Craigieboy

Is VR mentally ill?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is VR mentally ill?

• Yes
    • No
    • He's buying over the saintees

Craigieboy

After reading the 'VR quotes' thread you surely have to believe that the guy is mentally deranged?

Has anyone got a defence for the poor ****?

After reading the 'VR quotes' thread you surely have to believe that the guy is mentally deranged?

Iam sure he's rich enough not to have to worry about Craigieboy's concerns about his well-being on an internet forum. :confused:

Craigieboy

Previously posted by soulboy;

Vlad's ideas have a lot of vitality and of course he doesn't get everything right and some things quite wrong and misunderstands some things about about Hearts and their supporters and he should definitely listen to advice more often from those who know Hearts and the fans mentality but a lot of his hopes and aspirations are correct and worth pursuing in my opinion.

:rofl:

Previously posted by soulboy;

:rofl:

Intelligent & erudite response.....however i do need some pegs. :)

Craigieboy
Intelligent & erudite response.....however i do need some pegs. :)

but a lot of his hopes and aspirations are correct and worth pursuing in my opinion.

Would you care to list these?

Go on, give us some quotes to back it up as well.

Would you care to list these?

Go on, give us some quotes to back it up as well.

Well what is wrong with this? :)

"I will put all my efforts into keeping the team playing at Tynecastle [until] we can get a better venue that meets all the requirements of today and tomorrow - and [is] probably better than those in Glasgow.

"I?m sure Scottish football will develop in future and other investors may come too. I?m keen to see that."

Craigieboy
Well what is wrong with this? :)

"I will put all my efforts into keeping the team playing at Tynecastle [until] we can get a better venue that meets all the requirements of today and tomorrow - and [is] probably better than those in Glasgow.

"I?m sure Scottish football will develop in future and other investors may come too. I?m keen to see that."

Och sorry bud. I was meaning in the last year or so.

Silly me.

That one was a good one though.

Och sorry bud. I was meaning in the last year or so.

Silly me.

That one was a good one though.

a very weak response.

Craigieboy
a very weak response.

Not really mate.

I think we are all a wee bit past the 'he saved Tynecastle' stage.

hes not mental hes just a bit of a ****!!!:mad::mad:

The man's conducting the most diligent search for a manager that's ever been undertaken and some people on here are questioning his sanity.

Beggars belief.

This seems okay to me too. :)

"Hearts are on the top of the pyramid, because they have the most players of any of my sides and football is the most popular game in Scotland. I want Hearts to become the type of club where young players would be eager to come to."

"The first step is taking ownership, the second is restructuring the debt and the third is developing the club," he said. "We are at the second stage but maybe one day soon Hearts, too, will be playing Liverpool in the Champions League."

Ray Winstone

I think if someone who was qualified and was allowed to do research on him would probably conclude he has some form of mental illness.

I'm not taking the p-ss here, I dont know if he is mentally ill, but i do believe he has severe psychlogical issues -be it either Narcissism (a love of ones self) or chronic paranoia - or IMO both.

I'm not sure that these are mental illnesses, but i am sure that these would impede his ability to run a business or football club successfully. Assuming off course that he wants Hearts to succeed, which i dont think he does. For the sake of debate I would be happy if someone would produce some evidence to the contrary because at the moment it looks like he wants anything but success at Hearts.

Paisley Jambo
The man's conducting the most diligent search for a manager that's ever been undertaken and some people on here are questioning his sanity.

Beggars belief.

I wish it was true. I think the correct version of events are that he has been turned down a number of times because people know what he is like. We will end up with anyone he can get.

Hope that I am proved wrong, only time will tell.

portobellojambo1

I do not believe he is mentally deranged, but there again I am no doctor.

I do believe, and others have possibly expressed it better in various media outlets, that he comes from a background, a situation, where he is not used to the one thing that Hearts fans have done, i.e. people challenging his methods.

He is old style Russia (the one problem I have always had is I read something somewhere way, way back which indicated he totally opposed the dictatorship style of Communism, with the will of a few being forced on many, however now that he is in a position of relative authority he appears to be imposing on others conditions that he himself found unacceptable), and honesty and communication weren't the guiding lights of Russian style communism. He was brought up in a different manner to those of us who are used to more 'liberal' ways, a lot more freedom to express ourselves, and he seems to be finding it very difficult to adapt to the Western ways, where challenge is the norm.

