*** closed! Big Hearts Foodbank Collection 2020 ***

Dagger Is Back

Dagger Is Back

Big Hearts, Jambos Kickback and Heart Of Midlothian, are once again joining forces on 14 November to support the Community One Stop Shop. http://www.coss-broomhouse.org.uk/

The Community One Stop Shop has been assisting the residents of Broomhouse and the surrounding area, for over 18 years. In November 2012, they launched the Broomhouse Foodbank which offers free packs of food to families and individuals in crisis.

Last year Hearts fans kindly contributed 815kg of supplies and donated £2500, which allowed COSS to support hundreds of local families in need.

As you’d expect, there has been a massive increase in demand this year. In October, the amount of food parcels handed out increased by nearly 50%, and the amount of people fed increased by 150%, compared with the same month last year. A standard food parcel costs around £12 and lasts 3/4 days depending on the size of the household. COSS are expecting it to be a busy Christmas.

Covid has of course impacted our ability to run our normal event, so this years primary focus is on financial donations which will allow the Community One Stop Shop to buy additional supplies, and enable them to continue to support families into the New Year.  With the agreement of the JKB Board, we’ve set up a donations function to allow people to contribute financially to this worthwhile cause. This will run from 14 November until midnight on 2 December.

If you’d like to donate, please follow this link 

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/clients/donations/

If you’d like to donate goods in person you can still do this at COSS, 3 Broomhouse Market, Edinburgh, EH11 3UU

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Community+One+Stop+Shop/@55.9284769,-3.2813455,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4887c68508766487:0x63a5133410ab888d!8m2!3d55.9284769!4d-3.2791568

In particular they’d welcome donations of tinned puddings (rice pudding, custard, tinned fruit etc), toiletries (toothpaste, deodorant, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, conditioner etc) and toilet roll

JKB has a long and proud history of supporting many charitable causes and any donations will make a huge difference to local families in need.  A huge thank you in advance of your support.

I’d like to thank the JKB Board once again, for their valued advice, and support of this initiative.

COSS Foodbank Appeal (002).jpg

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Big Hearts Foodbank Collection 2020 ***

Donation made, getting close to 50% of the target already which is great.

Last time around, I used up nectar points to buy a couple of big bags of groceries at Sainsbury's.  Unfortunately I just converted my nectar points to vouchers in Sainsbury's 'double up' promotion, where you get twice the value for your points than normally, and blew the lot on wine!

Still, I'm enjoying a nice Chianti Classico as I type.

By the way, can I just check to confirm that these food parcels will be exclusively targeted at Hearts supporting families?   Wouldn't want any starving Hibs kid getting a square meal from JKB money.

::troll::

11 hours ago, RobNox said:

Donation made, getting close to 50% of the target already which is great.

Last time around, I used up nectar points to buy a couple of big bags of groceries at Sainsbury's.  Unfortunately I just converted my nectar points to vouchers in Sainsbury's 'double up' promotion, where you get twice the value for your points than normally, and blew the lot on wine!

Still, I'm enjoying a nice Chianti Classico as I type.

Enjoy your wine Rob ... you do your share

16 hours ago, RobNox said:

By the way, can I just check to confirm that these food parcels will be exclusively targeted at Hearts supporting families?   Wouldn't want any starving Hibs kid getting a square meal from JKB money.

::troll::

🤣

Dagger Is Back
23 hours ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Donation made. Do they need any practical help as well? 

They have a team of volunteers who are absolutely essential to what they do. Best thing to do is give Carol Swan a call on 0131 442 6223

Dagger Is Back

Huge thanks to everyone for their generous donations and supporting yet another worthwhile cause 

It's hugely appreciated

• davemclaren pinned this topic

We’ve now broken the original target of £1000. With two weeks to run I’ve reset the target to £2000 which would be an incredible amount to raise in the current climate. 

• davemclaren unpinned this topic
Blackford Hearts
On 16/11/2020 at 11:16, Dagger Is Back said:

They have a team of volunteers who are absolutely essential to what they do. Best thing to do is give Carol Swan a call on 0131 442 6223

Thank you. Cheers 

Dagger Is Back

Our players usually contribute to this initiative and this year is no different. Some photos from yesterdays collection

We currently stand at £1340 which in these times is just amazing. Thank you to everyone who is contributing financially, through volunteering or dropping donations in to COSS

InstaStory1.jpg

InstaStory2.jpg

SocialMedia3.png

5 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Take a bow JKB

👏👏👏👏👏

The generosity of JKB members never fails to impress me.

56 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The generosity of JKB members never fails to impress me.

Also a lot of non members have donated as well. 

Dagger Is Back

£200 short of a thrice reset target of £3k is just unbelievable. This will close next week so still some time to help out if you can

Thanks to all who’ve contributed to COSS

A little bump made to get us to 3.2k, would be great if we can add a bit more before the deadline, maybe even worth extending the deadline?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** last day!! Big Hearts Foodbank Collection 2020 ***
  • davemclaren changed the title to *** closes at midnight!! Big Hearts Foodbank Collection 2020 ***
  • davemclaren changed the title to *** closed! Big Hearts Foodbank Collection 2020 ***
  • davemclaren pinned and locked this topic