Plumber/ Bathroom Renovation

daftie

Can anybody recommend a good plumber/tradesman in West Lothian area. 

Have quite a small bathroom, so looking at options of replacing entire suite or removing bath for shower enclosure possibly. Just looking for somebody who is competitively price and comes recommended so I know I am not being ripped off. 

Cheers

Howdy Doody Jambo

The amount of plumbers that don't get back to you with a quote is incredible 

They may be good at fitting bathrooms and central heating but in my experience most cannot write an email or give any reply, it's like they just poke their nose at the job to see if they fancy it, only one bloke out of half a dozen got back and quoted £6k just to fit and I was supplying the lot 

I remember I had a plumber that charged me £50 for fixing a leak in a fitting with the rubber washer I supplied 

Be aware a lot of shark's oot there 

Edited by Ma Roon

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Ma Roon said:

The amount of plumbers that don't get back to you with a quote is incredible 

They may be good at fitting bathrooms and central heating but in my experience most cannot write an email or give any reply, it's like they just poke their nose at the job to see if they fancy it, only one bloke out of half a dozen got back and quoted £6k just to fit and I was supplying the lot 

I remember I had a plumber that charged me £50 for fixing a leak in a fitting with the rubber washer I supplied 

Be aware a lot of shark's oot there 

They probably make that much money they pick and choose. 

It's certainly bad manners not getting back to people. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
30 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They probably make that much money they pick and choose. 

It's certainly bad manners not getting back to people. 

Exactly they've all turned into snobs turning their noses up at job's and charging a grand to change a tap washer 

25 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Also looking into this.

Anyone used buyrite in gorgie?

Yes, pleased with the stuff they supplied. They got a plumber to visit and give a price to install but found him to be a bit expensive so we got someone else. Also had a problem with mirror they supplied and they sent out new one no problem. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Ma Roon said:

Exactly they've all turned into snobs turning their noses up at job's and charging a grand to change a tap washer 

People are relying more on word of mouth.

That isn’t always reliable.