We need a goal scoring striker - how about this one?

tazhearts

Killie had a bid for Thompson rejected

_44807867_pete_thompson_body_203.jpg Peter Thompson made his debut for NI against Portugal in 2005

Linfield striker Peter Thompson is set to remain at Windsor Park next season after an improved bid from SPL club Kilmarnock was turned down.

Killie's offer, believed to be around ?150,000, is well short of the Linfield's valuation of Thompson.

"The offer demeaned the player and Peter is happy to stay," Blues chairman Jim Kerr told the News Letter.

However, the Northern Ireland star has reiterated his desire to play full-time in England or Scotland.

Thompson has just one more season to run on his current contract.

"I will be 25 when my contract with Linfield expires, so I am not getting any younger," he said.

"Of course every young player would love a move to full-time football across the water, but all I can do is knuckle down and focus on Linfield."

Thompson netted 44 times last season to help Linfield claim a third successive league and cup double.

"We have spoken at length with Peter and I can say he will be staying at Linfield next season," added Kerr.

"Kilmarnock made an offer which was a very small increase on what they had offered previously and therefore the club declined to accept it.

"Kilmarnock said this was their final offer and if it is rejected then they will wait until the end of next season to see if Peter is a free agent."

$ilvery_Moon
Vlad won't be looking at him unless he has Lithuanian parentage, so it is a waste of time identifying good non-Lithuanian players when we know all we're getting is Kaunus duds.

Just like Nade?

I know things are **** at the moment but I'm sick of this constant slating of the Lithuanians and our player signing policies. Not all of our players come and have come from Kaunus. Some people are moaning for the sake of moaning.

good be good shouts, the standard of football is probably getting better and there has been a few players recently like Roy Odonovan and Daryl Murphy for Sunderland. Ok not the greatest players but they made decent squad players and could definately do a job for us.

Did one of the uglies not sign a boy from Ireland recently too?

As for the chinese boy I imagine in a few years asia, places like china and india with their massive population will produce some gems. Work permits will always be a problem though. Could be a good job we are looking at scandanavia this time round.

Anyone ever remember that Enevoldsen we were linking with (midfielder aab?) whats he doing these days? He looked no bad at the time.

frankblack
Just like Nade?

I know things are **** at the moment but I'm sick of this constant slating of the Lithuanians and our player signing policies. Not all of our players come and have come from Kaunus. Some people are moaning for the sake of moaning.

Nade is a waste of a jersey and signed probably without anyone having seen him play regularly for Sheffield Utd. He is unfit and isn't interested in working hard for the ball when asked to play lone striker.

Not all our players have come from Kaunus, but the majority of those in contention for first team places have.

With no manager in place, who do you think will sanction the signing of players, and where do you think they will come?

Do you really believe that we will get an independant manager who will bring in his own players or do you expect a busload of Lithuanian duds to come in and fill our squad like previous seasons?

Vlad seems to think that he can get his lithuanian duds sold on for a profit by bussing them over here. Other than Velicka, I can't think of one that has any real transfer value - it is always players from British and more prominent footballing nations like Czechs that get sold. Playing these substandard players is what got us 8th last season and failure to qualify for Europe the previous season.

Archived