1983 said:

Some of us did try to say this in the summer and were shot down. 

Yep, remember he is a born winner, won't put up with shite performance etc etc. He is the worst of them all.

12 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

Hasn’t looked interested in a Hearts strip.

Which is disappointing, because  I thought when he signed he'd be good for us, but so far, no so good, half the time you forget he's actually on the park 🤔 anonymous is how I would describe him.

SpruceBringsteen

Always used to laugh at players from daft wee clubs like Kilmarnock going on the telly to stick their tongues right up the Old Firm fartbox, and yet here we are.

One of many utter, utter red necks.

9 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Which is disappointing, because  I thought when he signed he'd be good for us, but so far, no so good, half the time you forget he's actually on the park 🤔 anonymous is how I would describe him.

Totally agree. Thought he would give us a bit of dig in midfield but games seem to pass him by

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Prince Obua said:

Just an extraordinarily average midfield player. Capable of the odd good game but generally just meh. Today he was shocking. 

Andy Holiday. 

1 hour ago, Mundaydog said:

Hasn’t looked interested in a Hearts strip.

Remember when he signed, he looked totally glum.  Total opposite of GMS when he signed.

He acts like he's doing us a favour with his mere presence.  Total wage thief. 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Not suited to playing in front of back 4 but Neilson persists. His best performances have come playing further forward.

Best game was v. Arbroath or was it Alloa at left back, imo.

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Too long.

I think it's 2 years?

It is too long but at least it’s not the usual 4 years.

Jambof3tornado
44 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

We need another clear out. 

This has been constant for the last 5 years plus.

The amount of shite we have blown huge sums of money on is unreal!

If you’re doing the business you can crack on with being a rent a gobshite as much as you want to be honest. 
He’s not doing the business so.....

17 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This has been constant for the last 5 years plus.

The amount of shite we have blown huge sums of money on is unreal!

It was a sort of incendiary statement and you are right the recruitment over the past five years and deals handed out has been unreal indeed. 
I know nothing of this new guy Savage but he must be better than what we’ve had scouting players. 

Pasquale for King

Didn’t want him, was told he was a quality player. He sees himself as an attacking midfielder, can’t tackle and his only good performance was at LB. 

To think there was guys like Jackson Irvine going around and we ended up with this lazy ******* who hadn’t trained since the initial lockdown. Far too many Huns at the club at the minute too. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Jamie Hamill was better and I hated hamill

Jury still out for halliday, still got time to come good. Hopefully gets the finger out

You’re right, at least he gave 100% effort and got around the park. 

HillmanHearts

Halliday’s been ok so far this season - maybe a 6 or 7 generally.

But thought he was anonymous today. 
GMS & Frear were pish. 
Irving got pass marks.

They all need a rocket up the arse before Tuesday because that’s now a really important game.

Just here for a pay day 

said he didn’t want to play for another Scottish club when he left newco.

then sat on couch for 6 months realised no one wanted him and thought to hell with it I’ll go and be a wage thief at hearts for a couple of year. Neilson won’t notice anyway he’s no got a scooby 

bobby bombscare

don't personally rate Halliday. I don't think he has done much for us since arriving. Other than halfing anything in green and white, he hasn't done much in the way of improving the team in any way. Maybe moving him to LB will make him shine a bit better but i personally don't see it. He was brought in to give a bit of grit to the team. I don't see that outside or celtic games. He's not a defensive midfield, can't dictate the game and isn't getting box to box. 

We need either a defensive mid to allow Irving to sit a bit further forward or we need to get an attacking/box to box midfielder in to give a bit of protection to the 2 CB's. Halliday brings nothing other than the fact he played for an old firm team as a regular when they were bang average.

Only thread I have ever been banned from was one of the original threads about him after he signed.

Terrible football player.  Can't even be the hard man in midfield as other players just laugh at him.

Would have preferred Lee.  At least he chucked in assists.

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Only thread I have ever been banned from was one of the original threads about him after he signed.

Terrible football player.  Can't even be the hard man in midfield as other players just laugh at him.

Assisted the Boyce goal in the final.

WheatfieldWarrior
5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

We've had some properly big disappointments over the last few years, Tony Watt, David Vanacek, Juwon, Danny Amankwaa, Smith Brown, Meshino, That keeper that was near the first team at Manchester United, Malaury Martin, Cole Stockton, The Fish, Gavin Reilly, Damour, Juanma.... the list goes on...  

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, husref musemic said:

I'm struggling to work out whether he's a hopeless footballer or just doesn't really care.

Both 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Good point. Both wanted to play in England, only one had offers. 

1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

We've had some properly big disappointments over the last few years, Tony Watt, David Vanacek, Juwon, Danny Amankwaa, Smith Brown, Meshino, That keeper that was near the first team at Manchester United, Malaury Martin, Cole Stockton, The Fish, Gavin Reilly, Damour, Juanma.... the list goes on...  

To be fair I don’t think I saw any of them play till they got here.

Whelan and Halliday I’d seen and thought would make us better 

Sadly not

BRAVEHEART1874

Can play Lb?  Please No!!!!  he was pish there. But maybe he could play CH as surely berra caused all 3 goals ;)

letsalldothebeattie

Was genuinely delighted when we signed him thought he was what we needed in the middle of the park but now this far into the season I’m convinced it’s been a mistake. Hasn’t really given us too many good performances let alone great performances. He seems to slow us down. I hope he can turn it around but I think it’s time we take him out the team

pettigrewsstylist
14 hours ago, husref musemic said:

Using us for a wage.

18 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Was genuinely delighted when we signed him thought he was what we needed in the middle of the park but now this far into the season I’m convinced it’s been a mistake. Hasn’t really given us too many good performances let alone great performances. He seems to slow us down. I hope he can turn it around but I think it’s time we take him out the team

Really it’s time for him to shape up. He’s looked like someone who doesn’t really care when he’s out in the pitch.  We were told he would be a midfield battler. I have seen nothing of that from him so far.  More like a midfield bottler.  If he won’t or can’t perform then he should not be in the team.

Asked about Halliday from a hun Manager at my firm, his answer? Put his fist up level with his chin and said “ gid rainjurs man” I said “ how about his playing abilities “? His answer, puts his fist up by his chin and says “ gid rainjurs man”

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Really it’s time for him to shape up. He’s looked like someone who doesn’t really care when he’s out in the pitch.  We were told he would be a midfield battler. I have seen nothing of that from him so far.  More like a midfield bottler.  If he won’t or can’t perform then he should not be in the team.

Christ.

Battle to bottle is only one letter.

That sums up too many of our team.