Jump to content

Halkett up front


TypoonJambo

Recommended Posts

New signing? But no. Get some decent service and the strikers will get goal. Ginnely a huge miss as seems the only one capable of going past a man and delivering decent balls in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Horatio Caine
Just now, Bainy said:

New signing? But no. Get some decent service and the strikers will get goal. Ginnely a huge miss as seems the only one capable of going past a man and delivering decent balls in. 

What's actually wrong with Ginelly?  He was supposedly going to (just) make the semi final - then didn't.  He was to be ready for the Dunfermline game - he wasn't. Now, there's no word.  Is he bricking coming back into this shitshow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

What's actually wrong with Ginelly?  He was supposedly going to (just) make the semi final - then didn't.  He was to be ready for the Dunfermline game - he wasn't. Now, there's no word.  Is he bricking coming back into this shitshow?

Not sure just be our luck it's another mysterious injury like harings and he's out long term. Hopefully not just preserving him a few extra weeks to get him fit for the final. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the chances in the transfer window Robbie can find an actual striker and a player who can go forward and take on an opposition player?

 

We have a team of side ways crabs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first of several fast wingers who couldn't really play football...We never learn our lesson

 

edit: Aw now my response doesn't make sense with the thread title changed...

 

He did it as a kid, I'm sure he's good enough at this level...ahem

Edited by Spellczech
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • davemclaren changed the title to Halkett up front
1 hour ago, Bainy said:

New signing? But no. Get some decent service and the strikers will get goal. Ginnely a huge miss as seems the only one capable of going past a man and delivering decent balls in. 

Same shit, different season.  Taken off as a precaution then out for 6 months with an ‘unknown niggle’ which we seem to think we can cure by throwing them back into training.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let this sink in, we are playing a lone striker in this league. While all the other teams are reasonably well organised the standard is still crap. With the exception of Charlie Adam I could not name one player who would be an upgrade on the player we have in that position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

What's actually wrong with Ginelly?  He was supposedly going to (just) make the semi final - then didn't.  He was to be ready for the Dunfermline game - he wasn't. Now, there's no word.  Is he bricking coming back into this shitshow?

He’s got a thigh injury that usually takes a good few weeks to come back from, using Levein style bluffing about his fitness or medical department failing again the choice is yours. He’s 23 and at his 11th club and played around 10 games for each so he’s possibly injury prone or has some other issue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, Bainy said:

New signing? But no. Get some decent service and the strikers will get goal. Ginnely a huge miss as seems the only one capable of going past a man and delivering decent balls in. 

While I agree we need him , no team should be relying on one player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Bring back Uche 

Despite all his shortcomings Uche might have helped us when things get a bit difficult.  For example, RN plays with a small man up front (Boyce or Naismith) and when this doesn't work we have no alternative plan.  When Uche left, maybe we should have been sure of getting in someone of similar build to add variety to our play when we are toiling. 

To look at it arithmetically, atm we have 3 options up front.  Naismith or Boyce individually or both together.  We have seen that is a hit or a miss with little aerial threat in the build-up or at the business end.  By keeping Uche or signing a similar type provides 7 options ie each of the 3 individually, any 3 pairs and even all three together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs
33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Despite all his shortcomings Uche might have helped us when things get a bit difficult.  For example, RN plays with a small man up front (Boyce or Naismith) and when this doesn't work we have no alternative plan.  When Uche left, maybe we should have been sure of getting in someone of similar build to add variety to our play when we are toiling. 

To look at it arithmetically, atm we have 3 options up front.  Naismith or Boyce individually or both together.  We have seen that is a hit or a miss with little aerial threat in the build-up or at the business end.  By keeping Uche or signing a similar type provides 7 options ie each of the 3 individually, any 3 pairs and even all three together.


As soon as we started the season with no #9 signed to take Uche, Washington and Maclean’s place in the squad, it was an ominous sign that a gaping hole had been left in the squad. Know none of them had really been up to task, and know we had to cut costs, but I mean if there was no replacement waiting in the wings I’d have probably kept at least one of the 3 of them. More useful to the team than nothing players like Frear and Roberts who offer absolutely nothing more than Moore and Henderson, actually on current evidence these signings are actually worse than those 2 lads. Hope the new players come good but a #9 of some description has to be absolute top of the list in January. We 100% need and alternative in as Naismith, Walker and Boyce look either disinterested, lazy or just unable to play together, or both. If there’s one thing you never saw from Ikpeazu it was looking disinterested / not trying hard enough, he’d play as hard as he could and gave Center halves some sort of problem to deal with. Alloas defenders had a walk in the park yesterday 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Why not, nobody else can score so why not give him a go.

Me & the lad were discussing this yesterday, pre-match.

We don't have the quality to break even teams like Alloa down so don't be afraid to take the simple option.  Feck me, I'm advocating route 1 football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...