• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• Independence

• maroonsgotop

• davemclaren

been here before
22 minutes ago, Ally Bee said:

For the £1.99 we paid for postage it could easily have been sent guaranteed next day delivery.

I sent a parcel "guaranteed 24 hr delivery" last Friday.

Finally turned up at its destination in the Midlands 6 days later.

The whole service is farcical.

26 minutes ago, Ally Bee said:

For the £1.99 we paid for postage it could easily have been sent guaranteed next day delivery.

There is no guarantee just now. I know lots of people waiting on deliveries that were sent 'guaranteed' next day delivery and this is after 4, 5 and one a week of waiting. It's a small problem compared to what some people are experiencing just now. 

been here before
14 minutes ago, Independence said:

There is no guarantee just now. I know lots of people waiting on deliveries that were sent 'guaranteed' next day delivery and this is after 4, 5 and one a week of waiting. It's a small problem compared to what some people are experiencing just now. 

Why the **** do people keep coming out with this pish like they're some sort of Seer capable of seeing things the rest of us mere mortals have no insight to.

No-one is comparing a shite service from the Royal Mail to someones granny dying or a loved one lying in intensive care. I think its fair to say most people have a reasonably good angle on that.

But despite "what some people are experiencing just now" whinging ones bollocks off about shite that in the grand scheme of life isnt that important hasnt, as yet, been banned.

Nor does it have the slightest effect on "what some people are experiencing just now". So why not just gies peace with this sanctimonious pish and let folk moan eh?

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Why the **** do people keep coming out with this pish like they're some sort of Seer capable of seeing things the rest of us mere mortals have no insight to.

No-one is comparing a shite service from the Royal Mail to someones granny dying or a loved one lying in intensive care. I think its fair to say most people have a reasonably good angle on that.

But despite "what some people are experiencing just now" whinging ones bollocks off about shite that in the grand scheme of life isnt that important hasnt, as yet, been banned.

Nor does it have the slightest effect on "what some people are experiencing just now". So why not just gies peace with this sanctimonious pish and let folk moan eh?

Okay, thanks for your comments. However, I will ignore them completely and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

been here before
1 minute ago, Independence said:

Okay, thanks for your comments. However, I will ignore them completely and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Thats a worry.

But not as much as what some people are experiencing just now.

Ordered mine on the 13th dec through ignition sports media online same story 1.99 delivery don’t mind that tbh was just looking forward to receiving it for the final disappointed it’s not arrived 

If we're still not back in next season, it would be good if the club could look into getting a few boxes couriered to the club shop for sale.

Apreciate that that won't help folk who aren't around  the Edinburgh area.

been here before
20 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Anyone still waiting on a programme from Sunday?

Aye. Never had sight nor sound of a postie for days.

Ladbrokes arent taking odds on Saturdays one arriving at all.

Not arrived yet, but I'm not surprised as I had mail that was posted first class 7 days ago arriving through my letterbox this lunchtime. Rather than putting the price of post up, Royal Mail should be compensating customers for its dismal performance. To blame on Covid (they have had 8 months to redesign how they work) and Christmas (it's not like we've never had one before) is rather lame. 

Francis Albert

My double programme for the Ayr and Arbroath games arrived yesterday and impressively includes a double spread page on the final - admittedly just one sentence and one picture of the team lined up for the penalty shoot out. All programmes have arrived at latest on the morning of the game. So poor performance suffered by many is certainly down to the Post Office not Curtis Sport. They even sent me a Christmas Card!

Francis Albert
Just now, Francis Albert said:

My double programme for the Ayr and Arbroath games arrived yesterday and impressively includes a double spread page on the final - admittedly just one sentence and one picture of the team lined up for the penalty shoot out. All programmes have arrived at latest on the morning of the game. So poor performance suffered by many (in relation to Hearts programmes) is certainly down to the Post Office not Curtis Sport. They even sent me a Christmas Card!

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Double post for a double programme. It took me a while to realise there was a double programme. 😎

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Double post for a double programme. It took me a while to realise there was a double programme. 😎

Me too. I thought at first there had been a printing error with one half printed upside down. 

My double post would have been neat if I could have made one of them upside down but the revamp doesn't provide that option.

been here before

Well.....

The doubler for Ayr and Arbroath has turned up... but still nothing for last Sunday.

Be lucky to see that this side of new year now.

will-i-am-a-jambo

I've still not received the Cup Final programme which l ordered on 13th Dec. For those still waiting: l emailed them and their office is now shut until 4th January. Extremely poor service. They can't even blame the Royal Mail as lve not even had it confirmed that it's been dispatched.

been here before

The programme for the game on 2nd Jan v Dundee is also available via Curtis Sport if you want to order it then change your mind.

