Match Day - Hearts 2 Partick Thistle 0 (friendly)

Sertse

9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think if for Walker, Naismith and Boyce all

need to be starters - Walker and Naisy play fluidly enough for that to work

100% the 3 of them first picks 

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• WDJ87

• neilnunb

• Jamboelite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mercer Takeover

At this moment in time, Wighton remains a centre forward who just doesn't score goals, so what is the point. I can just see Hibs trembling at the thought of facing Wighton again in the semi.

Boyce has an eye for goal and when fully up to speed, will score at will in the Championship.

Good workout yesterday, however once again our defence looked poor, which is a worry. 

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I know, it's almost like there was another team with players trying to stop us playing said passes.

how dare they...

Mate it was simple 10 yard passes that were going way ward. Passing it straight to Partick. A better team would have scored from a few of them. 

21 hours ago, farin said:

Yep, not sure I like the maroon shorts with it either tbh. 

5C221FF0-517B-4E70-B07C-BA54C74F0772.thumb.jpeg.62665f7e6e057552eab2b6f82163ec07.jpeg

Hearts look better in all maroon ,  imo

Bigger too ...

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I might be in the minority but I thought Lee did really well and made a difference.

He has the ability to thread a ball which is a rarity these days with most midfielders preferring to play the ball wide or back that slows up attacks.

I'm here, his speed of thought is a wee bit above most. 

In the right team he's an asset. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm here, his speed of thought is a wee bit above most. 

In the right team he's an asset. 

I wonder just how many more players, like Lee, disliked the style of football they were being asked to play under CL. Quite a few I believe.

13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Gordon 

Smith Pops Halkett 

Haring 

Walker Lee Naismith 

Ginnelly Boyce Roberts 

Should win 5 scud most weeks 

You know your football, not- back 3 lol, Robbie looking for a lb looks like you are also.

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, David Black said:

I wonder just how many more players, like Lee, disliked the style of football they were being asked to play under CL. Quite a few I believe.

Maybe, but also with the injuries it meant players were being asked to do things that maybe weren't natural. 

Lee does need a Haring deside him as he is a bit light weight for example. 

Also, if Maclean is the only option then options are limited as guys like Uche and Washington run the channels, Naismith is clever without them a guy like Lee struggles as he can't play his natural game. 

Even with no Souttar at the back. 

Also, guys like whelan never added anything at all. 

A shit show all round. 

2 hours ago, David Black said:

The guy is too slow.  It's unlikely any new manager willl make him any faster at his age now.  He may get by in the Championship but that'll be it.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The guy is too slow.  It's unlikely any new manager willl make him any faster at his age now.  He may get by in the Championship but that'll be it.

He got by in the top flight quite comfortably Tbh, scored a few and had a good assist record. 

He is slow tho, and if he plays we need a bit speed and graft beside him. 

I think if the team has the correct balance Lee is a good footballer that will add to the team. 

Damour and Lee togerher for example is a no for me, but with our wingers and Haring in behind it's a yes, he'll create and score a few. 

Wighton, walker, Naismith and Boyce all offer good movement as well, as opposed to someone like Maclean. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

You know your football, not- back 3 lol, Robbie looking for a lb looks like you are also.

Who was saying what Neilson was saying or doing. 

Bit of fun 🤡

8 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Still concerned about the lack of ideas to break down a packed defence,which we will come up against most weeks. And our own defence worries me.

In fairness we created probably 10 clear chances.  We missed two absolute sitters, hit the post and would almost certainly have had a penalty in a competitive game.

I agree if that's the defence, however I don't think it will be.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Still concerned about the lack of ideas to break down a packed defence,which we will come up against most weeks. And our own defence worries me.

Hard to tell in a friendly v Partick, but I thought we created a lot, had a fair few crosses in the box as well. 

A good bit more on average than say v the bet Fred Cup teams in recent years for example. 

The defence I don't really know as it was barley tested, but Smith at rb, one of our left sided Defenders in and it's more balanced already. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

We need to be stronger and bigger for semi, Hibs have a few big laddies plus good delivery, not sure what popescu like in air but need a fit Berra back for that one to nullify Doidge.

20 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

To me the biggest call is what to do upfront I would try Naismith at Centre forward and Walker at Central Attacking Midfield.

Naismith played this for Scotland so I am confident he can manage. Walker can only really play CAM as he doesn’t have the pace to play wide but looks good there.

Boyce didn’t do enough today to convince he is a starter.

Wighton is a player who things nearly come off for but never quite do.

I thought Boyce did very well when came on and Naismith was a little off the pace, all about opinions 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

We need to be stronger and bigger for semi, Hibs have a few big laddies plus good delivery, not sure what popescu like in air but need a fit Berra back for that one to nullify Doidge.

He lost every header to him last December, as did Halkett, Berra would also struggle against Nisbets pace in behind, if they don’t play Boyle up top. Popescu needs to be good and will need to hit the ground running. 

15 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

'Fit Berra', good oxymoron right there. Can't see him being anywhere near the squad for the semi final. 

2 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

'Fit Berra', good oxymoron right there. Can't see him being anywhere near the squad for the semi final. 

Not even sure he has started training again yet so unlikley to be anywhere near fit enough.