French Ligue 1

Sooperstar

Just posted about it on the EPL thread. Neymar seems to use it as a get out of jail card I feel.  And in doing so cheapens the entire cause and players who are genuinely abused. I’m afraid I just can’t believe anything he says. 

17 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Neymar really is a petulant little prick who's over inflated price tag has inflated his ego massively.  I genuinely think he struggles to cope with that plus the fact he was meant to be up there in the messi/Ronaldo bracket but never quite lived up to the hype. I would have Mbappe in my team over neymar every day of the week. Comes across a really mature, class guy for such a young age too   

7 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Neymar really is a petulant little prick who's over inflated price tag has inflated his ego massively.  I genuinely think he struggles to cope with that plus the fact he was meant to be up there in the messi/Ronaldo bracket but never quite lived up to the hype. I would have Mbappe in my team over neymar every day of the week. Comes across a really mature, class guy for such a young age too   

yeah but he ****ing loves getting up the jungle jims. I love him 😍 

Holyrood_Hearts

Neymar’s a prick. He should’ve got a 2nd yellow immediately before that for shoving Alvaro in the chest but the ref bottled it. 

Ref should’ve just blew the final whistle and left it to the compliance officer to deal with :lol:

Thats what would have happened here and five hearts players would have bans. 

Always funny when commentators talk about "disgraceful scenes" and the like.  Rubbish - this is what we want!  Makes any match more watchable when there's a 22-man melee.

Hagar the Horrible

Neymars was cowardly, a wee fly punch to the back of the head.  And naw he did not look like anybody was even talking to him let alone racialy abusing him.  Besides if you fart near him he rolls about squeeling like a 5 year old girl.

PSG will have to buy Naymar a pony now

2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Neymars was cowardly, a wee fly punch to the back of the head.  And naw he did not look like anybody was even talking to him let alone racialy abusing him.  Besides if you fart near him he rolls about squeeling like a 5 year old girl.

PSG will have to buy Naymar a pony now

He’d been having a bit of a niggle to and fro with the other player for a few minutes before it all licked off. It might have been said a few minutes before and he waited his time for a bit of sneaky revenge. 

Hagar the Horrible
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He’d been having a bit of a niggle to and fro with the other player for a few minutes before it all licked off. It might have been said a few minutes before and he waited his time for a bit of sneaky revenge. 

If you look at Naymar he is trying to look like he is calming Gonzalez down with one hand and with the other a sly punch to the back of the head, Beside is Naymar a race?  Brazil is not a race, they are portuguese by descendents Gonzalez is Spanish in a french league, none are black but so what?  Nah to me it looks like no more than he acted cowardly, like the playground guy goading somebody then running telling the teacher once he gets lamped.  But Gonzalez was talking robustly to paredes, so at that point he could not have called him a Monkey MF which he is claiming, and if it happened earlier then he should have done something about it then.  there are cameras and lipreaders everywhere.  Nah he is the boy who cried wolf.  Playing the race card illegaly shoud carry a long ban, its dispicable especialy when people are being racialy abused for real, rather than a drive-by name calling which just did not happen.

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If you look at Naymar he is trying to look like he is calming Gonzalez down with one hand and with the other a sly punch to the back of the head, Beside is Naymar a race?  Brazil is not a race, they are portuguese by descendents Gonzalez is Spanish in a french league, none are black but so what?  Nah to me it looks like no more than he acted cowardly, like the playground guy goading somebody then running telling the teacher once he gets lamped.  But Gonzalez was talking robustly to paredes, so at that point he could not have called him a Monkey MF which he is claiming, and if it happened earlier then he should have done something about it then.  there are cameras and lipreaders everywhere.  Nah he is the boy who cried wolf.  Playing the race card illegaly shoud carry a long ban, its dispicable especialy when people are being racialy abused for real, rather than a drive-by name calling which just did not happen.

Naymar's dad is black.

8 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think Neymar might disagree with that, his black father possibly even more so. 

Hagar the Horrible

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Naymar's dad is black.

Is he, I just thought it was a Portugal(brazil version) v Spain thing if there even was a thing, which there was'nt at the time?

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Is he, I just thought it was a Portugal(brazil version) v Spain thing if there even was a thing, which there was'nt at the time?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_Brazil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Brazil

From the above: "During the Atlantic slave trade era, Brazil received more African slaves than any other country. An estimated 4.9 million slaves from Africa were brought to Brazil during the period from 1501 to 1866."

