Bertie Voigts....

jkato

....could he be in the reckoning?

Vlad was spotted with him at the last Lithuania match and I understand he's looking for a job in British football.

I'd have him.

Got to be better than what we have.

Drylaw Hearts

Vlad was spotted with him at the last Lithuania match and I understand he's looking for a job in British football.

I'd have him.

:hobofish:

ToadKiller Dog
Better than Mixu.

My budgie would be better than mixu potato head.

Who spotted berti with vlad?

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Better than Mixu.

Thats like saying cow poo's better than dog poo

:hobofish:

OK - Drylaw

You are indeed the gospel.

Grow-up.

Answer the OP (or F.Off)

Drylaw Hearts
OK - Drylaw

You are indeed the gospel.

Grow-up.

Answer the OP (or F.Off)

Grow up ?

Ok Mickey Mouse.

Dirk Diggler
My budgie would be better than mixu potato head.

Who spotted berti with vlad?

The OP.

Jambo extraordinaire.

**Not that I am accusing him of being anything else. I appreciate that is against the rules and it may result in me being warned/infracted.

Ibrahim Tall

Vogts is a decent manager, would be happy enough tbh.

He won Euro '96 with Germany, reached the QF's in 98 going out to the eventual winners. He took the Leverkusen and in his only season there managed to get CL football.

His record at Scotland wasn't even that bad, we ****e team and the entire set-up was a ****e situation due to years of Brown and co picking their "favourites" even when they were years past their best. We obviously had bad results, but when your picking a whole new squad from scratch, many of whom were still only 18/19 thats to be expected. Most of the players who've performed so well under Smith/McLeish/Burley were ones picked out from a young age and blooded in to the team by Vogts, Gordon, McFadden and Fletcher in particular.

Dirk Diggler

Ignoring the OP (not that I think he is at the wind up) for a minute.

Hearts appointing Berti Vogts would be a disaster from the off.

Graham Rix being re-appointed would recieve better press than Berti ever would.

Surely we will find out soon enough as the new german manager will appointed this weekend. Glad they waited till sunday night to announce it though as i would have missed it last week.

He won Euro '96 with Germany, reached the QF's in 98 going out to the eventual winners. He took the Leverkusen and in his only season there managed to get CL football.

His record at Scotland wasn't even that bad, we ****e team and the entire set-up was a ****e situation due to years of Brown and co picking their "favourites" even when they were years past their best. We obviously had bad results, but when your picking a whole new squad from scratch, many of whom were still only 18/19 thats to be expected. Most of the players who've performed so well under Smith/McLeish/Burley were ones picked out from a young age and blooded in to the team by Vogts, Gordon, McFadden and Fletcher in particular.

Well said Nino, some people on k.b. really have either short memories or nae clue aboot fitba at all !

I'd have him.

IMO we could do a lot worse, I know he had a poor record with Scotland, but before that he had a good record/pedigree and also has played at the highest level.

I still think that we will end up with Csaba, and probably this week, which again, could turn out to be a decent appointment.

jamboinglasgow

vogts is a manager that needed a few years before he could be judged as at the time alot of people's anger clouded their judgement. As Nino Brown said we had been left in a bad way by Brown who favoured playing players who were nearing the retirement as they were his favourites. He rarely played youngsters so we had few young players with international experence. This was added with the SPL which at the time was not at all interested with youth development due to seeing it easier to employ foregin players. This was overturned with the teams going into administration which made them change their attitudes towards how to run i.e. raise from youth.

This was in an early stage when Vogts came in and we had a poor stock of scottish footballer, alll the decent players of past seasons had retired and though one or two remained they were few and far between.

The thing is that Vogts managed to get us 90 mins from Euro 2004 (better tactics on the day away to Holland and things could of been a whole different.) The world cup qualifiers is where he fell down. Also if he had tried to win friendlies rather than experement too much then people may of had a better view of him as that what caused us to slip far down the rankings and helped cause the embarressement.

Don't know who (or when) somebody saw him in Lithuania but he was in Baku working with the Azeri team last week (staying in Holiday Inn) -

Source - me; was talking to him in the lift.

Fact

Generic Username

It's probably been said before;

I'd rather have Berti Bassett(of liquorice allsorts fame).

