Naismith

kila

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I actually thought he was quiet and never did much.  I also think he has been poor since January. However, we won so all good.

Then you must not have been paying attention. The game changed when he and Haring came on. A very smart player, a voice and leader which we needed 

jamboinglasgow

I thought you could tell he was not yet up at match sharpness as he often overhit his passes, however his intelligence and experience made a huge difference. I thought when Naismith and Haring came on it should an exciting attacking team. Considering that was without Ginnelly (who I think is a great winger) and Walker when he is in his natural position (though he was not able to be used properly this evening so was off.)

That certain individuals who claim to hate Hibernian and yet cannot see the value he brings in games such as this is quite amusing. Wouldnt know a football player if they punted the ball at their face.

17 minutes ago, fila said:

Naismith and Haring drive us forward immediately , and it changed  the game.

Brilliant to be able to bring on two players better than anyone in the entire hobo squad.

I laugh at these clowns thinking they were miles ahead of us...

I thought he did well considering, he did have a few sloppy passes, which was to be expected with his lack of game time. but his attitude, coupled with Haring coming on and wighton going central is what changed it for us

Best player at the club by a mile and an absolute game changer when he came on for Walker.  Anyone who can’t see what he brings to the team needs to pack it in 

53 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

He, along with Haring and the formation tweak, changed the game.

Not sure if this was a master stroke by RN but pretty sure most on here would have had Naismith and Haring in starting line up if possible. Walker was burst after 30mins and aside from his cross for Wighton’s goal Lee was anonymous. 

Naismith especially was excellent and used all his experience in the last 10 to win lots of cheap free kicks, disrupt the game and wind the clock down. Nothing beats experience in these moments. 

Held them for the first half with the B-team then subbed on the A-team and gave them the dry boaby.

:greggy:

Edited by Cade

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I actually thought he was quiet and never did much.  I also think he has been poor since January. However, we won so all good.

Absolute nonsense

2 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Proved that he should be in ahead of Walker when fit.

A class above Walker, always has been, always will be.

A_A wehatethehibs

Looked a whole lot sharper. Keep playing him from the bench, keep him fresh for the final. It would be fitting for him to come on and win it against Celtic. 

8 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Naismith and Haring turned the game in our favour. 

Yeah I was lifted when they came on. I knew the double substitution from Robbie was a statement of intent. He spoken to them as they were going on. I can only imagine he said tear them a new one. It was all Robbies plan. 

Didn't think he was great but he is such a clever wee player knows how to do the shitty things that infuriates other fans buying cheap fouls out of nothing to mess up the flow of the game etc.Cant wait until he is back to full fitness.Him and Haring def had an effect.

Before he kicked a ball you could see the lift he gave the team and the fear suddenly in the hibs team.  It was same same on the first day of last season against Aberdeen.

We had Naismith, Haring, Irvin, White on the bench to come on, I had never even heard of the hibs subs, they wouldn’t instil fear in Brechin.

Phil D. Corners
9 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Naismith and Haring turned the game in our favour. 

This. 

we were giving away so many sloppy passes. 

scott herbertson

Brave from Robbie to leave on all the guys with yellow cards too

I'm a scaredy cat and that would have been in my mind with the subbies

portobellojambo1

While I thought we had held our own before his arrival I did think Naismith brought a calming influence to the team when he came on, with a lot of onfield guidance. When watching I thought I could hear someone barking out instructions about holding the ball, keeping calm, moving it forward, and it was something the pundits mentioned during their post match summary. It was similar to being inside Tynecastle when there was a lower crowd, per League Cup ties, and Pressley was captain, you could hear every instruction he was giving out.

We should get a lot of confidence from that game yesterday, and I think Naismith definitely looked a lot more mobile than towards the end of last and start of this season. Ginnelly was a miss as well, Haring is still building up fitness and Halliday is the same, although I thought he did well as well. There were a couple of crunching tackles he made that we have been missing in the recent past, and both of them involved treatment for an opposition player, we've lacked someone who can do that for a while.

A lot of positives to take from yesterday,and the basis of the team looking so much more comfortable for me stems from Hearts now being in a position we often were in the past, we had a very good keeper in between the posts.

Edited by portobellojambo1

7 hours ago, David McCaig said:

A class above Walker, always has been, always will be.

Definitely. Walker’s form in the friendlies and Betfred asked the question,  but it’s clear a fit Naismith should be playing every time. 

