Best Christmas present ever received?

Vlad Magic

Simple one this guys n gals.

I was fortunate to receive the original Nintendo Entertainment System when it first came out in the UK.

Think I was 11 or 12?

I remember opening the wrapping and seeing it sitting there and just going WOW!!

One of my most memorable was a Stretch Armstrong. Think I got him the year before Toy Story came out and the next Xmas was a Buzz lightyear toy, that I was fortunate enough to have!

An Amstrad CPC 464.

Absolutely blew my mind. My mother was a crabbit cow the next day. It later came to light she'd stayed up half the night playing Oh Mummy. 

These days I prefer something thoughtful rather than some bathroom set chosen from the 'Shite Gifts for Dads' section. I also enforce a strict no toffifee policy.

Fitzroy Pointon

Electronic drum kit that I didn't know I was getting. My dad recorded the Beatles 1967-70 onto cassette for me and I spent the whole of the Christmas holidays playing along to that. 

Also got a mountain bike one year that was a surprise. We had opened our presents and I was more than happy then my dad asked me to go n stick the kettle on. Opened the kitchen door and there it was. I nearly shat with excitement. 

luckyBatistuta

Had better and more expensive presents, but for pure excitement at the age I was, it had to be my 6 function Six Million Dollar Man watch😁

F1BF8111-340B-4798-9A4D-6E43264E729C.jpeg

It may be just a fading memory but I can't remember anything I was ecstatic about, must have been something, but the years when Christmas was a big thing four years of age to ten years of age were difficult for the parents because of rationing etc. I did ask one time for a pair of my favorite Hearts socks, the black ones with maroon and white hoops around the fold over, I was broken hearted when I got the maroon with white tops which to my eleven or twelve year old mind werenae Herts socks.

I remember being ecstatic when I received my first ever portable TV for my bedroom.

More recently, Mrs tjambo surprised me with a PS4 back in 2014. I was like a bairn that day 😂

When I was 3 or 4 "Santa" got me a big space gun. It made about 32 different sounds and flashed different colours. It was brill. woke my parents at 5am running through the house shooting things.

As a bairn: Castle Grayskull playset

As a teenager: A pair of 85watt Goodmans speakers. Still going strong today.

As an adult: Voucher for a full 9-course tasting menu at The Kitchin.

Dagger Is Back

A pair of George Best Stylo Matchmakers. I’d started playing for the school team,

Didn’t matter a jot that they were 2 sizes too big and I had to wear them with scrunched up newspapers inside.

My excuse for having the first touch of an elephant. 

Did love my Spectrum 48k. Always remember the power pack blowing up whilst playing Blockbusters 🤣

Got a full refund from the Co-op, then got the Amstrad for my birthday which was ****ing shit in comparison (think I got a dodgy one tbf)...although hitting it with my cricket bat when it stalled loading games probably didn't help. 😃

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Imagine folks these days with one:lol:

3D1A799D-A0B0-4E6A-A8C6-D0AFBE4D84ED.gif

:lol:   Load ""     then wait 3-4 minutes! :lol:

The wait was worth it for this though...      3D graphics!!!

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K Game - FOOTBALL MANAGER - Addictive - Tested &  Working | eBay

WoolfordsHearts
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Imagine folks these days with one:lol:

3D1A799D-A0B0-4E6A-A8C6-D0AFBE4D84ED.gif

🤣

"Syntax error" and "GOTO 10" were common on my vic20.

The heat of the vic20 power pack kept my room cosy right enough.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Red mk1 grifter. Loved it. 

Ahhh, I had the same one, it was a step up from the green Striker I had, thought I was billy big bollox riding up and down out street on Christmas morning, my pal got a red Chopper for his Christmas. 

Edited by Dawnrazor

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ahhh, I had the same one, it was a step up from the green Striker I had, thought I was billy big bollox riding up and down out street on Christmas morning, my pal got a red Chopper for his Christmas. 

Did your 2nd gear cause you some pain, anaw. :D

Just now, ri Alban said:

Did your 2nd gear cause you some pain, anaw. :D

That was the blue gear? If I remember, the geara went from Yellow 1st gear, Blue 2nd gear and Red 3rd gear, by twisting the right grip? 

WoolfordsHearts
4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

That was the blue gear? If I remember, the geara went from Yellow 1st gear, Blue 2nd gear and Red 3rd gear, by twisting the right grip? 

The dreaded"slip gear"

My old boss when I worked in transport confessed that over the weekend (this was Monday morning) his 7 year old daughter had discovered all the families Christmas presents.

She opened every single one bless her.

Raleigh Tomahawk when I was about 7. Bloody freezing frosty Christmas Day but I was out on it all day, and all the parent must have got together as loads of kids got a bike that year. I had the only Tomahawk, a couple of Raleigh Chippers, and one poor sod with a Raleigh 20 shopping bike. 
The next bike I got was one my dad got from one of his pub mates who worked in the docks. The sticker on it that said Imported from the United Kingdom hints that he didn’t pay too much for it. 

Doctor FinnBarr
12 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Simple one this guys n gals.

I was fortunate to receive the original Nintendo Entertainment System when it first came out in the UK.

Think I was 11 or 12?

I remember opening the wrapping and seeing it sitting there and just going WOW!!

Think I bought myself one about 89 or 90 I think to keep myself entertained as I was on a 3 shift system. Still got it including the gun for "Duck Shoot" or whatever it was called. Wonder if its worth flogging now?

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

:lol:   Load ""     then wait 3-4 minutes! :lol:

The wait was worth it for this though...      3D graphics!!!

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K Game - FOOTBALL MANAGER - Addictive - Tested &  Working | eBay

When you and everyone else cared only about how the game played🥰

3 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

🤣

"Syntax error" and "GOTO 10" were common on my vic20.

The heat of the vic20 power pack kept my room cosy right enough.

:lol: 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

You can get ZX emulators for PC and you can load them audibly from mp3s 

:yas:

Never go back, keep those happy memories. Me and my mates used to have regular pissups playing Micro Machines on the Sega Mega Drive, was hilarious stuff. One of them a few years back said he still had it in his cupboard. Night arranged, plenty alcohol in attendance and…meh😕