The Pieman.

Munch

I had vowed on a previous thread to ensure the pieman would get it tight from me this season, my problem is i have just changed my seats from the old stand ,too Section C in the wheatfield, what with the old stand coming down etc, i wanted to ensure seats in the ground when the re development works are being undertaken.

Can anyone take up the mantle who sits near the directors box, and ensure his fat face goes red again.

I still blame this fat git for all this mess, if he had ran the club properly,we would not be in this current situation.:Bazooka:

Guest Maroon Carpet
I had vowed on a previous thread to ensure the pieman would get it tight from me this season, my problem is i have just changed my seats from the old stand ,too Section C in the wheatfield, what with the old stand coming down etc, i wanted to ensure seats in the ground when the re development works are being undertaken.

Can anyone take up the mantle who sits near the directors box, and ensure his fat face goes red again.

I still blame this fat git for all this mess, if he had ran the club properly,we would not be in this current situation.:Bazooka:

Yeah, you can't argue with that, the blame also lies with Leslie Deans also.

Pieman was at the helm, when it all went wrong, he lied to us at the AGM, the one he was lucky to escape alive from.

Yet he still pitches up to the games, he must have skin as thick as a kangaroos.:sterb147:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wonder how many people who say that criticise the finances of the 1997-98 season when we lost ?2m?

And that isn't a defence of Robinson. It's pointing out that when things are good, no one gives a donald duck about the finances.

The man should be publicly hanged.

I offer my services for free, to be the hangman, im waiting on the call.:evil:

jamboinglasgow
I offer my services for free, to be the hangman, im waiting on the call.:evil:

so let me get this right, at a time we should be going at Romanov your still going at CPR?

kingantti1874

didn't leslie deans leave the club because he did not want to borrow the money from smg, which is a major factor in our current situation!

Geoff Kilpatrick
didn't leslie deans leave the club because he did not want to borrow the money from smg, which is a major factor in our current situation!

Yep, despite backing it in public, because most Hearts fans did as well.

Correct, he warned Pieman that if SMG, opted to get there money back plus interest it would be the doomsday scenario, Pieman sailed us into troubled waters thinking they would accept shares which off course they did not.

Then put us in a position where it was Vlad, or Murrayfield, God knows where it will end, but i sure as hell know where it started.

PIEMAN.:Bazooka:

Billy the Jambo

I hate the pieman as much as the next Hearts supporter .I was banned from Tynecastle under his regime for threatening behaviour towards him but he is not to blame for our current situation.The only one to blame for that is Romanov .Romanov has done more damage to our great club than pieman ever did he has got us into more debt than i think we can handle .We might end up like Gretna in a couple of years time all thanks to the mad one

I hate the pieman as much as the next Hearts supporter .I was banned from Tynecastle under his regime for threatening behaviour towards him but he is not to blame for our current situation.The only one to blame for that is Romanov .Romanov has done more damage to our great club than pieman ever did he has got us into more debt than i think we can handle .We might end up like Gretna in a couple of years time all thanks to the mad one

Very true,we could still end up like a gretna, but then if it wasnt for Vlad we may of went like gretna a few years ago....

I think one of the problems just now is we knew where the pieman was taking us and none of us wanted to go there - but none of us really know what vlad is doing or thinking - will we get the new stand ect...go to the wall, see more money or have him just walk away.

Its a scary time, and for the first time in our history the fans dont know what to do, how can we protest against someone who has us by the balls and with no other options to turn to. There was no-one else 4 years ago, why would that situation of changed now

The Pieman took us from ?4M debt to ?21M debt under the 'stewardship' of Stewart ' relatively spot on' Fraser, who is also still around BTW.

That led to the scenario where:

a) CPR was going to sell Tynecastle to CALA and move us to Murrayfield withput any 'Plan B'.

B) George Foulkes managed to get a 3 month stay of execution before said deal with CALA went ahead.

c) Vladimir Romanov came on the scene during that 3 month moratorium.

CPR certainly has (still) a lot to answer for.

Winston Ingram

Another key difference between Robinson and Deans is that Robinson actually PROFITTED as the debts spiralled out of control.

?800k + for his shares, plus that healthy salary after appointing himself as chief exec. I'd venture Ogilvie earns nothing like Robinson did. Anyway, add the Pieman's returns together and he made a comfortable net gain from Hearts.

Deans? Lost money on his initial investment.

And why is Fraser still there? Claimed he was retiring at least two years ago..

I think mentally, the book keeper retired at least 10 years ago!

Guest S.U.S.S.
so let me get this right, at a time we should be going at Romanov your still going at CPR?

The Pieman took us from ?4M debt to ?21M debt under the 'stewardship' of Stewart ' relatively spot on' Fraser, who is also still around BTW.

That led to the scenario where:

a) CPR was going to sell Tynecastle to CALA and move us to Murrayfield withput any 'Plan B'.

B) George Foulkes managed to get a 3 month stay of execution before said deal with CALA went ahead.

c) Vladimir Romanov came on the scene during that 3 month moratorium.

