Alternative Protest-Old Strips!

JamboTron

I had a thought about what jambos could do as another form of protest against the 'new' regime.

For the first home game(s) of next season, we should dig out old strips, the older the better! This shows a support for the club and its history. I know most hearts tops are basically maroon, so this might not be that obvious from a visual point of view, so all the cheesy (blue and black?!?)away tops would also be good. Just a thought.

Would love to get out my old Admiral top with the white hoops on the arm, still in great nic from the early 90's!

kannymann1
Can you get me a crash course diet then?

Heh heh! Me too. I have an old seventies V neck strip would you believe!! I'm now a 3XL !!

I suppose I could wave it on a stick!!:o

kannymann1
Ahh, a slight flaw I agree!

Just a bit. As a wee consolation you can pop down to the old main stand and buy me a couple o' pies!!:dribble:

Buffalo Bill

If anything, my silver 80s away jersey shows off my six pack superbly well

and any other beers that I'm smuggling.

Buffalo Bill

Guest juvehearts

just had a rallying call between my grandad, dad, uncle, best mate 7 my loft & between the lot of us i think weve got nearly every strip worn since 1983!!

granted some are when i was 5 onwards but some still in great nic, like the maroon tartan one worn only once for a friendly vs fc metz!

i'd be up for that!! :dribble::dribble:

kannymann1
I'd have to shorten in height by a couple of feet for my black/blue away top to fit.

And the wee man as your Avitar is saying "....and he's THIS width now as well!!" ;)

bobsajambo1
I had a thought about what jambos could do as another form of protest against the 'new' regime.

For the first home game(s) of next season, we should dig out old strips, the older the better! This shows a support for the club and its history. I know most hearts tops are basically maroon, so this might not be that obvious from a visual point of view, so all the cheesy (blue and black?!?)away tops would also be good. Just a thought.

Would love to get out my old Admiral top with the white hoops on the arm, still in great nic from the early 90's!

A protest like this really would help ?, not, kill the thread

john brownlee

Oh come on how bad is this going to get

a few induviduals wanting boycotts on here,Here's a boycott for you lot stop going to watch Hearts and go and watch some other team we support the team and Hearts and we dont need you lot so ** off we didnt have you when we playerd Arbroarh and we can do without you now so leave the Hearts to us cause we will persevere(hobo) but then I'm from leith #

I believe and we will come good as always we may not gub the squirm but unlike other scottish teams we will give it a good try.

amen

Do you have a spare 40 million quid lying around? like I said, just a thought.

kannymann1

a few induviduals wanting boycotts on here,Here's a boycott for you lot stop going to watch Hearts and go and watch some other team we support the team and Hearts and we dont need you lot so ** off we didnt have you when we playerd Arbroarh and we can do without you now so leave the Hearts to us cause we will persevere(hobo) but then I'm from leith #

I believe and we will come good as always we may not gub the squirm but unlike other scottish teams we will give it a good try.

amen

The OP was actually about a protest rather than a boycott ........ah well....................bit o' harmless banter; we could always go and watch the Rangers.......now THERE'S a fitba' team......;)

In principle it's surely a good 'non-toxic' idea that would embrace those who dont really want to boycott matches and 'hurt' the club ?

It would also be sufficiently original to grab some headlines - no ?

In reality it would probably need a lot of people to stump up for a 'retro' shirt

though :wacko:!

I haven't bought one since the Strongbow days anyway so I'm actually sorted :P

ill be honest with you m8 nothings going to stop this sick sick man hes his own boss and wants to play with his own toys you can try all different kind of protests but i think you will be wasteing your time

:107years::107years:

slashishere
ill be honest with you m8 nothings going to stop this sick sick man hes his own boss and wants to play with his own toys you can try all different kind of protests but i think you will be wasteing your time

:107years::107years:

CON1210.jpg

amen

Is any of that even in English?

It's hard to tell if you're for it or not? :confused:

Seymour M Hersh

Boo grumpy old man alert!;)

Seymour M Hersh
Is any of that even in English?

It's hard to tell if you're for it or not? :confused:

What he's really saying is "I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter".

So thank you Gabby Johnson for that original wild west gibberish.:)

If anything, my silver 80s away jersey shows off my six pack superbly well

and any other beers that I'm smuggling.