11 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Definitely. Walker’s form in the friendlies and Betfred asked the question,  but it’s clear a fit Naismith should be playing every time. 

Decent headache to have.

Walker, Naismith, Boyce, Wighton, Ginelly all in form and deserving a start and it's prob 3/4 from the 5 if all fit.

Roberts, Frear, Lee, Hendo, Moore, Whie all knowing they need to take a chance if they get it.

Haring, Halliday and Irving all competing for the mid 2 spots, with young McGill n Lee able there too. Who knows maybe even Damour.

Settled back 4. All with deputies (well, when Berra back anyway)

Craigy! And Stewart as backup.

I'd want to be 3rd/4th in Prem with that.

What a difference in balance the squad has.

10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Decent headache to have.

Walker, Naismith, Boyce, Wighton, Ginelly all in form and deserving a start and it's prob 3/4 from the 5 if all fit.

Roberts, Frear, Lee, Hendo, Moore, Whie all knowing they need to take a chance if they get it.

Haring, Halliday and Irving all competing for the mid 2 spots, with young McGill n Lee able there too. Who knows maybe even Damour.

Settled back 4. All with deputies (well, when Berra back anyway)

Craigy! And Stewart as backup.

I'd want to be 3rd/4th in Prem with that.

What a difference in balance the squad has.

Agree. Finally some decent balance to the squad that’s competitive and flexible.

StirlingJambo
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Naismith and haring completely changed the game when they came on 

Edited by StirlingJambo

8 hours ago, indianajones said:

Naismith and Haring were game changers tonight. 

Correct.  Both made it look effortless.  

Halliday and Lee looked like different players after they came on, and Boyce started to look like a striker again.  I thought White and Henderson played important roles when they came on as well.

Frustrating that we have a stronger squad in the championship than we did in the Premiership.

Edited by gashauskis9

Howdy Doody Jambo

We went from a championship team to a a Premiership team when Haring and Naismith came on, I'm sure Naisy raises the game of every other player also by 10% his influence is huge 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Great when he was on but...........fell over easy...........was very obvious........just saying like.

It was very obvious that was part of his game plan...

• 2 weeks later...
tartofmidlothian

Very scrappy game tonight at East Fife, but he was head and shoulders above everyone on the park. Looks almost back to his best.

7 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Very scrappy game tonight at East Fife, but he was head and shoulders above everyone on the park. Looks almost back to his best.

Agree

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

What sets him apart is attitude and desire.     Shortly after coming on he pushed up and closed down a defender in their half, and whilst doing it was ushering Frear (i think) to also push up.     He's head and shoulders above the rest in game management......he doesn't need to be at the top of his own game to have a significant impact on the team.   Oh to have 11 x his will to win. 

29 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

What sets him apart is attitude and desire.     Shortly after coming on he pushed up and closed down a defender in their half, and whilst doing it was ushering Frear (i think) to also push up.     He's head and shoulders above the rest in game management......he doesn't need to be at the top of his own game to have a significant impact on the team.   Oh to have 11 x his will to win. 

Two weeks some were saying he was a busted flush as well. I agree with you. 

49 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Also his great touch, footballing brain and instinct to go forward with the ball.

We are very lucky to have him and fingers crossed he stays fit. It's been ideal that we've been able to ease him into the season.

First player to get the ball and look to move forward last night. He’s class. He’s also really good at drawing fouls when we’re under pressure. Glad we’ve got him. Makes no difference if we’re playing Celtic or East Fife. The desire is there. Young ones should be taking note

Going to go out on a limb here. Thought he was sloppy at the weekend, but last night I think we would have drawn or lost if he hadn’t come on.  Overall team performance was very poor, but Naisy and Kingsley at least got a foot on the ball and calmed things down.  

11 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Agree. 

He not only makes a huge difference when he comes on himself but the whole team seem to gee up when he arrives on the park. 

He is a huge player for us and only hope he can stay fit. 

I think the whole team see him as the leader and react to him being there as opposed to Berra who just does not have the same effect imo. 

Within minutes of Naismith coming on the whole team played higher up the park and looked more on control of the game. 

10 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

If Naismith fails at management I will be gobsmacked. A total leader and knows football inside put. 

Absolutely. Should promote him to assistant in a year or two, and use him more sparingly as a player.