Motherwell 42

Hearts 2.02

Rangers 120

Celtic 120

:hae36:

shaun.lawson
Yet 3rd favourite for the league.

:laugh:

I was going to say how mental that was - but actually, when you think about it, it's about right really!

Betfair's odds are set by punters and not an official bookmaker. Most punters see Hearts as a joke club at the moment and this has dictated the odds for relegation accordingly.

The erratic nature of such betting sites in this case is illustrated by our short odds to win the league. You can of course set your own odds, thus lengthening/shortening the odds respective of your stance.

I was going to say how mental that was - but actually, when you think about it, it's about right really!

The Gorgie fish bar has more chance of winning the SPL than we do. We are absolutely murder - completely overrated by our own fans and apparantly by some bookmakers too. I dont care what anyone says, i'm having a cheeky ?20 on Hearts to be relegated on Sky Bet. Common sense points to it happening at some point in the Romanov era, who knows it could be this year.

tommythejambo

We are the biggest hit or miss team in world football, not even suprised.

shaun.lawson

Hang on - what if Vlad and the boys have been putting a rouble or thousand on it? :eek:

rossi_1983
The Gorgie fish bar has more chance of winning the SPL than we do. We are absolutely murder - completely overrated by our own fans and apparantly by some bookmakers too. I dont care what anyone says, i'm having a cheeky ?20 on Hearts to be relegated on Sky Bet. Common sense points to it happening at some point in the Romanov era, who knows it could be this year.

I am shocked and stunned:rolleyes:

Corstojohn

Go away and dont come back.

Good. It won't happen.

Good. It won't happen.

Thats what they said about Spain winning Euro 2008! :D

Relegation is a real possibility IMO -although most people will say Hamilton are already down a team like Hearts who can't score goals and who will enevitabley encounter turmoil at some stage have a weakness and could be dragged it - if we are are you confident we have the characters to pull us out, because i'm not.

I was a negative ninnie last season as well when i said we'd finish bottom 6 - people laughed. Not many were big enough to hold their hands up at the end of the season though. Not that I was expecting it, but hey ho.

Lets wait and see. Neverltheless if there's one good thing to emerge from the Romanov circus freak show hopefully it will be my bank balance.

Relegation is a real possibility IMO -although most people will say Hamilton are already down a team like Hearts who can't score goals and who will enevitabley encounter turmoil at some stage have a weakness and could be dragged it - if we are are you confident we have the characters to pull us out, because i'm not.

I was a negative ninnie last season as well when i said we'd finish bottom 6 - people laughed. Not many were big enough to hold their hands up at the end of the season though. Not that I was expecting it, but hey ho.

Lets wait and see. Neverltheless if there's one good thing to emerge from the Romanov circus freak show hopefully it will be my bank balance.

Doubt it.

It must break your Heart putting we in your posts.

:sad:

I predicted Spain would win Euro 2008. Didn't put any money on it mind. I also though David Villa would do well. Doesn't make me aany sort of football genius.

Hearts won't get relegated because we do have some quality players amongst the general pesh. The thing is, even if it's like last year, the pesh will pull us slear because they have the character. Who's to say a new guy won't bring us in the right direction. Hell I'd rather bet on that that bet on us to go down.

But since you seem to know all, we'll all bow down to your greater knowledge... :rolleyes:

portobellojambo1

Seems a reasonably sensible, possibly safe approach for the bookies to take Shaun, i.e. put us at both ends of the spectrum, second favourites to get relegated (covers them should nothing progress player/manager wise) yet third favourites to win the league (covers them/tempts fans if Romanov has a mad turn and installs a totally autonomous manager and invests quality in the squad).

Hoboinpeace

Shocked to see Hearts Evens to be relegated I dont think you'll be relegated but maybe to Bookies are thinking Vlad will pull the plug and Hearts will go in to administration and being docked points.

Can you lay those odds?

Great odds for Hearts not to be relegated.

You can lay, but not at those odds. Currently 46/1 and only a couple of quid available.

Jam Tarts 1874

You bet on Hearts being relegated, total :hobofish:

About a fortnight ago when I thought we were about to clinch a new manager I had a gander in Corals and we were 125/1 to win the league. I then went to Laddies to find they were 66/1 so I thought "Do they know something I don't?" That is a huge difference, Anyway I then went in to W Hill's and they were offering 150/1. Guess what? I was mad enough to part with a tenner thinking that if the extremely unlikely did happen, I am guaranteed two financially painless trips abroad next season. If they lose, well, what's a tenner?

Drylaw Hearts
About a fortnight ago when I thought we were about to clinch a new manager I had a gander in Corals and we were 125/1 to win the league. I then went to Laddies to find they were 66/1 so I thought "Do they know something I don't?" That is a huge difference, Anyway I then went in to W Hill's and they were offering 150/1. Guess what? I was mad enough to part with a tenner thinking that if the extremely unlikely did happen, I am guaranteed two financially painless trips abroad next season. If they lose, well, what's a tenner?

If they lose ?

:rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

It would be easy enough to cover these bets that will win back your original tenner(s) and IF your original bets did win the odds would provide more than enough winnings cover your stake on your cover (2nd) bets.

If they lose ?

:rolleyes:

If I was worried about losing a tenner, which I have acknowleged is extremely likely, I would not have placed the bet.

Charlie-Brown
If I was worried about losing a tenner, which I have acknowleged is extremely likely, I would not have placed the bet.

You don't have to lose your tenner though Al simply cover your bets and you will come out ahead. :)

I think as things stand we have the worst squad, the worst prepared squad, the worst discipline and motivation, and the worst manager in the league for next season.

There is still time for some of those things to change though.

You don't have to lose your tenner though Al simply cover your bets and you will come out ahead. :)

Thanks NMH. I'm not sufficiently well versed in the art(?) of gambling to do this.

Can you give me odds details as an example although to be fair it seems like a lot of work for a tenner. If I don't proceed it will help me in the future.

Sigh

Hearts wont get relegated. It's that simple.

Drama queening alive and well on the internet.

Yup we are pish. Just looking at the squad just now there is no chnace we would finish in the top six. Although I am sure there is still a lot to happen between now and August 31st.

Kilmarnock are well worth a fiver to get relegated. Even if they do we still won't score at Rugby Park.

I HATE the Romanovs and this circus he has created at MY club...I would love to see the Egotistical P**** and his inbred Son GTF as soon as,BUT, to Want/GLOAT at the Fact you want us relegated is a step too far.

I hope you put your Mortgage on us getting relegated...HOBO FUD!!:mad:

Carl Spackler

The bookies must be loving it creaming all that money off daft Hibees at totally p^%h odds. Hearts to be relegated at 2/1? You would have to be a complete muppet to back that.

Seymour M Hersh

I'm sure a lot of your fellow hobos will do the same. Lot of pegs to sell to get ?20 mind you.:hobofish::107years:

Seems a reasonably sensible, possibly safe approach for the bookies to take Shaun, i.e. put us at both ends of the spectrum, second favourites to get relegated (covers them should nothing progress player/manager wise) yet third favourites to win the league (covers them/tempts fans if Romanov has a mad turn and installs a totally autonomous manager and invests quality in the squad).

Except that Betfair's odds are not set by the bookmaker. The odds are dictated by the companies' actual punters.

Putting a bet on shouldnt be about loyalty, it should be about the value of the bet.

For example, if we start the season with Cervenkov in charge again, and you could get 100-1 on Hearts being relegated that would be great value given he took us to second bottom last season, so that bet, from an odds point of view would be a value bet.

In fact I'd say, with Cervenkov around, any odds down to 50-1 would be good value

Whether you place the bet or not is a financial decision not a loyalty one

Bets against Hearts at home last year would have won you a fortune and softened the blow of the gash witnessed

http://www.betfair.co.uk

To finish rock bottom:

Hamilton 2

St Mirren 5.3

Kilmarnock 14

Inverness CT 7.2

Falkirk 11.5

Aberdeen 70

Hibernian 70

Dundee Utd 36

Motherwell 42

Hearts 2.02

Rangers 120

Celtic 120

:hae36:

I actually think 2/1 Hamilton is not bad at all.

Note that Betfair quotes prices as Return/Stake as opposed to Profit/Stake so when they say 2 they mean Evens. ?2.00 back from a ?1.00 stake

Betfair's odds are set by punters and not an official bookmaker. Most punters see Hearts as a joke club at the moment and this has dictated the odds for relegation accordingly.

The erratic nature of such betting sites in this case is illustrated by our short odds to win the league. You can of course set your own odds, thus lengthening/shortening the odds respective of your stance.

There are in fact three prices for anything on Betfair:

The biggest price you can bet on Hearts to get relegated at 2.02 (51/50).

The smallest price you can lay them at 46.00 (45/1)

The last price that anybody actually managed to find a taker for 32.00 (31/1)

So far only three bets have actually been made on betfair staking a total of ?22 to win ?932 meaning that we've on average been trading at

Can you lay those odds?

Great odds for Hearts not to be relegated.

If you want to Lay Hearts to go down you'll have to offer 45/1 for the first ?2

So you'd be risking ?90 to win ?2 in may. If you want to lay more then you'll have to risk ?380 to win a tenner

You'd actually be better off putting the money in the bank.

I just took all the Hibs to go down at 70/1 that was available because it looked like a decent price.

I then offered to lay them at 1/7 and as this is the only price on Offer Hibs are now technically speaking hot favourites.

grumpyespana

Yep that brings back good memories I mean the Gorgie fish bar they used to do a mean chipsteak washed down with iron brew always set me up for the match.

Grumpy.

portobellojambo1
Except that Betfair's odds are not set by the bookmaker. The odds are dictated by the companies' actual punters.

Probably a bit of clue that I don't bet Praha06 (think the last time I put money on anything was in The Grand National, probably about 12 years ago now. If I am going to throw money away I prefer to give it to someone working behind a bar, at least that way I get something in return, usually a sore head)

LiamWallace

No way will we go down this year saints are much worse in every position and ICT and Hamilton don't have a Larry in there team's to carry them they don't even have a CLum. We needa proper manager soon though or things could go bad.