Does this make him mentally deranged, not according to the dictionary definition.

Charlie-Brown
I do not believe he is mentally deranged, but there again I am no doctor.

I do believe, and others have possibly expressed it better in various media outlets, that he comes from a background, a situation, where he is not used to the one thing that Hearts fans have done, i.e. people challenging his methods.

He is old style Russia (the one problem I have always had is I read something somewhere way, way back which indicated he totally opposed the dictatorship style of Communism, with the will of a few being forced on many, however now that he is in a position of relative authority he appears to be imposing on others conditions that he himself found unacceptable), and honesty and communication weren't the guiding lights of Russian style communism. He was brought up in a different manner to those of us who are used to more 'liberal' ways, a lot more freedom to express ourselves, and he seems to be finding it very difficult to adapt to the Western ways, where challenge is the norm.

Does this make him mentally deranged, not according to the dictionary definition.

On the one hand you might be correct in that we saw what happened to Mourinho when he challenged Roman Abramovich once too often however I'm not sure if this wouldn't equally be true of the likes of Sir Alan Sugar or even Sir Alex Ferguson or Jim McLean and despite growing up in the more 'liberal' west I've certainly encountered plenty bosses and middle-managers who don't like to be challenged and who would definitely impose their authority / slap down dissenting opinion even if it was to the detriment of the organisation.

scott herbertson
now that he is in a position of relative authority he appears to be imposing on others conditions that he himself found unacceptable), and honesty and communication weren't the guiding lights of Russian style communism. He was brought up in a different manner to those of us who are used to more 'liberal' ways, a lot more freedom to express ourselves, and he seems to be finding it very difficult to adapt to the Western ways, where challenge is the norm.

I think its just how people behave

Homer said "It's a wise man who knows his father" and Romanov is a child of the Soviet Union. It's very hard to not do what your father did and Romanov is repeating the mistakes of the past, where motivation disappears and a 'lackey culture' develops amongst the scond tier of staff (or they 'disappear' like Trotsky)

Anyway, before I follow the analogies too far down the line , I don't think he's mad, except insofar as he is probably pretty mad at the moment as he is realising his methods don't work. He's had a go, I believe, at changing his methodology with the January 1 statement but when it comes to crux of letting go of power he finds it near impossible.

How to 'help him' work through this while still showing hime some of the respect which is an obvious driver for him, is the difficulty. I have always thought we should work on ways which give him a psychological 'out' and put any proposals to him in terms of 'continuing his improvement of the club'.

By this I mean if we want hime to change on the things that are critical to us (the role of the manager) we should emphasise to Romanov the control he would still have and praise him for the things he has done with the club.

I realise this has been done to some extent.

Most of the attempted letters have begun with "Great things you have done, ...youth policy ....dah de dah ....BUT...." and proceed to list the things he has done wrong before listing our 'demands'. That's plainly not going to work with his character.

I have always thought our best chance to get him to change was to get someone he would respect (A Bobby Robson figure) to approach him on our behalf and for that person to argue the case on the lines of Romanov completing his masterpiece by buildign the stadium, creating the Ajax of the North through the youth policy, and an international squad capable fo competing on the world stage etc etc... and perhaps offering to helpo recruit the key players - manager, academy director etc.

Does anyone have any contacts with someone of the Robson mould who could be persuaded to do that, though..... ?

As an alternative, if we are to do the 'letter thing' I think it would be best if the letter came from a group of football personalities plus the fans bodies.

Many personalities in the scottish and english game have commented on the state of affairs at Hearts. Maybe we could get them to countersign a letter of support for Romanov's ideas , and offer him 'assistance' in putting the final pieces in place.

I'll start with two people I would probably be able to get to sign such a letter - Marcus Gayle (who I have some dealings with at work) and Martin Tyler the Sky Sports Commentator(who I could get to easily). We could surely also get people like Gordon Brown, Alex Salmond, Lord Provost etc to sign if the letter is non-controversial.

