How many points will we piss this league by?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't actually care. I want it wrapped up as soon as possible so that there are no doubts over restoration (I refuse to call it promotion).

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don't actually care. I want it wrapped up as soon as possible so that there are no doubts over restoration (I refuse to call it promotion).

Come on Geoffrey, live a little

Tenaciousdandy

I honestly can't see Robbie's team dropping many points so going for at least 15 points minimum, hoping ICT manage to get second and both St Mirren and Hamilton get relegated 

10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m going 17.

Place your bets.

Are you on ecstasy this evening?

That's two positive posts I've seen you make today.

I have absolutely no doubt we will be at the top of the league - what worries me is the discussions between SPFL top league clubs on what the decision will be if the season is cut short!

Bazzas right boot

The most we can get is 81.

I reckon another team will get about 50-55 if they can break from the others. 

If not the second placed team might hit max 45 ish points 

We can get 65+ easily imo, should be enough 

If another team can win most of thier games it might be tighter than folk think. 

For example, if Dundee, Ayr, dunfermline ict canabilse each other then we'll be well clear but if 1 breaks away it could be interesting. 

I don't know if 1 other team can break clear of that pack, I don't know enough of the other squads to make a call on that tbh. 

1 hour ago, Gone said:

I'm in the one game at a time camp.

Arbroath next will be tougher than tonight

Me too. Feck this "we'll scoosh this" malarkey.

It’s going to get harder. The stuffing we gave Dundee and other teams will be scared now so we have a season of two lines of defence against us hoping they can get something on the break. At least Dundee tried to play tonight. 

john brownlee

And don't forget to take he weggie refs into consideration, they will do everything in their power to stop us braking any kind of record.

We've got a bit of a reprieve at the end of the month.  A nailbiter against Alloa at home has been postponed in favour of a stroll at Hampden.

Sometimes you need a bit of luck like that.

I suspect most teams will sit back and turn games against us into a borefest, aiming to escape with a draw. Which IMO will be more difficult than against Dundee. Having said that Dunfermline, Dundee & ICT will be our closest competitors and we are well better than them. Therefore I'm gonna go with 17 points.

SpruceBringsteen
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This. Once again it's an embarrassment that we're in this joke league, once again we'll piss it. 

Let's no glorify it however.

I don’t care if we only win it by 1 point, as long as we finish top at end of season.

There will be harder games to come on tight pitches on cold and wet Friday nights against teams who will want to kick us off the park or who will sit in and tell us, break us down. We just need to do what we did last time win the games while others drop points. 

Last night fired out a statement of intent. A mullering of Arbroath next week makes an even bigger statement IMO.

9 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

I honestly can't see Robbie's team dropping many points so going for at least 15 points minimum, hoping ICT manage to get second and both St Mirren and Hamilton get relegated 

think I’d combust if that played out

Bazzas right boot

We'll win the league no matter what. 

Hibs are in the way of a cup final. 

2 games from a sc win is what's on my mind. 

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

22 wins from 27

3 draws

2 defeats

69 points/81 pounts

80 goals for / 25 against

You read my mind 👍

9 hours ago, redjambo said:

Yeah, all other chat is a bit, well, rangers

Ex member of the SaS

Remember it's Hearts we are discussing. We never do it the easy way! Will be well happy to be one point clear at the top at the end or whenever they call the leagues. Don't think it will be a repeat of our last stint down here.

Ex member of the SaS
6 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

Hearts to win the league, Raith to finish bottom. That will do me.

I would swap Raith for Scumdee.

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That is very well put, restoration not promotion.

Selkirkhmfc1874

This

This. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

This was my thoughts as soon as I saw the thread title. It's paramount that we win the league as early as possible to remove one excuse not to restore our place in the top league. We all know Dundee Utd hadn't won the league when the season was stopped but still got promoted, and every possible argument was put forward in their support for that, but we can be sure that, should the season be called prematurely again, then Hearts being top of the league at that point won't be viewed as 'winning promotion' in the same way as United was. We can be pretty sure, too, that even if we have won the league early that those who were happy to put us down would be just as happy to find an excuse to keep us down, but such an excuse would be just a bit harder to enforce (morally, at least) had we already secured the league, especially since a precedent had already been set that says being at the top of the league when it's stopped prematurely means you've won the league and gained promotion (in our case, reinstatement).

I do wonder, though, if during the tribunal an argument in support of Utd's gift of promotion was upheld and will, therefor, ensure that being top at the premature ending of a season means you have won the league and gained promotion. If that is the case it may well mean all the cost and the trauma of our legal action was well worth it.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'll win the league no matter what. 

Hibs are in the way of a cup final. 

2 games from a sc win is what's on my mind. 

You’ll be fine. You’ll have a team to back in the final no matter who wins the derby 😂 

One swallow a summer does not make.

Let us see after 27 games, if all 27 get played.

Arbroath away on a Friday night in late October is no picnic, especially if the wind is blowing off the North Sea and its pissing with rain.

18 hours ago, redjambo said:

I understand the excitement after pumping Dundee. And why not? But didn't we beat Rangers and Hibs last season before losing to Hamilton and St Mirren? Lets see how league is going at xmas before we decide we will get 90 points and win by 30. A heavy defeat by Hibs in the cup and you know how quickly the euphoria will turn to anger

There's likely very little between the other 9 sides so I can see them all getting results v each other. 

Which means we'll pish it even more.

Not buying into this thread. Think we win the league comfortably but our recent shite has put me in a constant state of doubt regarding us.