Charity gig Sunday 13 July

geddy

Thought I would post this up.

Next Sunday at the Liquid rooms there is a charity rock gig for a young 2 and a half year old lass with cystic fibrosis.

The parents and grandparents (who live up here in Edinburgh) are trying to get her a compression vest which would improve the quality of her life tremendously. You can't get them on the NHS and have to import from the USA. They cost ?20,000!

There has been a few events already here in Edinburgh which have raised over ?2,000!!!!

So a few bands have offered assistance by agreeing to perform next Sunday.

They include....

Wired desire, a good solid classic hard rock band from Glasgow

Heavens basement, who used to be called Roadstar/Hurricane party who are due to support Thunder on their upcoming UK tour,

Lycanthrope, a very good Edinburgh based band with an excellent frontman as well,

Later there is Chris Glen and the outfit, Chris Glen is the bassist of SAHB (sensational Alex Harvey band...if you don't know) and recently played with Michael Schenker,

Doogie White (with I believe Max Maxwell the singer in SAHB at the moment) singer for Rainbow and Malmsteen who's new cd is a blinder. The guy has an amazing voice.

All this for ?10. Just pay at the door (I nearly typed gate!!!), the event starting at 3pm and going on till 10pm.

There should also be rock djs (not confirmed with venue yet but hopefully) to entertain between bands.

If you want more information about Naomi feel free to check the dedicated website at

http://www.naomisfight.co.uk/home.html

click on the saltire to read up on the Scottish contingent.

Cheers for reading, and if you like rock music and feel you would like to help then come along next Sunday.

Geddy

Archived