Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

• AlimOzturk

• DS98

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yes. While it was an innovative move to try playing without a keeper for the 2019/20 season, I think Neilson's reversionย to a more orthodox approach by actually having a goalie might just improve our chances.

:sob:ย I want to laugh but itโ€™s too close to the truth

jambogirlglasgow
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yes. While it was an innovative move to try playing without a keeper for the 2019/20 season, I think Neilson's reversionย to a more orthodox approach by actually having a goalie might just improve our chances.

ย 

Thatโ€™s almost funny. But itโ€™s still too soon!ย 

ginger jambo98
6 minutes ago, Gone said:

Whereas Jack Hamilton looked like a Joel Pereira tribute act

No, Pereira is even worse than Jack. He had no chan e with any of those goals and made a couple of decent stops. Delighted he's not our keeper though.ย 

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Mmmm not wanting to dampen yourย humour but Robbie previously told us Jack Hamilton โ€œwas always going to be our number one this seasonโ€.

8 minutes ago, Gone said:

ย 

ย 

They should try that boy Marshall (?) in goal. Thought that was a decent save from the Boyce shot. ๐Ÿ˜

2 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

No, Pereira is even worse than Jack. He had no chan e with any of those goals and made a couple of decent stops. Delighted he's not our keeper though.ย 

ย 

JP's better with his feet and they're both equally as bad at stopping imo

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

27 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We are so lucky to have the big man back! ๐Ÿ‘

I did not really want him back as I thought he was done but happy to admit I am 100% wrong and now remember how he isย 

Scottie Wanshot.
1 hour ago, ginger jambo98 said:

I wonder if Pereira is still playing. ???

SectionDJambo

You can sense the lack of panic in our defence knowing he is there, instead of the likes of what weโ€™ve had over the last few seasons.

There was a time, even during the dark days of the 70s and early 80s, that we had excellent goalkeepers, with a couple or so exceptions.ย 
Just think.

ย Cruickshank, Smith, Niemi, Gordon, Kello, to name just 5.

Wilson, Dunlop, Nelson, Pereira, Kurskisย to name another 5.

2 hours ago, Gone said:

If an empty crisp packet, caught by a breeze, blew across the pitch, it would be the closest thing you'd ever be likely to see to an authentic Joel Perreira tribute act!ย 

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

ย 

ย 

They should try that boy Marshall (?) in goal. Thought that was a decent save from the Boyce shot. ๐Ÿ˜

The Boyce shot was close to going out for a throw-in though!ย 

8 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

I wonder if Pereira is still playing. ???

He's on loan at Huddersfield. On the bench for their last game i think.

Mid Calder Jambo
9 hours ago, Australis said:

The defence were much more solid knowing Craig is playing behind them.

I didn't really see a defence last night.ย  I saw guys at the back that were trying to start an attack.ย  Even Craig was moving the ball quickly and starting the process of going forward..ย  None of last years pedestrian two steps forward then back to the goalie. Great to have him back.

Jambof3tornado
9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Lol

26 minutes ago, bigdav said:

He's on loan at Huddersfield. On the bench for their last game i think.

Changed his nickname from El Gato to El Gateaux because when he plays, the six yard box is desserted.ย 

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The Boyce shot was close to going out for a throw-in though!ย 

tbf, he slipped .. one a of a few players to slip..

He oozes class, & gives the whole team confidence.ย 
ย 

So, who wants to own up to greeting about him coming back?ย 

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

that one save where a deflection changed the direction and he had to quicky change the direction he dived was great

yep

Loved the way he continually threw the ball out to a teammate. Many of our attacks started with the big man.ย 

ย 

Superb goalie. We're lucky to have him.ย 

19 hours ago, Gone said:

ย 

JP's better with his feet and they're both equally as bad at stopping imo

Remarkably I thought Jack had improved with the ball at his feet, not much else mind

18 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Great Keeper. Back home where he belongs ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Definitely. Feel a lot better with him in goals and there is something thats just right about having the big man back.ย 

ย 

Really gutted he's 37 though. Heres hoping he can give us 3/4 seasons. Considering he lost 2 years of his career to injury, I'm keen to see if the adding them on at the end thing really is true. If Buffon can still be going into his 40s, then no reason Craig can't at our level.ย 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

ย 

Definitely. Feel a lot better with him in goals and there is something thats just right about having the big man back.ย 

ย 

Really gutted he's 37 though. Heres hoping he can give us 3/4 seasons. Considering he lost 2 years of his career to injury, I'm keen to see if the adding them on at the end thing really is true. If Buffon can still be going into his 40s, then no reason Craig can't at our level.ย 

Was thinking the same the other day mate. Modern day goalkeepers can and will play on a lot longer. Just hope the big mans legs hold up - if this happens no reason we canโ€™t have 3-4 more seasons, and good seasons.ย 
ย 

Like u said, it just feels right ๐Ÿ‘

Edited by Hearts1975
Edit

On 16/10/2020 at 22:46, ginger jambo98 said:

I admire your loyalty to Jackย Hamilton but Craig would have saved two of these without much fuss.ย 

5 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Remarkably I thought Jack had improved with the ball at his feet, not much else mind

Still duffed a couple

OP spot on! Even at Craig's age he is easily one of the top 5 goalkeepers in the country! Stewart is looking like a very decent back up goalie too. Great to have decent options in goals again!

ginger jambo98
9 hours ago, feedthefox said:

I admire your loyalty to Jackย Hamilton but Craig would have saved two of these without much fuss.ย 

....... But Pereira wouldn't which was the point being made. No admiration in my pot for Jack.ย