If between us we could get 30 or 40 such people - managers. sports commentators, media personalities who would countersign a positive personal approach, that would have more effect than any 'protest'

Jam Tarts 1874
I'm not taking the p-ss here, I dont know if he is mentally ill, but i do believe he has severe psychlogical issues -be it either Narcissism (a love of ones self) or chronic paranoia - or IMO both.

I'm not sure that these are mental illnesses, but i am sure that these would impede his ability to run a business or football club successfully. Assuming off course that he wants Hearts to succeed, which i dont think he does. For the sake of debate I would be happy if someone would produce some evidence to the contrary because at the moment it looks like he wants anything but success at Hearts.

Why would Romanov not want Hearts to be succesful? What a ridiculous comment!

Charlie-Brown

What Scott describes above is a kind of diplomatic 'Judo' and far more likely to have influence than protests which decry Romanov, personally insult or abuse him and simply list everything he has done wrong and a list of demands to improve things, I think there is more profit to be had from working with Romanov and helping him to achieve his goals than working against him, yes some people have tried and been rebuked but how many people have tried to reach Romanov and understand him on a human level?

I realise this might be difficult given location / background / culture etc however I think that would stand a far better chance of influencing this man than any attempts at direct confrontation when he holds most of the money, power and influence on events at HMFC.....people need to find a way to help him achieve his goals and realise his stated ambitions (which for many would also be our ambitions) but we need to find a way of doing this in a context that he understands....as he is a former sailor and now owner and captain of the good ship HMFC he needs some good 'pilots' to help him.

The Real Maroonblood
Why would Romanov not want Hearts to be succesful? What a ridiculous comment!

I agree but why would he press the self destruct button every time we appear to be on the up.

The evidence is there for all to see.

In conclusion he is a total ar se.

Charlie-Brown
Do you not think the likes of Foulkes, Anderton, Burley, Pressley, Mann etc, etc. Have tried to approach him and point out the errors of his ways. Do you not think these people have tried to guide him?

Even the likes of the 2 Lithuniana guys, whose names escape me have tried to point out the error of his ways.

Change can only occur if someone wants it to.

As far as I can tell Vlad has given very little ground and I actually think he is going to things more his way. I suspect to see more Kaunas imports and players being played purely in the hope of sales. With team results falling further down the list of priorities.

FTR he may well need good pilots, however, any time he has one he has claimed mutiny and throwen them overboard and replaced them with the local drunk from the next port.

Do you expect this on the basis of 1 or 2 sentences in a newspaper?

I said people had tried to speak with VR and apparently been rebuked but how much of this was simply telling him he was wrong rather than trying to gain his trust and support by telling him what he is doing right then influencing him to to things differently or better - confrontation clearly doesn't work and leads to a more defensive mode.

I expect we will have some Kaunas players but I expect a lot more players to come through from Hearts own academy and the current trend in recent months is less Lithuanians and Kaunas players not more.

Guest JamboRobbo
Do you expect this on the basis of 1 or 2 sentences in a newspaper?

I expect it based on what I've watched him do over the past 3 years.

AS for this "non confrontational letter", giving him compliments on what he's done well etc, thats exactly the sort of thing that all sorts of people have been doing for 3 years. From people at the club, to people with concerns like Gary Mackay, to fans and supporters groups. Nobody has been able to change Vlads mind.

And I don't think thats about to change anytime soon. IMO, Vlads going to continue with his shambolic way of dictating how the football club is run, and as Hearts fans, we either like it or lump it.

Oh, and yes. It's pretty clear the man is a total nutter.

winston churchill

the wee guy is anything but mad.

the thing is,he comes from the old eastern block and he is used to a dictatorship style set up.

he's a stubborn wee guy,it's his baw so he gets first pick.

Does anyone remember the posts from the amateur psychiatrist (that's probably not strictly accurate, but it's the best I can manage at the moment) on the old board?

I seem to recall they got slated mercilessly - any thoughts now?

Charlie-Brown
Does anyone remember the posts from the amateur psychiatrist (that's probably not strictly accurate, but it's the best I can manage at the moment) on the old board?

Yes he pretended to have a friend and his predictions ended last year.

Yes he pretended to have a friend and his predictions ended last year.

