Barça v Madrid

Stephane Grappelli

Always amusing to see a bunch of Scots losing their grip over the Spanish Old Firm. 

It’s not just UK fans. You mention either team or “Messi” or “Ronaldo” online and it degenerates at pace into an internet pagger between folk in Mumbai and Khartoum. I don’t get it. 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Always amusing to see a bunch of Scots losing their grip over the Spanish Old Firm. 

It’s not just UK fans. You mention either team or “Messi” or “Ronaldo” online and it degenerates at pace into an internet pagger between folk in Mumbai and Khartoum. I don’t get it. 

"We" won el clasico!! :laugh2:

I'm with you, I'll never understand how a man can support anyone but their local team, or why they would get into it on their local team's forum, but to each their own eh?

Stephane Grappelli
59 minutes ago, Smithee said:

"We" won el clasico!! :laugh2:

I'm with you, I'll never understand how a man can support anyone but their local team, or why they would get into it on their local team's forum, but to each their own eh?

The Terrace is for HMFC and football in general. It's nice to have a wee break from Hearts chat from time to time.

I'll never understand posters who live a Walter Mitty existence on here to get validation from complete strangers but I don't judge them for it. Each to their own.

5 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

The Terrace is for HMFC and football in general. It's nice to have a wee break from Hearts chat from time to time.

I'll never understand posters who live a Walter Mitty existence on here to get validation from complete strangers but I don't judge them for it. Each to their own.

I didn't say it shouldn't be posted, I didn't say it shouldn't be discussed, I was just laughing at Scottish people all chuffed "they" won el clasico and getting pissy about the conversation on their local team's forum.

As I said, I'll never understand how a man can support anyone but their local team, or why they would get into it on their local team's forum. But to each their own eh?

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I didn't say it shouldn't be posted, I didn't say it shouldn't be discussed, I was just laughing at Scottish people all chuffed "they" won el clasico and getting pissy about the conversation on their local team's forum.

As I said, I'll never understand how a man can support anyone but their local team, or why they would get into it on their local team's forum. But to each their own eh?

Nobody on the thread was claiming to have won the clasico, I certainly wasn't.   As I've said before it was a completely impartial post about arguably the biggest club match in the world and the decline of one of the all time great players.  Some people chose to get a bit ratty about it but that's their concern.

9 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Nobody on the thread was claiming to have won the clasico, I certainly wasn't.   As I've said before it was a completely impartial post about arguably the biggest club match in the world and the decline of one of the all time great players.  Some people chose to get a bit ratty about it but that's their concern.

I didn't say you were, I haven't mentioned or reffered to you, I was replying to another poster's thoughts on the subject. It's you that placed yourself in the line of fire, not me. 

Stephane Grappelli
22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I didn't say you were, I haven't mentioned or reffered to you, I was replying to another poster's thoughts on the subject. It's you that placed yourself in the line of fire, not me. 

I didn't say that you did.

If the Walter Mitty reference touched a nerve that's not my concern.

20 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I didn't say that you did.

If the Walter Mitty reference touched a nerve that's not my concern.

You won, you'd think you'd be in a better mood!