Buffalo Bill

Just looked through my old strips, 85/86 home, 89/90 home(thorn security!), 91/92 away(miller homes), 93/94 home &away(blue&black stripes), 95/96 home & away (blue & white striped), 97/98 home (cup winning one...happy days!!) (ALL STRONGBOW), 01/02 home (all-sports with the badge in the middle of the chest) 04/05 away, (white with light blue shoulders , all-sports) 05/06 away, white (1st ukio bankas) and last season's home and away ones, there's a couple more but can't find them!

Stewart MacD

I`ve got an ancient candystriper and one from around 4 years ago without a sponsor?s ad (it conveniently fell off).

Or.....why not buy a lorryload of pink hoodies and flog them outside tynie?

Captain Lithuania

Only about 2,000 of us would do it because not EVERY Jambo used JKB..

:107years:

After a week of work, getting a burnt pie, losing a bet, watching a poor Hearts team getting humiliated - the last thing I want to see is thousands of moobs poking through skintight and smelly tops from the 80s.

Pass.

But a lot of people wear old strips anyway. How would we know who was demonstrating and who was in their normal strip? Personally I couldn't fit into any of my older ones either........

peebles jambo

why not wear whatever strip you've got, with the sponsors name taped over

my old strips are just that, old, worn out and will never fit

boy_in_maroon

it might not be such a bad idea, if the press, (as they usually do) get wind of such a protest it may be an idea to wear any Hearts top NOT BEARING THE

"UKIO BANKAS" logo, at least then we would not be advertising for this clown so get the old kit out lets see ALEXANDERS, RENAULT, MILLAR HOMES,

THORN, MITA, STRONGBOW, ALL SPORTS, or retro tops

DITCH THE UKIO JERSEY'S :confused::wacko:

mickmaroon
Great idea...:)

...except...:mad:

...a few thousand people turning up in a football stadium with ill-fitting fashions from the 1980s...:eek:

...we'd just be copying our city rivals, again:rolleyes::107years:

:rofl:

:rofl:

what i would like to do is the first home game all supporters turn your backs to the field ok sounds crazy but its all i can think of apart from boycot the matches

I'm up for this, not least because one of my old shirts (the argentina-stripe style away strip from '96) can still contain my increasingly wobbly torso. My Mum always told me to buy stuff to grow into, so this XXXXXXXXL number now fits like a glove...;).

blackjambo

IF there is no 'real' manager in place by the time of the first game - I think that you would get better impact from a black tea-shirt protest. It would certainly stand out more than an assortment of old maroon and like the man said - we'd be emulating the mob from across town. I do like the idea of blanking out the Ukio Bankas name though.

IF there is a real manager in place - why not just get right behind the team and see what happens?

it might not be such a bad idea, if the press, (as they usually do) get wind of such a protest it may be an idea to wear any Hearts top NOT BEARING THE

"UKIO BANKAS" logo, at least then we would not be advertising for this clown so get the old kit out lets see ALEXANDERS, RENAULT, MILLAR HOMES,

THORN, MITA, STRONGBOW, ALL SPORTS, or retro tops

DITCH THE UKIO JERSEY'S :confused::wacko:

Remember the season we got to the quarter-final of the UEFA Cup? (88/89) We started that season without a sponsor, it was the same strip as the Thorn Security one (but the season before). As we got to the Euro Q/F and signed Tosh McKinlay from Dundee, also brought Robertson back, we suddenly had a 6 month sponsor from a company called Novafone, anyone remember it?

IF there is no 'real' manager in place by the time of the first game - I think that you would get better impact from a black tea-shirt protest. It would certainly stand out more than an assortment of old maroon and like the man said - we'd be emulating the mob from across town. I do like the idea of blanking out the Ukio Bankas name though.

IF there is a real manager in place - why not just get right behind the team and see what happens?

I'm sure that we'll all calm down if a real manager is appointed. However No harm in toying with these ideas all the same :).............and I like the black T-shirt idea. That would involve little or no cost and if we could get the message out beyond the confines of JKB it could be a winner. Once again though, it will hopefully not be required ;)

tinydancer

Why don't you stick your protest up your erchie and go and support the team? Controversial i know but it might just work!!!:) :107years:

Why don't you stick your protest up your erchie and go and support the team? Controversial i know but it might just work!!!:) :107years:

I thought that was the plan...............supporting the team but quietly protesting about the owner :P

Archived