Quite amazing. We are murder.

The season has not started yet, you don't know who the manager will be, you don't what players we will have and yet your Hibee humour comes across with a silly little reference to a fish bar.

Have a word with yourself.

Ladbrokes say..........For the title...

Celtic 5/6

Rangers 5/6

Hearts 66/1

Aberdeen 100/1

Hibernian 150/1

Motherwell 200/1

Dundee Utd 350/1

Kilmarnock 750/1

Falkirk 2000/1

Inverness 2500/1

St.Mirren 2500/1

Hamilton 5000/1

So how do you guys go with that? Major Bookie`s has you`s officially to finish 3rd.

Celtic 5/6

Rangers 5/6

Hearts 66/1

Aberdeen 100/1

Hibernian 150/1

Motherwell 200/1

Dundee Utd 350/1

Kilmarnock 750/1

Falkirk 2000/1

Inverness 2500/1

St.Mirren 2500/1

Hamilton 5000/1

So how do you guys go with that? Major Bookie`s has you`s officially to finish 3rd.

As things currently stand we have little or no prospect of mounting a serious title challenge but things could in theory change and that is reflected in us having lower odds than the others whose prospects are more predictable and the bookies reckon they have less chance / prospect than we do.

Famous Hearts

Celtic 5/6

Rangers 5/6

Hearts 66/1

Aberdeen 100/1

Hibernian 150/1

Motherwell 200/1

Dundee Utd 350/1

Kilmarnock 750/1

Falkirk 2000/1

Inverness 2500/1

St.Mirren 2500/1

Hamilton 5000/1

If Romanov stopped his interference we would finish a minimum third by a distance on the wages we are spending. But thats too much to expect though.

Celtic 5/6

Rangers 5/6

Hearts 66/1

Aberdeen 100/1

Hibernian 150/1

Motherwell 200/1

Dundee Utd 350/1

Kilmarnock 750/1

Falkirk 2000/1

Inverness 2500/1

St.Mirren 2500/1

Hamilton 5000/1

Actually their odds for the SPL w/o the old firm are:

3/1: Aberdeen

3/1: Hearts

4/1: Dundee United

9/2: Hibs

9/2: Motherwell

So they've actually got us joint fav with Aberdeen despite us both being mired in a tight struggle to make the top 6 split last season

Shopping around will get you

7/2: Aberdeen (Bet365).

9/2: Hearts (Coral)

5/1: Dundee United(Coral)

5/1: Hibs(BlueSQ)

5/1: Motherwell(Coral)

Captain Lithuania

For that I will break your legs and take away your TV! :sad:

ToadKiller Dog
For that I will break your legs and take away your TV! :sad:

I wouldnt worry to much about figoo he is no hearts fan , He is just like some negative virus that seems to be stuck in a loop on kickback,they have tried macafee,norton anti virus but no luck.

the virus always appears and feeds of negativity it makes the virus stronger.

No real hearts fan would bet on there team to get relegated no matter how good the odds.

Captain Lithuania

Celtic 5/6

Rangers 5/6

Hearts 66/1

Aberdeen 100/1

Hibernian 150/1

Motherwell 200/1

Dundee Utd 350/1

Kilmarnock 750/1

Falkirk 2000/1

Inverness 2500/1

St.Mirren 2500/1

Hamilton 5000/1

I genuinley believe we can do it, but we need the team to believe it.

Note that Betfair quotes prices as Return/Stake as opposed to Profit/Stake so when they say 2 they mean Evens. ?2.00 back from a ?1.00 stake

Good point! I did actually know that but it was a bit too early in the morning.:o Evens is a bit too short.

Anyone who thinks Hearts can't be relegated is kidding themselves on.

However, a bit of perspective is required. If (the universally derided) Frail had been in 'sole' charge for the whole season then based on his 2nd half of the season results we would have finished 3rd.

I know it's hard to believe after some of the guff we had to watch but there you go!

boy_in_maroon
I predicted Spain would win Euro 2008. Didn't put any money on it mind. I also though David Villa would do well. Doesn't make me aany sort of football genius.

Hearts won't get relegated because we do have some quality players amongst the general pesh. The thing is, even if it's like last year, the pesh will pull us slear because they have the character. Who's to say a new guy won't bring us in the right direction. Hell I'd rather bet on that that bet on us to go down.

But since you seem to know all, we'll all bow down to your greater knowledge... :rolleyes:

quality players???? Kingston aside, who??

quality players???? Kingston aside, who??

When I said quality, I meant SPL quality. Not quality, quality. If that makes sense.

I think that Ruben, Driver, Jonnson, Berra, Karipidis and Glen all have the qulaity to make sure that we don't get into a relegation fight. Nade has the potential to be an excellent forward. The trouble is, he's lazy. This is where it's so important that we can get someone who will motivate the players. There is no way that Hearts will be anywhere near the bottom of the league if our players turn up this year. Big question though is, will they turn up?

Archived