Roberts

NB GIN

Is he available as having Gino out is a massive blow. Hampden  is a large pitch and was  looking forward to the 2 of them playing. 
Gino looks out but no ideas with Roberts ??

Think we need at least one of them playing as there is a lack of pace in this team 

15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Feels a bit tight lips sink ships doesn't it. Thaymts fine I guess though I'd love to know about both or either!!!

I wondered about this when we were not seeing Naismith, if we were maybe not mentioning whether players were fit or not.

Probably talking pish because they wouldn't have been putting injured players on the bench.

But with us fans losing patience with the clubs fitness woes over the last couple years, I do wonder if they are maybe inclined to keep schtum if they had a few niggles.

Edited by davie1980

3 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I wondered about this when we were not seeing Naismith, if we were maybe not mentioning whether players were fit or not.

Probably talking pish because they wouldn't have been putting injured players on the bench.

But with us fans losing patience with the clubs fitness woes over the last couple years, I do wonder if they are maybe inclined to keep schtum if they had a few niggles.

Maybe just not wanting to give the opposition anything?

Perth to Paisley

I heard that a Gordon  Smith  Hackett, Popescu, Kingsley, Lee  Haring, Irvine, Walker  Gino, Roberts, White, Berra  Bradley Henderson, Moore,  Zlamal Frear, Boyce and the Goal Machine are all out.

Naismith on his own should be enough to beat the muppet men!

(Forgot to mention Rudi is back in on an emergency loan)

No news is good news, they are unlikely to announce someone is fit as thats the normal starting point. News worthy of an announcement would be "Gino/ Roberts out for XXX". We'd usually hear within a few days if an injury picked up in a game is longer term. 

41 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Feels a bit tight lips sink ships doesn't it. Thaymts fine I guess though I'd love to know about both or either!!!

That'll be loose lips. :rofl:

Edited by ri Alban

I'm guessing, (desperately hoping) that Roberts wasn't in the squad on Friday because RN didn't think three wingers were required, and he wanted to give Frear a run.

As for Naismith, surely he wouldn't be on the bench if he wasn't fit? I'm expecting him to be unleashed on Saturday, possibly with Walker on the bench.

Roberts and Frear will offer us enough width on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm guessing, (desperately hoping) that Roberts wasn't in the squad on Friday because RN didn't think three wingers were required, and he wanted to give Frear a run.

As for Naismith, surely he wouldn't be on the bench if he wasn't fit? I'm expecting him to be unleashed on Saturday, possibly with Walker on the bench.

Thinks he's been wrapped in cotton wool to play in this

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Might have had surgery?

Edited by Sir Gio

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Might have had surgery?  :)

Or Hot Lips?

Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan | Monster M*A*S*H | Fandom

2 hours ago, andythejambo said:

Roberts was seen training on the STV 6 O'clock News tonight, as part of the Haring interview, in the Sport section.

I’m taking that as a positive. 

SomethingAboutObua

Hopefully we're just not revealing anything but the initial silence on Ginnelly makes me think he'll be out. Why was Roberts out v Arbroath though?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m taking that as a positive. 

Often show clips off file. Didn't see the clip,  if it featured any interviews then at least there is a chance it was today 

2 hours ago, andythejambo said:

Roberts was seen training on the STV 6 O'clock News tonight, as part of the Haring interview, in the Sport section.

Sky are a bunch of squids for stopping the availability of the Edinburgh sports coverage for us pilgrims in the barren land of the West.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

We now relying on Roberts to get us to the final aye? :surprised:

Don't think anyone is saying we are relying on Roberts.

But it doesn't take a genius to figure out wide men are going to be key players for us this season.

17 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I hope Frear is no where near the starting line up on Saturday. He was dreadful last Friday night.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Don't think anyone is saying we are relying on Roberts.

But it doesn't take a genius to figure out wide men are going to be key players for us this season.

I don't think I've seen him take on a man and beat him yet. Likes to go wide then pass the ball back the way from what I've seen.

Hopefully he will make me eat my words on Saturday (If he's in the squad).

14 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Sky are a bunch of squids for stopping the availability of the Edinburgh sports coverage for us pilgrims in the barren land of the West.

Scroll to the bottom of this link to add STV East into your Sky box Colin.

https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertainment/broadcasting/feature/how-to-access-other-itv-regions-through-sky_408988.html

19 hours ago, TheBigO said:

18 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That was a bit of a damp squid :ninja:

19 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Loose lips!

Edit: beaten to it by miles!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertainment/broadcasting/feature/how-to-access-other-itv-regions-through-sky_408988.html

That is absolutely brilliant.  It has still identified the channel after changing settings as STV HD but I take it that it's now the "East" version.   It should lessen the times I have to suffer Raman and his Old Firm smile.

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, weehammy said:

If Levein was still here they’d be fit ‘in a couple of weeks’.

But he's not, not Been manager for  about a year. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

I hope Frear is no where near the starting line up on Saturday. He was dreadful last Friday night.

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Frear is utter pony. Hopefully nowhere near the pitch on Saturday. 

How many times he played? 

He hasn't got the most persuasive CV.  Mind you, neither did Hartley.

Not pinning too many hopes on him.

Realise that we can't afford players with impressive CVs.

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How many times he played? 

🤣 He's had his chance. 

Imagine a winger being inconsistent, unheard of. 

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I don't think I've seen him take on a man and beat him yet. Likes to go wide then pass the ball back the way from what I've seen.

Hopefully he will make me eat my words on Saturday (If he's in the squad).

You could say the same about Frear.

5 hours ago, iainmac said:

13 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

So much for STV East, Celtic and then Rangers women's teams!!!

When I changed the settings on the Sky Q box it only offered STV HD and ITV HD.  Could anyone let me know if the STV East news tonight was as Glasgow-centric as usual.  Not sure if it is allowed as I used to have STV East but it was removed some time ago.

Pasquale for King

Stv news said he’s fit and Ginnelly will be assessed later in the week, good news. We need a big performance from Roberts on Saturday. 

24 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

When I changed the settings on the Sky Q box it only offered STV HD and ITV HD.  Could anyone let me know if the STV East news tonight was as Glasgow-centric as usual.  Not sure if it is allowed as I used to have STV East but it was removed some time ago.

STV East led with Hearts on the sport so seems like you still have the wrong region. 

3 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

STV East led with Hearts on the sport so seems like you still have the wrong region. 

Thanks, it's what I thought.  These spongers have obviously put the kibosh on it, because I did change the settings.

20 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Thanks, it's what I thought.  These spongers have obviously put the kibosh on it, because I did change the settings.

I get STV East in Newcastle Colin.

I don't have Sky Q though so not sure if that's the problem.

Hearts were the lead item on tonight's edition.

Edited by iainmac

17 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I get STV East in Newcastle Colin.

I don't have Sky Q though so not sure if that's the problem.

Hearts were the lead item on tonight's edition.

I suspect in Scotland it might be STV that are the problem.  Forced to use STV Player and no access to any ITV channels, all of which used to be readily available.

julienbrellier

we could use both of them saturday.

still can't find anything saying how long they will be out for. Can assume from that they have a chance of being ok for the match

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson has revealed Josh Ginnelly could make Saturday’s Scottish Cup semi-final with Hibs.

Roberts also training and hopes to be fit

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

we could use both of them saturday.

still can't find anything saying how long they will be out for. Can assume from that they have a chance of being ok for the match

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-provides-josh-ginnelly-and-jordan-roberts-update-hibs-clash-hearts-get-huge-john-souttar-boost-3017013