Did Budge roll the dice too soon ?

pointon

The Treasurer
34 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Neilson’s last season:

Europa League second round qualifying defeat to Birkirkara of Malta.

Scottish League Cup second round (we don’t play in the first round) defeat to St Johnstone.

While the league form was decent (26 points from 15 games) - especially given what we’ve been through since - our second place was for a few days then Aberdeen won their game in hand and went above us. By comparison Aberdeen have 26 points after 13 games this season and have been shite.

Some of the football was dreadful to watch. Neilson, like most people, is benefitting from the passage of time. There were lows during his time (let’s not talk about the “money spinner” replay against Hibs) and some undeniable highs, I am not sure I want to watch some of it again though.

The fact is Neilson has the opportunity to win the Scottish Cup and the Scottish Championship. Winning those would elevate him to beyond legendary status. I’d give my left bollock for him to do it. He’ll need to find something extra between now and 20th December though.

OK, fair enough 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• davemclaren

• Riccarton3

• Ethan Hunt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Neilson’s last season:

Europa League second round qualifying defeat to Birkirkara of Malta.

Scottish League Cup second round (we don’t play in the first round) defeat to St Johnstone.

While the league form was decent (26 points from 15 games) - especially given what we’ve been through since - our second place was for a few days then Aberdeen won their game in hand and went above us. By comparison Aberdeen have 26 points after 13 games this season and have been shite.

Some of the football was dreadful to watch. Neilson, like most people, is benefitting from the passage of time. There were lows during his time (let’s not talk about the “money spinner” replay against Hibs) and some undeniable highs, I am not sure I want to watch some of it again though.

The fact is Neilson has the opportunity to win the Scottish Cup and the Scottish Championship. Winning those would elevate him to beyond legendary status. I’d give my left bollock for him to do it. He’ll need to find something extra between now and 20th December though.

Good post.

Malinga the Swinga
10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Worth remembering that Stendel had eight games less than expected to get the job done, eight games against the teams around us. We’ll never know what would have happened, but he can hardly be classed as a failure when the rug was pulled from under him.

The passage of time must also fade some memories. A wee visit back to the time he was appointed will refresh and might be a reminder for some as to the utter shit show he walked into. He was effectively trying to fight a forest fire with a garden hose.

I genuinely believe that if we had kept Stendel we would have been better off in the long run. He showed at Barnsley he could get a team out of a lower league and I have no doubt he’d have done the same at Hearts, especially given that the circumstances at the club have changed significantly.

All if’s, but’s and maybes, but the shite I am watching under Neilson will always have me thinking.

I genuinely believe that Stendel was incapable of motivating Hearts in biggest game of season v St Mirren. 

I genuinely believe that Stendel was incapable of setting out team v Hamilton in 2-2 draw. 

I genuinely believe Stendel couldn't set up a team to face opposition who sat back and played counter attack. 

I genuinely believe that Stendel played a keeper who couldn't save anything. If forced to play him, he should have quit. 

I genuinely believe that Neilson is a better manager than Stendel ever was or will be. 

No facts, just my opinion. 

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Neilson has the opportunity to win the Scottish Cup and the Scottish Championship. Winning those would elevate him to beyond legendary status. 

The usual zoomers would still find a reason to want him sacked and they'd look for it everywhere and anywhere. 

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I genuinely believe that Stendel was incapable of motivating Hearts in biggest game of season v St Mirren. 

I genuinely believe that Stendel was incapable of setting out team v Hamilton in 2-2 draw. 

I genuinely believe Stendel couldn't set up a team to face opposition who sat back and played counter attack. 

I genuinely believe that Stendel played a keeper who couldn't save anything. If forced to play him, he should have quit. 

I genuinely believe that Neilson is a better manager than Stendel ever was or will be. 

Most of them ARE facts. 

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I’m sure your genuine.