1 hour ago, bigdav said:

Cup Final turned up this morning at the same time as the Ayr/Arbroath doubler so they are on their way.

Lucky you! I'm still waiting on both. It just goes to show how eratic/poor the service provided by the Royal Mail is. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, henryheart said:

Lucky you! I'm still waiting on both. It just goes to show how eratic/poor the service provided by the Royal Mail is. 

Should email a PDF version as well.

I'm still waiting on my Cup Final programme.  I emailed the company yesterday and got a prompt response to say it was defo posted out and issues may be with the Royal Mail.  

I've been getting mail every day, so I can't blame my local post office.   I did read that there had been a Covid breakout ( 40 people) at a large sorting office in Glasgow, so they may still be stuck there.

looks like I've been pretty lucky. cup Final one arrived on Tuesday (pre ordered via Ebay) and my QOS, Ayr/Arbroath & Dundee ones from Curtis Sports (ordered all at the same time) arrived today. I guess it's a bit of a lottery 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, maroonsgotop said:

looks like I've been pretty lucky. cup Final one arrived on Tuesday (pre ordered via Ebay) and my QOS, Ayr/Arbroath & Dundee ones from Curtis Sports (ordered all at the same time) arrived today. I guess it's a bit of a lottery 

A fiver and free lucky dip from yesterdays lottery, in it to win it.

My one arrived yesterday in deepest South London. My son and daughter looked at it and said "Why did you get one when you couldn't go and after that result?" My response - "Just see what it will be worth in 20 years' time (£7.00?!) and imagine the stories if we had won." Piece of history regardless of the result.

Still no “names” cup final programme with me in Dumfries, as of 23/12.  Regardless of COVID, it always seemed ambitious to send out programmes 8 days before Christmas and expect them to be delivered in a day or two.  I would assume that it was all, or nearly all, written weeks ago so why leave printing and distribution to the last minute?

On 24/12/2020 at 11:26, been here before said:

Well.....

The doubler for Ayr and Arbroath has turned up... but still nothing for last Sunday.

Be lucky to see that this side of new year now.

Still to receive mine too, but if it’s not here by Monday, I’ll be asking for my money back! 

been here before
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Ken...

On 24/12/2020 at 12:20, been here before said:

The programme for the game on 2nd Jan v Dundee is also available via Curtis Sport if you want to order it then change your mind.

Order now for March delivery. Alloa one should be up for grabs soon.

... still no cup final one mind

Edited by been here before

22 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ken...

Order now for March delivery. Alloa one should be up for grabs soon.

... still no cup final one mind

On 26/12/2020 at 13:22, Independence said:

Received my issue for the Ayr/Arbroathh game but no cup final programme!

On 25/12/2020 at 15:48, jambo89 said:

Still to receive mine too, but if it’s not here by Monday, I’ll be asking for my money back! 

Still not received cup final programme, have sent an email and received an out of office reply till 4 January message

On 25/12/2020 at 15:48, jambo89 said:

Just now, assessor said:

Just received cup final programme this morning.

Lucky you. I'm still waiting on my Cup Final and Ayr / Arbroath programmes. Maybe tomorrow.....or maybe not....

2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Still not received cup final programme, have sent an email and received an out of office reply till 4 January message

Yip, asked for a refund and got the automatic reply. Unlikely to receive it before the new year IMO and that’s pretty disgraceful considering they charge £2 for delivery! 

Joint issue arrived this morning - posted first class on the 22nd. Amongst my mail were two Christmas cards - one posted on the 12th (from Northern Ireland), the other on the 28th (from Glasgow), both second class.

Still no Cup Final programme, but based on my current experiences of the Royal Mail I'm not surprised. Maybe tomorrow.... or maybe not?

Gorgie Boot boy
13 minutes ago, cauther col said:

Cup final programme arrived today , completely forgot about it 😢

You just reminded me.

Thanks

Picked up my Cup Final programme on Sat 19th having pre-ordered from GP Programmes in Bathgate.

If you are based in West Lothian, George has a great wee shop to browse and is great for a blether (under normal conditions of course), but you can also do a click and collect from there during these tier 4 times.

Cowdenbeath, Alloa and Arbroath aways were issued and George had them all.

Great selection of non-league programmes from this season as well from many local clubs, Broxburn Athletic, Blackburn United, Stoneyburn, Edinburgh United, Penicuik and Leith Athletic.

Broxburn Athletic programmes this season also available from myself, having taken over editorial duties this season.