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think Neymar might disagree with that, his black father possibly even more so. 

Point is he wasnt abused,  You want real abuse try going through life being ginger, my dad was a ginger, I had a ginger beard before it all went grey

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_Brazil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Brazil

From the above: "During the Atlantic slave trade era, Brazil received more African slaves than any other country. An estimated 4.9 million slaves from Africa were brought to Brazil during the period from 1501 to 1866."

I like knowing stuff and I did not know that, every day is a school day, But when somebody gets paid E700 per week, this has no relevance, Neymars dad could have just moved there.  He wasnt abused and he is not a slave, but he is a tit!

Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

I like knowing stuff and I did not know that, every day is a school day, But when somebody gets paid E700 per week, this has no relevance, Neymars dad could have just moved there.  He wasnt abused and he is not a slave, but he is a tit!

You have no idea whether he was racially abused on the pitch and neither do I. Unless someone can lip read the conversation in question, or someone else overheard it, it is one person's word against another.

I frankly don't understand your comments on "this has no relevance", "Neymars dad could have just moved there" and "he is not a slave". If someone is black and is abused due to being black, then that is racial abuse, full stop. Whether that did happen here or not though is open to question.

Hagar the Horrible
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You have no idea whether he was racially abused on the pitch and neither do I. Unless someone can lip read the conversation in question, or someone else overheard it, it is one person's word against another.

I frankly don't understand your comments on "this has no relevance", "Neymars dad could have just moved there" and "he is not a slave". If someone is black and is abused due to being black, then that is racial abuse, full stop. Whether that did happen here or not though is open to question.

You are correct, I just dont know?  i was asking that as a question? what went on before? could he have been abused?  I only saw the stramach at the end on twitter

I am not bringing into play his background.  I did not know his background, nor why slavery was even brought into this conversation?  it has no relevance to what looks to have happened. You are trying to turn this into something that is just not there.  

I am bringing into play is just the sending off, he clearly has a sky punch and claimed he was abused to the 4th official, if that being the case then Gonzalez deserves what is coming to him, but he was argueing with Paredes at the time, what is not clear is was he abused earlier?  does that justify what he did? Is he making it up?  Why did he even get involved?  I dont see Gonzalez even talking to him in that fracass at all. 

I think what was just a flexing of musles, Neymar is deflecting his sending off, into something bigger,  What does everybody else think?

Neymar's a wee prick who painted the whole of Scotland as racists, when a German threw a banana at him at Wembley.  I hope his next shite is a massive overweight hedgehog with a Harry Maguire heid. 

Edited by ri Alban

11 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

You are correct, I just dont know?  i was asking that as a question? what went on before? could he have been abused?  I only saw the stramach at the end on twitter

I am not bringing into play his background.  I did not know his background, nor why slavery was even brought into this conversation?  it has no relevance to what looks to have happened. You are trying to turn this into something that is just not there.  

I am bringing into play is just the sending off, he clearly has a sky punch and claimed he was abused to the 4th official, if that being the case then Gonzalez deserves what is coming to him, but he was argueing with Paredes at the time, what is not clear is was he abused earlier?  does that justify what he did? Is he making it up?  Why did he even get involved?  I dont see Gonzalez even talking to him in that fracass at all. 

I think what was just a flexing of musles, Neymar is deflecting his sending off, into something bigger,  What does everybody else think?

Christ, this is going to be tough. ;)

You said, quote, "Beside is Naymar a race?  Brazil is not a race, they are portuguese by descendents". I explained how millions of black African slaves were taken to Brazil, showing that all Brazilians aren't descended purely from Portuguese. Not forgetting the indigenous inhabitants there and the millions of Asians who moved there.

You also said "rather than a drive-by name calling which just did not happen." (my emphasis). So, you weren't asking it as a question.

The sly punch was punishable with a sending off which is what he received.

Neymar could indeed be deflecting. We do not know. It would be great to find out, if at all possible, whether or not this was the case.

To clarify my opinion on Neymar in general (in case I get accused of defending him as a person), I don't like him.

39 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

tenor.gif

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, redjambo said:

Christ, this is going to be tough. ;)

You said, quote, "Beside is Naymar a race?  Brazil is not a race, they are portuguese by descendents". I explained how millions of black African slaves were taken to Brazil, showing that all Brazilians aren't descended purely from Portuguese. Not forgetting the indigenous inhabitants there and the millions of Asians who moved there.

You also said "rather than a drive-by name calling which just did not happen." (my emphasis). So, you weren't asking it as a question.