Bindy Badgy

Germany lost to Croatia in 98:)

Jam Tarts 1874

Vogts has spoken with Romanov before about the Hearts job, so not too surprising if they were seen speaking with each other whilst they happened to be attending the same game. We could do worse!

Ibrahim Tall
Germany lost to Croatia in 98:)

So they did, was Croatia that lost to France the next round. It's still hardly massive condemnation of his career though.

Guest JamboRobbo
Vogts has spoken with Romanov before about the Hearts job, so not too surprising if they were seen speaking with each other whilst they happened to be attending the same game. We could do worse!

We could, but the fact we've managed to appoint about 6 "managers" in a 3 year period, all of who'm were worse than the worst manager ever in the history of the scottish national team, is not exactly something to be proud of.

David McCaig

I have posted previously that I feel that Vogts was given a raw deal as Scotland Manager.

The likes of Smith and McLeish reaped the benefits of Bertie blooding McFadden, Fletcher, Caldwell, Gordon et al at such a young age.

Obviously, when you give youth a chance, results and consistency are sacrificed in the short term. Lets not forget that Craig Gordon was a long way short of world class in his first couple of games for Scotland.

It should also not be forgotten that Walter Smiths first act as Scotland Boss was to bin Gordon for the mighty Rab Douglas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Berti's biggest failing in the eyes of the Scottish Media was that he wasnt Scottish, we should know from our Lithuanian experience, that our national press could teach the English tabloids a thing or two when it comes to Xenophobia.

john brownlee
heard this ages ago, i'm convinced it is just a manky hobo rumour though.

dont you dare call me a manky hobo

first posted during the african cup

always been my fav for the job, three reasons, He is a good world class manager and boy he would really wind up the gfa and the weegie press.

Better than Mixu.

Mixu Pants ie linin will sail them too the spl 2 title in 2 seasons time.:dribble:

After they get relegated this season.:)

Winston Ingram

Vogts was at a Lithuania v Azerbaijan game, most probably sitting beside Vlad, before he took over as Azerbaijan manager (a couple of weeks later, I think). Nothing more to it.

Ignoring the OP (not that I think he is at the wind up) for a minute.

Hearts appointing Berti Vogts would be a disaster from the off.

Graham Rix being re-appointed would recieve better press than Berti ever would.

Exactly. Going on about what a great job he did bringing through the youngsters (he capped every ****er under 25 who was Scottish and played anywhere in Britain - Warren Cummings ring a bell?) doesn't detract from the fact that he was tactically useless and apart from the German team ignoring him and playing as they wished the year they won the Euro Championship, has been awful everywhere he has gone.

Well said Nino, some people on k.b. really have either short memories or nae clue aboot fitba at all !

I know a couple of folk who have been convinced for ages that Bertie would get the job - and it this were to happen, we could do a lot worse.

His Scotland record was not great, but he tried new players, gave some Jambos a break aling with other players, some of which are now mainstays of the squad.

Had a Weegie press 'favourite' such as Walter Smith or N A Other Old firm man had a carbon copy record, they would not have had the same abuse - it was simply racism from Weegie media.

Guest Maroon Carpet

Well I am hoping that the new manager is the Icelander, because at the very least we will be getting a British style assistant as in Big Terry the Butcher.

There are two managers if appointed I'd hand my season ticket back*. Berti Vogts and Craig Brown. In fact a managerial duo and i'd possibly top myself.

I'd rather have Paul Kane and Josepth Hitzel (both equally disgusting) as boss.

* well 90% probability

Smoked-Glass

He had some good results with scotland actually.

beating holland 1-0

1-1 draw with Germany

Apart from that he beat a lot of the teams we were supposed to, only marginally, but still wins.

I'd take him.

He had some good results with scotland actually.

beating holland 1-0

1-1 draw with Germany

Apart from that he beat a lot of the teams we were supposed to, only marginally, but still wins.

I'd take him.

berti is the man that blooded the current scotland team and should be given the credit for that!!! had nothing to work with when he got there and took the worst of the abuse during the teams formative matches, id have him, and coincudently he ticks the boxes as far as having experience in british football.

Archived