Were they uncannily accurate or just a bit quack-ish?

I genuinely can't remember.

I DO remember thinking 'F me...if all that happens we're really in the doo-doo'.

Charlie-Brown

Boof those predictions were made in late 2005 / early 2006 on the basis of sacking Burley & hiring Rix - the guy as might be expected got some things right and some things wrong and the predictions ended with Romanov already having left last year in 2007 - like Nostradamus you could twist or adapt them to fit facts or say it was only the timing or context that was wrong etc. but ultimately they were meaningless speculation or soothsaying.

tolcross lad

Jack Nicholsons character McMurphy in One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest- said

"I must be crazy to be in loony bin like this"

Hysteria, paranoia, delusions of all kinds , persistent lie telling,multiple personality, Obsessions and more obsessions.Its all here on this board.

virgilhiltz

Hes' just a sociopathic megalomaniac with a penchance for ****ing things up.

Behaviour attributes of someone who suffers Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy therefore the answer is YES!

Not mentally ill but completed deluded as to how to run a successful football club.

The cultural point is true as well - this is old style Eastern Bloc behaviour.

No. He has a business model for Hearts and we disagree with it.

He owns the club and we don't.

jambos are go!

IMO VR must doubt his own sanity for getting involved with discontents/racists/never pleased dismal jimmies who post on here regularly!!

jamboboetjie

I was just thinking of that post the other day,i recall reading it on the BB damn C site,Im sure some of those predictions came true,Regarding Managers etc.

It would be great to see it again if pos.

scott herbertson
I was just thinking of that post the other day,i recall reading it on the BB damn C site,Im sure some of those predictions came true,Regarding Managers etc.

It would be great to see it again if pos.

I think others didn't though.

Th ekernel of truth in it was that his behaviour has been based on a strong egocentric view of his own actions. Disagree with him and he will makle sure you don't get what you ask for.

portobellojambo1
On the one hand you might be correct in that we saw what happened to Mourinho when he challenged Roman Abramovich once too often however I'm not sure if this wouldn't equally be true of the likes of Sir Alan Sugar or even Sir Alex Ferguson or Jim McLean and despite growing up in the more 'liberal' west I've certainly encountered plenty bosses and middle-managers who don't like to be challenged and who would definitely impose their authority / slap down dissenting opinion even if it was to the detriment of the organisation.

Sorry for not replying sooner NMH, took off shortly after I posted to do my half yearly trip to Fort Kinnaird and buy a few things (hate shopping with a passion).

I don't disagree with what you say, in that there are undoubtedly senior and middle managers from this neck of the woods who think everything they say and do is 100% right. But certainly in those places I have worked there has always been avenues through which you could challenge those views, and if you made a good enough case determine change. I simply don't see that as an option to those who question Romanov's ways.

Still wouldn't describe him as a basket case, a hard nosed, self centred old shop front I would have no problems with, and I do still believe that is related to the culture in which he was brought up. People simply didn't ask questions of, or directly question, the hierarchy, those that did just disappeared into the wilderness.

The Real Maroonblood
IMO VR must doubt his own sanity for getting involved with discontents/racists/never pleased dismal jimmies who post on here regularly!!

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself as a lot of your posts give me a good laugh.

:):):)

scott herbertson
I expect it based on what I've watched him do over the past 3 years.

AS for this "non confrontational letter", giving him compliments on what he's done well etc, thats exactly the sort of thing that all sorts of people have been doing for 3 years. From people at the club, to people with concerns like Gary Mackay, to fans and supporters groups. Nobody has been able to change Vlads mind.

And I don't think thats about to change anytime soon. IMO, Vlads going to continue with his shambolic way of dictating how the football club is run, and as Hearts fans, we either like it or lump it.

Oh, and yes. It's pretty clear the man is a total nutter.

I was suggesting that the only way I can see we could change his mind would be through a personal approach by someone he respects in the football world.

My point about letters is that if we are going to do them they need to be constructive and to offer Romanov a route out of a difficulty which will make him look and feel good, not humiliate him. Using non-Hearts related media figures and football 'names' is something we haven't done before, as far as I know.

I doubt it will work, but I am certain a letter from fans won't work.

Archived