Match Day - Hearts 2 Partick Thistle 0 (friendly)

Sertse

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• WDJ87

• neilnunb

• Jamboelite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Just in and reading this you'd think everyone is pish after a two nil friendly win v Partick. 

:facepalm:

Nah just Halkett going by you.🤣🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I hope we've got Irving on a long contract. I thought he was quietly outstanding today, always in the right place, tidy with his distribution and joined upwell with Lee which allowed him to be more progressive. Wighton was very good, I'm not sure he's an out and out striker, though but if he can get 10 goals this season then he will have turned a corner.

Agree about Irving. Impressed most times I've seen him tbh. I feel Walker, Naismith and Wighton could all play in that No 10/in the hole position Naismith and Walker both played today. Walker's more of an out and out attacking mid while Naismith and Wighton seem to be able to link play. Wighton's first instinct seems to be to pass rather than shoot. Boyce plays much more like a proper striker - taking shots when he can. We do maybe need another option up front, although Roberts can maybe play through the middle.

Right decision to let Uche leave. He wouldn't fit into this style of football at all.

Edited by ToqueJambo

11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Nah just Halkett going by you.🤣🤣

I've never said a bad word this season about any of them. Clean sheet for everyone, White, Halkett, Damour, Walker, Wighton, the whole lot. 🤣

31 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I know you have to consider the opposition, but a Walker in that frame of mind today causes any team in Scotland problems.  Wanting to be involved, chasing back, clever touches, sharp in possession, timing runs....... Complete opposite to what he’s been of late.  

Walker had a great half. Really liked the look of him. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I know it was a friendly but the amount of slack passes today isn’t acceptable.

Understandable in a pre season game. Quality wise there was little difference between that and the "elite" games I've watched so far this season. It was good to see we press hard and in numbers when we lose possession. 

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Didn't he play LB in Australia ?

Not sure tbh. It’s the crossing stat that stayed with me... would have thought he would be more suited to being a winger. 

1 hour ago, StirlingJambo said:

Never realised that. If we could pull that off could be really good to watch. Do you know the formation used when playing two number 10’s? I take it it started in a three at the back?

Don’t know the formation. Just know we’ve spent some time working on it over the summer. I’d guess its just a different approach from playing with width. 

The player who told me said it’s really difficult to do as they two number 10s are essentially working in one half of the pitch. But will be awful to play against 

The sooner we start playing competitive games the better. Friendlies are for fitness and gaining sharpness. I worry about being ready for a semi so early in our season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The sooner we start playing competitive games the better. Friendlies are for fitness and gaining sharpness. I worry about being ready for a semi so early in our season. 

The semi just has be seen as a free hit. We're massive underdogs (like we were playing under Locke - maybe he should do the team talk). It's ridiculous it's even going ahead though. Getting to the final would be huge though. Neither Aberdeen or Celtic look unbeatable so far. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The semi just has be seen as a free hit. We're massive underdogs (like we were playing under Locke - maybe he should do the team talk). It's ridiculous it's even going ahead though. Getting to the final would be huge though. Neither Aberdeen or Celtic look unbeatable so far. 

:what:"a free hit" 

it's a "must win", like every game we ever play against Hibs. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruyff said:

:what:"a free hit" 

it's a "must win", like every game we ever play against Hibs. 

Obviously, but in the circumstances it's a game that shouldn't even be going ahead with one team vastly ahead of their preparation and match fitness, without even getting into the fairness of starting a competition with a Premiership squad and finishing it with a Championship one. Even though that's actually probably helped us 🤣 I think it's very winnable. Looking forward to it.

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don’t believe we are underdogs. I wouldn’t have viewed us as underdogs last season and not too much has changed other than Robbie has streamlined the squad, which I view as a huge positive. We’ll have played and won a few games before the semi. 

Edited by GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t believe we are underdogs. I wouldn’t have viewed us as underdogs last season and not too much has changed other than Robbie has streamlined the squad, which I view as a huge positive. We’ll have played and won a few games before the semi. 

Depends if we play a team that doesn't test a week before then a bunch of our players test positive before the semi and they force us still to play it. Wouldn't put it past them.

1 hour ago, StirlingJambo said:

Never realised that. If we could pull that off could be really good to watch. Do you know the formation used when playing two number 10’s? I take it it started in a three at the back?

