Diwali

SE16 3LN

Some years back when I lived and worked in Southall I used to look forward to Diwali. The friendship and hospitality was beyond words and there seemed to be a genuine warmth, love and inclusiveness in the celebrations. I don't know a lot about the origins of the festival of lights, but I do know that in simple terms it was about the triumph of good over evil and new beginnings. That, I'm sure you'll agree, seems particularly poignant today.

Happy Diwali.

I've enjoyed Diwali the last few years thanks to our next door neighbours. Lovely young Indian family who always invited us through to share it. I took the young dad, Prakesh, to Tynecastle a couple of years back. His first ever football game. 

Sadly, they moved down to Newcastle, for work reasons, just prior to the Covid lock down. 

We miss them. 

Shanks said no

Wished my next door neighbour a happy one earlier, they seemed very pleased and offered me some scran across the fence. They said they were having fireworks tonight and if that was ok, no problem considering the racket and dancing around the garden we did 2 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Wished my next door neighbour a happy one earlier, they seemed very pleased and offered me some scran across the fence. They said they were having fireworks tonight and if that was ok, no problem considering the racket and dancing around the garden we did 2 weeks ago.

Sounds like they were firing them off anyway, only let on because you got them into conversation.:whistling:

Shanks said no
34 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Sounds like they were firing them off anyway, only let on because you got them into conversation.:whistling:

Given what they must have spent on the display I suspect you are correct. Quite a bit of Corstorphine curtain twitching going on.