Mafia sign up thread

Shapes

Stuart McNeill
57 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Not in the right frame of mind at the moment. So 17 is available.

Been missing you in the games man. You definitely add excitement. Chin up take care

Just now, redcat said:

Evening! I am new here but have been recommend to join in on Mafia!

I'll take 16 if it's still available!

Bunny's friend?

@Bunny Munro
more interestingly. How did you explain this game for someone to understand and enough to get them to sign up 😂

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Tenaciousdandy

• Riddley Walker

• Shapes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Bunny's friend?

@Bunny Munro
more interestingly. How did you explain this game for someone to understand and enough to get them to sign up 😂

Yep! We've played werewolf IRL at parties :) 

7 minutes ago, redcat said:

Evening! I am new here but have been recommend to join in on Mafia!

I'll take 16 if it's still available!

You sound like a goon 😁

Welcome aboard 👋🏻 

5 minutes ago, redcat said:

1 minute ago, Stuart McNeill said:

What's werewolf? 😂

Might be best not asking :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

What's werewolf? 😂

It's a game I am hoping is similar to Mafia, otherwise I have no idea what I have signed up for! 😂

I think way, way back in the day the first Mafia game was introduced as being similar to Werewolf...which nobody (or not many) knew about at that time either :lol: 

Stuart McNeill
Just now, Riddley Walker said:

Right @Seats' daughter get signed up so we can get this show on the road. 

cant shapes just put her as a placeholder?

Just now, Riddley Walker said:

You getting impatient? Wanting to start more goonly shenanigans ASAP? :lol:

13 minutes ago, redcat said:

9 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

What's werewolf? 😂

😂😂😂

Warewolf is basically mafia with the names changed.

Riddley Walker
Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

cant shapes just put her as a placeholder?

Could be an idea - if it started tonight she'd have 24 hours to log on and find out who her goon pals are. 

Riddley Walker
Just now, iantjambo said:

You getting impatient? Wanting to start more goonly shenanigans ASAP? :lol:

How dare you say such a thing! Town 4 life. 

9 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

How dare you say such a thing! Town 4 life. 

Whatever King goon. And I’m not even saying that tongue in cheek anymore :rofl:

Riddley Walker
Just now, iantjambo said:

Whatever King goon. And I’m not even saying that tongue in cheek anymore :rofl:

I prefer King Of The Goons, actually. 

Mind those caps. 

Stuart McNeill
6 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

omg look at some of these roles. Imagine half of these being used on our game hahah

These roles can stop or alter the night actions of others; for instance, they may prevent a protection or investigation from occurring, or they may change the target.[37] The Role-blocker can block the Vigilante for a night, while the Thief, Prostitute or Hypnotizer might be able to disable the powers of any selected target.[Note 16]
When the thief is used in Werewolves, an additional townsfolk card is added before dealing, and the Thief may choose on the first night to steal the role of another player or to take the unused role card. The player whose role was stolen gets the unused role card and the Thief card is discarded.

The Traitor is not a mafioso (in that he does not awake at night and is not revealed as a mafioso by Detective type roles), but works to protect them and hamper the town during the day cycle, and wins only with a Mafia victory.[35] Conversely, the Undercover Cop is a mole within the Mafia group who acts with the Mafia but wins with the innocents. The stool pigeon may be the only optional role in play,[36] and makes up one of the few modern game forms to be played without an investigative role.
Distinct from the alignment-role Godfather, the double-agent Godfather behaves as a standard mafioso, but wakes again (after the Mafia sleep) to perform an extra kill. This Godfather-role wins only if he survives.

In some games there are players who can change the vote count. Some players have 2 votes (Doublevoter); some players can only cast the final vote to kill a player (Actor); cannot vote to eliminate (Voteless Innocent);[45] must delegate someone else to vote for them (Fool),[46] or require one fewer vote to eliminate (Hated Innocent). The Priest cannot place the final vote (this role is not necessarily the same as the Reanimation-role priest). The lawyer selects someone during the night, and if that person tops the elimination vote the next day, saves them (a different lawyer role releases the wills written by players killed up to that point, when she dies).

The Dentist may select any other player at night, and prevent them speaking during the following day.[33] The Silencer is a mafioso with the identical power, except that they may not silence the same player on successive days. The silenced individual wakes in the morning and is immediately instructed not to talk until the end of the day. They can still raise their hand to vote in live games (although, if they were silenced by a prostitute, they are not allowed to vote).

The baker is on the side of the innocents. During the night, the baker gives one player a loaf of bread, potentially revealing their identity. If the baker dies, the innocents have just three nights to dispose of the mafia, or the innocents starve, and the mafia win. The Cobbler,[33] Village Idiot, or Jester has the objective of convincing the town to kill them, or is required to vote in favor of all proposed eliminations. Sometimes, successful elimination of the Village Idiot results in the mafia being able to kill two people that night.