I think it is called the Christmas tree lol 3-4-2-1

3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Under Levein he had to deal with the same shite as Levein,including injuries to Berra,Souttar and Haring,Naismith,Uche,Walker

Yet Halkett is the fall guy and Wighton is the hard done by on here🤣

Madness.

Well I rate Halkett,and i believe he will play dor Scotland one day,as for Wighton i expect him to be playing for Airdire in 2 years time.

My opinion and I dont expect abuse for it.

Who abused you? 🙄

47 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

ALL were guilty of mistiming a pass, especially both FBs but nobody got off, even Naisy managed a couple and as for Michael Smith's blooters into the Wheatfield 😟

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or 60 minutes of an on song Walker and 30 of Naismith would do me. Walker can also move wide in a front 3. Love it when he cuts in and shoots.

Yeah, I think Walker as a floating wide player might be the answer.  I've seen him previously flit around between playing on the left or right and cutting in constantly.  He could be our attacking equivalent of a libero, with Naismith playing the more traditional 10 role.

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i held my breath when graham got a shot on goal then remembered it was gordon in goals and not mr dive out the way

quality quote above  :flagwave:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Completely off topic...but have you got any relatives from Yorkshire? Or have you ever visited Ilkley moor without a hat on? 🤔

Racist

:lol: 😉

3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

My opinion and I dont expect abuse for it.

Man up ffs. Abuse?

It’s words on a screen aimed at a made up username.

Get a ****in grip.

4 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Walker doing well. Just a preseason friendly, but hopefully he’ll keep it going. 

Nah, he's a shiter, did the dirty on us and should never have been brought back.

On a more serious note, I agree with your sentiments.  I've always been a fan of Jamie (well mostly always).

51 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Who abused you? 🙄

Whoever it was, celtic fc would like to categorically deny we knew anything about it. 

Leveins Battalion
18 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Man up ffs. Abuse?

It’s words on a screen aimed at a made up username.

Get a ****in grip.

Exactly,argue the case.Dont get personal.

You assume I am a man.

Agree with a lot of comments. Great to have Gordon in goal even though he had little to do, just gives you confidence! Smith and halkett solid but feel we need more from the full backs in these type of games where we have lots of the ball, need to be better in possession and offer more going forward! Brandon did well for the goal but offered little else, Garrucio looked quite sloppy I thought which is probably why neilson wants a new left back

irvine and lee did well. Irvine looks so composed and aways seems to be in the right place for a pass and is always looking for a pass into the final third if it’s on. Lee did ok but you do wonder if he will be a starter when Harring is fully fit and if we sign another centre mid. He can be frustrating though as he does sometimes get caught on the ball taking too many touches but next minute he can play a defence splitting pass which again is what you need in these type of game where teams sit in against us. Good player to have I feel.

wasnt too impressed with the wingers. I think they all showed glimpses with Roberts looking the pick from what I seen. He looked to run directly at the defence every time he got the ball and looked the most dangerous. Frear worked hard but didn’t really beat his man at all and seemed to lose the ball a lot. Having said that he did have a few chance to score so at least was getting in the right position. Gino had a quite game I thought so would probably expect more if we are relying on him to provide goals and assists. I think all three will be hot and cold and probably be ‘frustrating’ at times, but I also think they have potential for goals and assists on their good moments so it’s good to have options as not all will play at the same time. Got to remember we are in the championship so I think we will be fine

In attack I thought walker was excellent playing in the ten role. Was always looking for space between the lines and always looked a threat. Took his goal well and in general looked sharp and showed lots of nice passes and touches. Wighton played well i thought, not easy playing up yourself but he worked hard and probably deserved a goal. He showed good pace on a couple of occasions and also a few nice touches and general link up play. You can tell he’s bulked up a bit and I think he is a good option for us up top or even anywhere across the three behind the striker. 

good for Naismith and harring to get minutes and both will stroll the championship. Boyce if fit and playing all the time will hopefully get 15-20 goals. 

Overall lots to be positive about IMO. Got to remember we are in the championship so should have more than enough to stroll it. 

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

JKB summarised-

Take a player who was Livingstons player of the year,captain,and close to a Scotland call up,nah he's fat and shit.🤣🤣

Take a player from Dundee,pay 250 k for him,absolute gash for 2 years,nah he need a chance 🤣🤣

Geez peace.

So true 🤣🤣

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

🤣🤣🤣 Explain,,?or your on ignore.

