The Motherwell opener.Will it be the same sinking feeling as the hibs game last year?

Craigieboy

Craigieboy

Playing a mediocre side.

However, no talent on show from us. VR showing us another look at the next up and coming Lithuanian no-mark (who will ever forget Benny). Talking about the pies instead of the game. Utter boredom. Wanting to leave early.

Or will we see some of the Burley optimism back again?

Playing a mediocre side.

However, no talent on show from us. VR showing us another look at the next up and coming Lithuanian no-mark (who will ever forget Benny). Talking about the pies instead of the game. Utter boredom. Wanting to leave early.

I will always be optimistic at the start of a new season even though i think we will realistically struggle to make top 6 again.

south morocco
Playing a mediocre side.

we are probably a sub mediocre team, the difference being the other clubs have people in place to drive their clubs forward,we have nothing, that is the stark truth

Gigolo-Aunt

If we go in with a new manager who has had some time to work with the players, impliment his ideas on the team and what he expects - couple that with sole control of picking the team and tranfer targets - we will be ok.

Imagine a squad of players, knowing that if they impress - they stay in the team. Imagine a squad that are on their toe's as there are no favorites that are an automatic pick.

Chances?

Answers on a postcard.

Fourcandles
Playing a mediocre side.

Mediocre?adjective 1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.

2. rather poor or inferior.

Definition more apt for us rather than a settled and last season pretty skilful Motherwell side.

What, other than the traditional early season wishful optimism, makes any one think that we'll be any better than the team which lost to Falkirk and Gretna at the end of last season?

:(

Griclesfield

I for one think we will get spanked ....... and it will draw kickback users to post negative comments for a change .......

south morocco
If we go in with a new manager who has had some time to work with the players, impliment his ideas on the team and what he expects - couple that with sole control of picking the team and tranfer targets - we will be ok.

Imagine a squad of players, knowing that if they impress - they stay in the team. Imagine a squad that are on their toe's as there are no favorites that are an automatic pick.

Chances?

Answers on a postcard.

I read your post and really do agree with it,but the reality of the situation tells me it aint gonna happen, please feel free to slap me down or quote me if i'm wrong,I would gladly be wronged btw.

Gigolo-Aunt
I read your post and really do agree with it,but the reality of the situation tells me it aint gonna happen, please feel free to slap me down or quote me if i'm wrong,I would gladly be wronged btw.

I dont think it will all happen either fella.

south morocco
I dont think it will all happen either fella.

We all just want to be NORMAL football fans,sadly we are'nt!!!

I'm a bit worried it will be a bad opener, :o...still...can hope. Who knows what team will line up against Well though...

Fourcandles
We all just want to be NORMAL football fans,sadly we are'nt!!!

I think the Fans ARE normal, its the friggin owner that ain't !!!

:wacko:

jambosean75

i'll go into this season the same as i do every season. knowing that we might not have the best players in the league but if we have a good start , get a bit of luck , this year might be the year we break the old **** dominance.:eek:

the dream has always died eventually.:sad:

sometimes it has ended disappointingly early(last year) , sometimes heartbreakingly late (98 + 86 though i was a bit young to fully realise the enormity of it then).

however, as long as there's a hearts team starting a season i'll be there hoping beyond hope , dreaming that improbable dream , that this might be our time to believe , to be champions.

come on the hearts!!!

Hearts 2 - 0 Motherwell

Miko (11)

Nade (52)

Optimitic or what?

Very, considering it's very doubtful your second scorer will be at Hearts by the Motherwell game.

maroonedinoz

I'm not that pessemistic about how we will fare next season.

Probably for all the wrong reasons though.

Its that outside of the old firm I just think there are no clubs of any stature or talent.

I think we could very well end up the best of a bad lot.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Playing a mediocre side.

I won't have the same feelings as last season because (a) I won't be there and (B) I have no expectations at all of these jokers.

It's all about morale at the moment IMO. The players need to believe that it is going to work out, I don't think they do.

Every other day Berra or his agent is in the paper, Drivers agent yesterday We only have two senior strikers and both will most probably leave. This cannot be good for team morale, especially when VR's first summer (only summer) target chooses Hartlepool instead of us.

As long as we continue like this, I can only see another season like the last, but minus our goalscorer. The Motherwell game has the possibility to punish us and embarrass us further.

portobellojambo1

When you look at the opening sequence of fixtures they have turned out not too bad for us on paper, with the exception of the 1st two (Motherwell (h) and Rangers (a)).

If we were going into these games in a settled position I would feel reasonably confident we could get a decent start to the league, however if we go in not ready, without the right person at the helm, with his team on the park, losses in these opening two games could have a knock on effect in the games that immediately follow (St Mirren (h), Hamilton (a), Falkirk (a), ICT (h))

I fear we will go in not ready, but can only hope to be proved wrong, the sequence of fixtures gives us a chance to pick up points early if we can snatch something from those 1st two games. Two defeats and the heads could go down from the outset.