CPR certainly has (still) a lot to answer for.

I think that Iain answers it for you JIG, just cos we have another mentalist in charge we should not forget who put us in the position of going with VR.

Another key difference between Robinson and Deans is that Robinson actually PROFITTED as the debts spiralled out of control.

?800k + for his shares, plus that healthy salary after appointing himself as chief exec. I'd venture Ogilvie earns nothing like Robinson did. Anyway, add the Pieman's returns together and he made a comfortable net gain from Hearts.

Deans never lied too us, Pieman made a mint, and tried to conn us by telling us it was Murrayfield or bust.:)

Deans never lied too us, Pieman made a mint, and tried to conn us by telling us it was Murrayfield or bust.:)

When actually, it was more likely to be Murrayfield and bust!

Winston Ingram

Without going back too much over old ground, the Murrayfield thing became laughable. Remember "Not Fit For Purpose"? A 12 year old kid could have done better.

One year, he was telling us at the AGM that Murrayfield was a complete no-go (remember Irene's fancy powerpoint presentation?!) and Braehead quarry (from memory) was the answer. A year later? "Murrayfield, the ONLY option!"

I remain convinced serious talks took place with a view to moving Hearts and Hibs to Straiton. In fact, I remain convinced this is an option... Farmer stands to make ?300 mil plus by opening that out from a greenbelt site.

In response to the OP, you can rest assurred that not only me but guys like China,Willie Hill and others still give Pieman pelters at every opportunity and will continue to do so for a long,long time!!!

Wonder how Irene is getting on;)

No Nonsense

Spot on. This Pieman nonsense needs to stop. Not got much respect for his time at the helm but its water under the bridge. Its like blaming your ex wife for your second marriage failing...

Doctor FinnBarr
Spot on. This Pieman nonsense needs to stop. Not got much respect for his time at the helm but its water under the bridge. Its like blaming your ex wife for your second marriage failing...

I think the point is that the Pieman started the ball rolling for all of this, i.e. If the Murrayfield nonsense hadn't came about then maybe Vlad wouldn't have been welcomed with open arms. The fact that Dundee United and Dunfermline had knocked him back should have set alarm bells ringing, but we were just too desperate to get shot of CPR.

:mad:

not quite, unless you rushed into a relationship with your second wife cos your first wife was going to kill you, only to find your second wife was a worse psycho than the first

its down to CPR that we're in this mess, and thats a fact. if he hadn't built up the debt, and carried on taking a nice fat wage, all the while belittling and verbally abusing the fans, people may well have had more sympathy for him

the only thing i admire about that pondlife, is at least he had the bottle to face us, unlike vlad, hiding away in lithuania!

Rust Cohle

Yeah, if your ex-wife happened to cut your c*ck off before divorcing.

CPR is as much to blame as the mad one due to his 'reign' and the state he left us in.

jamboinglasgow

All I can say is I find Deans the most weasly man that has ever been connected with Hearts. I would say my true feelings but dont want to end up being accused of slander by some people.

All I will say is it is funny how he has not gone against Vlad even while others have but when CPR was in charge he was in the EEN every week going at him.

No Nonsense

On the premise of this thread, we could go back and blame previous owners for selling to Chris Robinson then. Romanov's actions are down to Romanov and no one else. We bought into it and "believed", and thus we cannot climb backdown the timeline to point the finger. Robinson done wrong by the club and was rightly brought to task by the fans, but this cannot continue in a perpetual manner when he is no longer owner. All this regurgutated hatred towards CR comes from the fact that we are murder on the park. If we were semi-succesfull and Vlad was not an interfering little weasel who didn't know how to run a football club, CR's name wouldn't be raised on this board. He would be a distant blob on the horizon.

On the premise of this thread, we could go back and blame previous owners for selling to Chris Robinson then. Romanov's actions are down to Romanov and no one else. We bought into it and "believed", and thus we cannot climb backdown the timeline to point the finger. Robinson done wrong by the club and was rightly brought to task by the fans, but this cannot continue in a perpetual manner when he is no longer owner. All this regurgutated hatred towards CR comes from the fact that we are murder on the park. If we were semi-succesfull and Vlad was not an interfering little weasel who didn't know how to run a football club, CR's name wouldn't be raised on this board. He would be a distant blob on the horizon.

He will be a distant Blob from me, as im in the Wheatfield now.:ahhhhhhh:

Well dont worry m8 i'm right at the back of the away dugout,and you'l hear me over at the wheatfeild,and even more so if the dictator is there

lost in leith

All a bit academic now, but one of my issues with CPR was that he was appointed Chief Executive of a plc by default, and received a very generous salary. As far as I know no other candidates were interviewed - not a great example of corporate governance! Lots of other issues with him............

On Stewart Fraser, we have to understand that his job is to implement policy, not make it. I e-mailed him after the AGM with some questions, and to be fair he answered them as far as he could. I've been meaning to summarise his answers for a while and post them here, will do so soon.

Archived