And you tell others to grow up. You must be twelve or something. Oh and please put me on ignore as well so I don't have to suffer the drivel you write. 

Diadora Van Basten

To me the biggest call is what to do upfront I would try Naismith at Centre forward and Walker at Central Attacking Midfield.

Naismith played this for Scotland so I am confident he can manage. Walker can only really play CAM as he doesn’t have the pace to play wide but looks good there.

Boyce didn’t do enough today to convince he is a starter.

Wighton is a player who things nearly come off for but never quite do.

4 hours ago, Tynehead said:

Agree team looked better with Jamie W in the No 10 role and Wighton did not really look any better or worse than Boyce.  Both  full backs need to up their game though and just do simple stuff well instead of trying to be too clever.

Get a grip Wighton is nowhere near the finisher Boyce is. 
I am stunned at some people’s opinion of him what’s he done ? 
Boyce is a proven goal machine 

5 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

To me the biggest call is what to do upfront I would try Naismith at Centre forward and Walker at Central Attacking Midfield.

Naismith played this for Scotland so I am confident he can manage. Walker can only really play CAM as he doesn’t have the pace to play wide but looks good there.

Boyce didn’t do enough today to convince he is a starter.

That’s cause he is total crap I am afraid 

31 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Whoever it was, celtic fc would like to categorically deny we knew anything about it. 

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Pam and her five fingers.

😂

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

I honestly just think it’s the standard in the game now.  I’m not saying to accept it ,and for long enough, we all bemoaned alot of the sub standard play you see throughout a season. (And I’m not talking solely about Hearts).

Reluctantly, a small part of me has come to accept this is where the game is in this country now and Hearts are included.  However, to counter that, I thought we at least tried to play with more care within the inventive play we attempted today.

You have to compare to recent fare we served up.  I think you can see Neilson is getting through to the team about being confident in their own ability but drumming in the basics.  There will always be error strewn performances but if we are working toward minimising that and fans can see our game improving, becoming more exciting, hope grows.  

27 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Sadly that's the exact opposite of what a you expect a professional footballer to be able to do. He's bulked up but I can't see him making any real impact on our season. And that's recognising we're going to be up against some total pish. 

Descent performance today for a friendly 

lot good passing and movement.

Was descent starting line up with our big guns on bench  Onwards and upwards 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gordon 

Smith Pops Halkett 

Haring 

Walker Lee Naismith 

Ginnelly Boyce Roberts 

Should win 5 scud most weeks 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Gordon 

Smith Pops Halkett 

Haring 

Walker Lee Naismith 

Ginnelly Boyce Roberts 

Should win 5 scud most weeks 

nah, more like...

Gordon 

Smith Pops Halkett 

Haring 

Walker Lee Irving Roberts

Naismith  Boyce  

Walker seems to be getting back to where he was before Robbie first left. Looked good and very much like he'll be a key player for us over the next few years. 

A Shoreditch Heart

albeit it's a friendly against PT, but just watched the 10 minutes (or whatever) highlights on twitter and thought we looked good - lets be positive

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

I know, it's almost like there was another team with players trying to stop us playing said passes.

how dare they...

3 hours ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Descent performance today for a friendly 

lot good passing and movement.

Was descent starting line up with our big guns on bench  Onwards and upwards 

Make up your mind - what way are we going? lol

6 hours ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

albeit it's a friendly against PT, but just watched the 10 minutes (or whatever) highlights on twitter and thought we looked good - lets be positive

Agree.   Lower quality opposition but I saw some passages of play and up tempo moves that have been a rarity for so long now.  We're not going to suddenly become world beaters,  but we're certainly improving. 

Still concerned about the lack of ideas to break down a packed defence,which we will come up against most weeks. And our own defence worries me.

Ernie Eskilsson
10 hours ago, NB GIN said:

That’s cause he is total crap I am afraid 

He played well yesterday, good movement, one-twos, dummies and set up a few chances with decent passes. If he keeps it up I think we’ll see a lot of Wighton this season. Walker also played very well.

Decent games from Gordon, Smith, Brandon, Halkett and Irving and cameos from Haring, Naismith and Boyce.

Lee, Ginnelly and Roberts need to do better with the ball.

Frear and Garruchio were v poor.

Diadora Van Basten

I might be in the minority but I thought Lee did really well and made a difference.

He has the ability to thread a ball which is a rarity these days with most midfielders preferring to play the ball wide or back that slows up attacks.