UEFA Super cup 2020 Bayern Munich v Sevilla

HMFC01

Good impact for his new club for Rakitic there to get the penalty.   Alaba supposedly rumoured to be exiting the club at some point, he gave away the penalty.    OCampos took the penalty and scored.

Excellent first goal for Bayern, laid off inside the box by Lewandowski to Goretzka who scored.  

I think Bayern will turn up another gear and pressurize Sevllia but somehow I think Sevilla are still a threat, they proved that to win the Europa league.

22 minutes ago, kila said:

The noise being made is actually the crowd right?

Yes, more sevilla than Bayern I think.  Due to Covid rise in Germany, I think I heard them say that under a thousand Bayern fans. 

18 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yes, more sevilla than Bayern I think.  Due to Covid rise in Germany, I think I heard them say that under a thousand Bayern fans. 

Offered 3,000 each but not all were taken up.

Sevilla nearly stole it there near the end. Brilliant save by neuer as per usual, although the sevilla player might have chosen the other post to finish.  He showed his intention to the keeper, neuer anticipated correctly. 

Good match 👍 extra time

7 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

The idiot English ref has made some awful blunders. He chopped off a perfectly good Bayern goal. 

I think that was chopped for leaning on the sevilla player, was hard to judge even from the replay.  He's been getting a tough reception after chopping rwo goals, that's for sure. :lol:

28 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I think that was chopped for leaning on the sevilla player, was hard to judge even from the replay.  He's been getting a tough reception after chopping rwo goals, that's for sure. :lol:

Thought the offside goal was a fair enough decision but the 2nd one was ridiculous. The ref had a shocker all night but that was quite something.

Possibly summed up when in extra time the Bayern player got wiped out over at the touchline with no foul awarded, a second later near same area a sevilla player gets wiped out.  The result was obviously a free kick to them :)  Was fun hearing the Bayern player shouting "Refereee!".

Possibly a typical Ref' performance trying to adhere to some kind of match fairness. or match balance to get a competitive match for the cameras and not a walk over by Bayern.

Was a good try by Sevilla until the keepers decision not to tip it over the bar in extra time.