The sly punch was punishable with a sending off which is what he received.

Neymar could indeed be deflecting. We do not know. It would be great to find out, if at all possible, whether or not this was the case.

To clarify my opinion on Neymar in general (in case I get accused of defending him as a person), I don't like him.

Ha ha, I think this has has taken a turn somewhere,  I read your take on the history of Brazil, found it interesting.  My point I clearly was making badly and for that i apologise, is 1. I did not know Neymar idendified himself as black, 2. I still dont know if he  was decended from slavery?  his parents could have just moved there after 1888 when it was abolished over there, I dont want to make that into a thing.  Move on please, nothing to see here!  I hope that clears that up?

I DO want to make into a thing is Neymar is turning it into something and that he claimed a drive-by name calling.  During the punch Gonzalez was having an altercation with Paredes, For the avoidance of doubt at that moment "IT JUST DID NOT HAPPEN".

From the reports and the fallout which has gone global is that he stated he threw the sly punch because he was called a MMF at that moment in time,  That is how he justified it.  I think he is a weapons grade tit, but Gonzalez is innocent until found guilty but Neymar is guilty of being a tit!  I feel for Alvares he will have been branded a racist, And so far nobody has provided proof, apart from a guy with a history of claiming all sorts of false alegations.  I think this will run and run

5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Nope just accepting responsibility for a misinterpretation I myself caused.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Point is he wasnt abused,  You want real abuse try going through life being ginger, my dad was a ginger, I had a ginger beard before it all went grey

:kirk:

All a bit embarrassing eh. The first two roly polys had me cringing. 

Football clashes are shitey handbags affairs. No wonder other sports fans think theyre all shitehawks. 

17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Neymar's a wee prick who painted the whole of Scotland as racists, when a German threw a banana at him at Wembley.  I hope his next shite is a massive overweight hedgehog with a Harry Maguire heid. 

:greatpost:

6 hours ago, The Brow said:

All a bit embarrassing eh. The first two roly polys had me cringing. 

Football clashes are shitey handbags affairs. No wonder other sports fans think theyre all shitehawks. 

Indeed!

This is more like it. 🙃

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Gone said:

well then....

Not a dig at you or the post....

Neymar being a ****ing cockwomble story shock.

I wish somebody would well and truly snap the little prick.

Practically everyone on the planet knows the he is a horrible little piece of shit.  He is just lucky he can kick a ball.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Not a dig at you or the post....

Neymar being a ****ing cockwomble story shock.

I wish somebody would well and truly snap the little prick.

Practically everyone on the planet knows the he is a horrible little piece of shit.  He is just lucky he can kick a ball.

This is a bit more than his usual shithousery. Hes been caught racially abusing a Japanese player and then went on to cry about himself being racially abused.

Needs the book thrown at him

1 minute ago, Gone said:

This is a bit more than his usual shithousery. Hes been caught racially abusing a Japanese player and then went on to cry about himself being racially abused.

Needs the book thrown at him

Yeah, that's what I guessed from what you posted.

I thought it was him calling him Chinese though, not Japanese, which he somehow manages to make it even more racist.

He is scum.  Always has been.

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, that's what I guessed from what you posted.

I thought it was him calling him Chinese though, not Japanese, which he somehow manages to make it even more racist.

He is scum.  Always has been.

He calls him a Chinese jobby but the player is Japanese.

I watched them play Reims the other day and he was constantly rolling about and mouthing at the ref. Hugely sad times when Messi and Ronaldo retire and we are left with guys like this at the top of the game

So did anything come of the accusation that Neymar made? Let alone the fact that it turns out, he's the racist one too.

I watched the last 5-10 minutes live, and was as shocked as any to see Neymar's claim afterwards that he was racially abused. It's not my place to say how someone should react to being racially abused, but I'd expect to see a bit more natural hurt and anger. Neymar, as others mentioned, waited til the Marseille player had his back turned then hit him across the back of the head. Then when ordered off, just gobbed off at the officials. Didn't look to me like a man who'd just been racially abused, just looked like Neymar being a dick as usual.

For him to claim he was racially abused, only to be proven as a racist himself is laughable. If it turns out his claim was false, he deserves severely punished. With everything going on in the world in the past few months, false racial allegations are disgusting.

• 10 months later...

Kicking off in another match.

Payet got hit with a bottle in the Nice v Marseille match. Chucked it back into the crowd. Nice fans invaded the pitch to go for him. Match suspended.