Professor.Arturo

GK

Banks or Basso (no problem there)

DEFENSE

Neilson Karipidis Berra Wallace (bit threadbare especially if Wallace or Berra leave)

MIDFIELD

Chesney or Miko Kingston Ruben or Eggy Driver or Beslija (good midfield)

STRIKERS

Glen new urgent signing or Makela

Another defender and a couple of decent strikers and I dont think we have too much to worry about.

Oh yes, and a MANAGER!

Fourcandles
GK

DEFENSE

Neilson Karipidis Berra Wallace (bit threadbare especially if Wallace or Berra leave)

MIDFIELD

STRIKERS

Another defender and a couple of decent strikers and I dont think we have too much to worry about.

Oh yes, and a MANAGER!

General Melchett....................... That's the spirit, George. If nothing else works, then a

total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face

will see us through.

Hearts 2 - 0 Motherwell

Miko (11)

Nade (52)

Optimitic or what?

It would put me on a downer straight away if the above 2 jokers were in the starting line up.:)

TBH we were so poor and we're all feeling so negative at the moment that we'll go to the game, be p!ss poor but it'll still feel like we were good.

Craigieboy

I just realised that I actually wrote this last night.

LOL. It made me laugh this morning.

:wacko:

Jambof3tornado
GK

DEFENSE

MIDFIELD

STRIKERS

Oh yes, and a MANAGER!

Barring the missing strikers(which we have moaned about for umpteen seasons now),that doesnt look too bad a line up for a top 6 finish which is surely the target nowadays.

If we can win the midfield battle and berra and Kara'p can continue to bond then we will do ok,better if someone up front can find the onion bag!!!

If motherwell are as good this season, as they were last, could be a good game.

these guys can play

davemclaren

Motherwell are pretty settled so we can be pretty sure what to expect from them. Hearts are......well, let's just wait and see. :cool:

I think it will be worse

Watching the first game last season I saw two very mediocre teams. I left concerned but relieved that Hibs looked just about as bad as us.

This season I wouldnt expect to see much positive from Hearts, but there is a good chance we'll see a settled Motherwell, with the manager we wanted playing good attractive football in beating us.

That will be more depressing IMO

Captain Lithuania
I will always be optimistic at the start of a new season even though i think we will realistically struggle to make top 6 again.

We WILL make the top 6, BELIEVE.

:107years::107years::107years: <<<< And believe that it will be 108

We WILL make the top 6, BELIEVE.

:107years::107years::107years: <<<< And believe that it will be 108

**** the top six, I (used to) expect at least Europe every season.

portobellojambo1
**** the top six, I (used to) expect at least Europe every season.

That is what happens though Gershwin, people are starting to look on top 6 as an achievement, I agree with you Hearts should be aiming for, sorry achieving European football every year based on the resources available to us (even more so if we can supplement those resuources with the sort of resource, a manager, we appear to have difficulty locating).

Its gony be a long season ahead,coz even if we do get a manager in thats any good and we sing his name the maddo will sack him,so we cant win either way:mad:

Its ridiculous

That people are now using getting into the top 6 as a measure of success shows how pathetic we have become.

We were never out of it (in the split format) until Romanov came along.

Europe is a successful season for us. Anything else isnt

Its ridiculous

That people are now using getting into the top 6 as a measure of success shows how pathetic we have become.

We were never out of it (in the split format) until Romanov came along.

Europe is a successful season for us. Anything else isnt

Precisely. If this was on hibs.net we'd never hear the end of it. The way people talk about the glory of a top 6 finish now is a joke, a total embarassment.

ToadKiller Dog

I dont see anybody claiming that finishing top 6 would be a success suporter1874 is clearly being sarcastic in his post.

So which people are saying a top 6 place would be a successful season?

I want a european place at worse any less is a failure.

all i see is doom and gloom

and if anybody was to be an expert on thegreateuropeanadventure.net it would be figoo.

portobellojambo1
I dont see anybody claiming that finishing top 6 would be a success suporter1874 is clearly being sarcastic in his post.

So which people are saying a top 6 place would be a successful season?

I want a european place at worse any less is a failure.

all i see is doom and gloom

and if anybody was to be an expert on thegreateuropeanadventure.net it would be figoo.

I have read his post over and over, and am still unable to determine the sarcasm or sarcastic tone within it, which I find perturbing because you indicate it is so obviously (clearly) sarcasm,

I already have an even worse feeling about the Motherwell game than I did about the opener last season.

Imeantasong
I already have an even worse feeling about the Motherwell game than I did about the opener last season.

Me too.

The last two pre-seasons were spent just hoping decent signings were round the corner.

Twice bitten....

I actually fear a few leaving when someone is appointed as "manager", not necessarily being replaced by anyone remotely good enough.

Walter Bishop
Playing a mediocre side.

We my friend, have already sunk! :sad:

Archived