UKIO BANKAS

ericb

Isn't it a very obvious indication of the situation we find ourselves in, that we go into games with the name of a bank splattered across the front of our shirt that only has branches in Lithuania, and international offices in Khazakstan and Ukraine?

Yeah, they're bound to be using it as a marketing tool, and not some twisted way of debt reduction / tax evasion * I've no idea what, but there has to be an underhand reason.

On the official site, which only spouts lies, or blatant spin, we were told we'd employed someone to get a real sponsor. Obviously they couldn't find one, which says it all, or perhaps probably more nearer the truth, they weren't allowed one. Either way we weren't told, just were expected to work it out by the appearance of UKIO on the strips once again. :dontgetit:

ToadKiller Dog

If the inside information is to believed and who kmows what is true and what isn,t than the deals that were found were not up to the level looked for so they stuck with the UKIOS bank,it was also posted on here a week or so that the Edinburgh branch expects to open very soon ,but again have heard that before.

Craigieboy

Its a joke isn't it?

I'm still astonished that Umbro got into bed with VR.

Three years ago people were falling over themselves to be involved with Hearts.

Now though........

Canadianjambo
If the inside information is to believed and who kmows what is true and what isn,t than the deals that were found were not up to the level looked for so they stuck with the UKIOS bank,it was also posted on here a week or so that the Edinburgh branch expects to open very soon ,but again have heard that before.

It's opening the same day as the new stand/hotel.

My guess is, that the on-going Ukio sponsorship might have something to do with the bank seeking outside (of Lithuania) funding for the new stand and hotel.

I'd imagine that ?51m + in the current climate wouldn't be too easy to raise, especially for a bank of Ukio's size.

My guess is, that the on-going Ukio sponsorship might have something to do with the bank seeking outside (of Lithuania) funding for the new stand and hotel.

I'd imagine that ?51m + in the current climate wouldn't be too easy to raise, especially for a bank of Ukio's size.

What, and having their name across the front of an SPL team is going to help them? It's all tangled up in a nasty web of debt / interest payments / write offs.

What, and having their name across the front of an SPL team is going to help them? It's all tangled up in a nasty web of debt / interest payments / write offs.

Well, there's the old adage....that there's no such thing as bad publicity :-)

The reason we have UKIO as a sponsor is that no other company will touch us with a bargepole. Just like no manager will touch us with a bargepole and we can't even get a player to touch us with a bargepole. It's a total shambles.

Seymour M Hersh

Where do you get your inside information from? You seem so well informed and knowledgeable.

luckystrike

Does anyone know what the actual deal is with Ukio Bankas and the sponsorship, do they actually pay the club anything and if so how much?

LiamWallace
Does anyone know what the actual deal is with Ukio Bankas and the sponsorship, do they actually pay the club anything and if so how much?

can't think that it would be worth there time putting money into the club for sponsership just to have it payed back to them later surely we could off got someone who wanted to sponser the shirts.

john brownlee
The reason we have UKIO as a sponsor is that no other company will touch us with a bargepole. Just like no manager will touch us with a bargepole and we can't even get a player to touch us with a bargepole. It's a total shambles.

would you rather have Macbain

maroonedinoz

Its never going to happen during Vlad's time of course, without a significant change of heart, but even a sposnosr appearing on our shirts that wasn't connected with Eastern eruope would lift our spirits I think.

It would give us hope that the 'dark corridor secrecy' that appears to be Vlad's way of doing things was maybe being rethought, and that we were not totally divorcing ourselves from Scottish/British footballing/business culture.

Unfortunatley the way I see the club as being run, is as a totally foreign enterprise trying to ignore the actual business and social environment in which it actually sits.

Bit like airlifting a polar bear into the middle of the Australian desert and expecting him to do normal polar bear things.

Only thing that leads to is....extinction.

Vlad HAS to adapt....a non Lithuanian shirt sponsor may be the first sign that he is starting to realise that.

But then again, don't hold your breath...

I agree with this.

Ukio Bankas have no business in the UK. And in the countries where they have a business, Hearts are watched by Vlad and his mate in that cafe (though his mate has come up with a surprisingly enterprising number of reasons/excuses why he hasn't been able to join Vlad in the past 2 and a half years:dribble:).

Hearts made a big splash out of bringing in a big name agency to find a sponsor. According to a poster's theory - they set a 'brand value' for Hearts but no-one was willing to pay it. So VR has had to get one of his companies to cross-subsidise another.

Of course it isn't really doing Ukio Bankas any good - as their share price continues to slide ...

$ilvery_Moon

You know that for fact do you?

scots civil war

i reckon even an indian elephant knows that by now

we are unbeatable ??? pfff,were ****ing untouchable allrite.........desperate football professionals will only deal with us imo

as for our shirt sponsor being emblazoned across the chests of the famous maroon.............

and it has no branches of business in the uk but retains the clubs debt,the awful truth is right there

oh dear,oh dear,oh dear...............its your own doing vlad,you reap what you sew indeed

Seymour M Hersh
?

McBean (sic) perhaps? Hobo sponsors a few years ago and makers of waterproof clothing for labourers!

Archived