10 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

The Dentist may select any other player at night, and prevent them speaking during the following day.

Normally :24_shocked:

But wouldn't bother me henceforth... :verysmug:

Sorry guys meant to reply before now but work is still mental. Think I said before in last game or sign up thread but we effectively have half the staff we need. If anybody wants a job in AML then get onto FNZ... 😂🙃

Also have poker most nights for the next couple of weeks as of Sunday so wouldn't be fair to any teammates when I don't have time but I'll be back soon. Enjoy 👍

Mon the goons... 👀

Good Old Fashioned Scandal
51 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I'm finally here! I'll just take whatever number is available :)

1. Stuart

2. Yvonne 

3. Alim

π Boof

4. Sean

5. Vlad

6. Rudi

7. Sheldon

8. Gomis

9. Prince

10. Andy

11. Geoff

12. Ian

13. Peakybunnet

14. Dandy

15. Riddley

16. Redcat

17. Good old fashioned scandal 

18. Bunny 

19. Dunks

20. Seats 

Excellent numbers. Will get started later tonight with deadline 9pm Saturday 

6 minutes ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

Nice snappy username there 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Riddley Walker
6 minutes ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

Cracking username, could be apt :lol:

1 minute ago, Seats said:

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

She knows no one will be arsed typing that out as a vote.

Goon move 😁

Good Old Fashioned Scandal
2 minutes ago, Seats said:

2 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Just jealous I have better music taste than you 😋

@Shapes

I’m on a fast train to pissedville. Any chance of getting this started tonight?

Last time I was tipsy when a game started, I thought I was a mason. Didn’t realise till the following day that I was a goon 😂😂

Edited by iantjambo

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Take it easy Marvin 👍 looking forward to you voting for somebody whilst dead again when you join back in 😂

Tenaciousdandy
2 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

omg look at some of these roles. Imagine half of these being used on our game hahah

These roles can stop or alter the night actions of others; for instance, they may prevent a protection or investigation from occurring, or they may change the target.[37] The Role-blocker can block the Vigilante for a night, while the Thief, Prostitute or Hypnotizer might be able to disable the powers of any selected target.[Note 16]
When the thief is used in Werewolves, an additional townsfolk card is added before dealing, and the Thief may choose on the first night to steal the role of another player or to take the unused role card. The player whose role was stolen gets the unused role card and the Thief card is discarded.

The Traitor is not a mafioso (in that he does not awake at night and is not revealed as a mafioso by Detective type roles), but works to protect them and hamper the town during the day cycle, and wins only with a Mafia victory.[35] Conversely, the Undercover Cop is a mole within the Mafia group who acts with the Mafia but wins with the innocents. The stool pigeon may be the only optional role in play,[36] and makes up one of the few modern game forms to be played without an investigative role.
Distinct from the alignment-role Godfather, the double-agent Godfather behaves as a standard mafioso, but wakes again (after the Mafia sleep) to perform an extra kill. This Godfather-role wins only if he survives.

In some games there are players who can change the vote count. Some players have 2 votes (Doublevoter); some players can only cast the final vote to kill a player (Actor); cannot vote to eliminate (Voteless Innocent);[45] must delegate someone else to vote for them (Fool),[46] or require one fewer vote to eliminate (Hated Innocent). The Priest cannot place the final vote (this role is not necessarily the same as the Reanimation-role priest). The lawyer selects someone during the night, and if that person tops the elimination vote the next day, saves them (a different lawyer role releases the wills written by players killed up to that point, when she dies).

The Dentist may select any other player at night, and prevent them speaking during the following day.[33] The Silencer is a mafioso with the identical power, except that they may not silence the same player on successive days. The silenced individual wakes in the morning and is immediately instructed not to talk until the end of the day. They can still raise their hand to vote in live games (although, if they were silenced by a prostitute, they are not allowed to vote).

The baker is on the side of the innocents. During the night, the baker gives one player a loaf of bread, potentially revealing their identity. If the baker dies, the innocents have just three nights to dispose of the mafia, or the innocents starve, and the mafia win. The Cobbler,[33] Village Idiot, or Jester has the objective of convincing the town to kill them, or is required to vote in favor of all proposed eliminations. Sometimes, successful elimination of the Village Idiot results in the mafia being able to kill two people that night.

I remember looking at werewolf when originally started playing heroes Mafia back in the mid 2000's, could definitely make some powers out of these ones

3 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

And welcome to the new players,.look forward to accusing you both of being goons lol 

While being a goon yourself?