9/11 Never Forget Footage.

maroonlegions

55 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I’ll get round to watching this mate, thanks for putting it on.  But does this include the story of the bloke that scientists believe fell umpteen floors and landed on the rubble about 7 up?

It was an incredible story and in a newspaper some years ago.  The guy was working in an office way up in the clouds and woke up looking at the sky on a flat piece of rubble, approx 7 floors up.  He said he couldn’t tell if he was dreaming such was the shock and unreal situation.  His body was battered but he was alive, of course.

Scientists, after much investigation, came to the conclusion he got trapped in an air pocket during the collapse. The reason it was exclusively investigated was because people thought he was telling lies, a bit of a story teller. Amongst many things, it was confirmed he was working many floors up that day above his landing place.  

Edited by Debut 4

27 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’ll get round to watching this mate, thanks for putting it on.  But does this include the story of the bloke that scientists believe fell umpteen floors and landed on the rubble about 7 up?

It was an incredible story and in a newspaper some years ago.  The guy was working in an office way up in the clouds and woke up looking at the sky on a flat piece of rubble, approx 7 floors up.  He said he couldn’t tell if he was dreaming such was the shock and unreal situation.  His body was battered but he was alive, of course.

Scientists, after much investigation, came to the conclusion he got trapped in an air pocket during the collapse. The reason it was exclusively investigated was because people thought he was telling lies, a bit of a story teller. Amongst many things, it was confirmed he was working many floors up that day above his landing place.  

Snopes fact checking site.

Rumor holds that a man survived a multi-story fall from the World Trade Center, riding down on the explosion like a surfer.

13 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's just ignored though eh, or put down to a mistake, just like the missing trillians and all the evidence being destroyed, no evidence of a plane actually crashing into the pentagon, all the security camera's conveniently missing the impact. etc etc

We're all just off our nut though and nobody ever lies. 

If people want to believe the official story produced by the main stream media then that's their choice. Me, I have my beliefs on what could have happened. Each to their own.

Worthing Jambo

The wife, me and three other couples were flying Gatwick to Orlando that day.

The flight took off an hour late thankfully.

Also, thankfully, it was an A340 so had enough fuel to get us back to Gatwick.

A 9 hour return trip and not told why until we landed.

Being a smart arse, I had noticed that the sun was shining through the right hand windows and told everyone that we had turned around.

The Captain then came on and said “can I have everyone’s attention”.

I never want to have that feeling on a plane again!

Are we going down, have we been hijacked?

Just knew that something wasn’t right!

The cabin crew were lined up stern faced in the aisles.

”There has been an incident this morning in the US and as a result US airspace has been closed.”

The relief was palpable.

Little did we know!

”As a result, we have calculated that we have enough fuel to get you back to Gatwick. Trust us, that is the best option.”

4 hours of speculation as to what had happened.

The conclusion was that Airtours were stingy barstewards and they were flying us back to Gatwick to refuel and get a fresh crew.

Little did we know!

On landing the captain then said “ we can now tell you what happened today”.

There were shrieks and tears throughout the plane.

Still, nothing compared to those unfortunate enough to be on those planes!

4 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

The wife, me and three other couples were flying Gatwick to Orlando that day.

The flight took off an hour late thankfully.

Also, thankfully, it was an A340 so had enough fuel to get us back to Gatwick.

A 9 hour return trip and not told why until we landed.

Being a smart arse, I had noticed that the sun was shining through the right hand windows and told everyone that we had turned around.

The Captain then came on and said “can I have everyone’s attention”.

I never want to have that feeling on a plane again!

Are we going down, have we been hijacked?

Just knew that something wasn’t right!

The cabin crew were lined up stern faced in the aisles.

”There has been an incident this morning in the US and as a result US airspace has been closed.”

The relief was palpable.

Little did we know!

”As a result, we have calculated that we have enough fuel to get you back to Gatwick. Trust us, that is the best option.”

4 hours of speculation as to what had happened.

The conclusion was that Airtours were stingy barstewards and they were flying us back to Gatwick to refuel and get a fresh crew.

Little did we know!

On landing the captain then said “ we can now tell you what happened today”.

There were shrieks and tears throughout the plane.

Still, nothing compared to those unfortunate enough to be on those planes!

Wow. That's incredible.

On 11/09/2020 at 17:45, luckyBatistuta said:

Never watched anything to do with that tragedy for many years and I now know why. I actually had tears in my eyes listening to that poor woman asking her partner to tell her children that she loved them. 

Same. What gets me is how calm she sounds. Almost as if she’s accepted her fate.

It really is harrowing to listen to.

On 11/09/2020 at 11:37, Maple Leaf said:

I second that.  I get choked up thinking about those poor, doomed people.  It's impossible to imagine the anguish of the victims who chose to jump to their death rather than be roasted alive.

I remember reading a story at the time which said that there were insurance companies hinting that they might not be paying out on the life insurance of 'jumpers'. Because their policies don't pay out on suicide.

I presume the powers that be quickly stepped in and informed them don't you dare even think that shit for a second longer. They died during a terrorist attack. End of.  

First time I've seen that footage. I remember that day like the back of my hand. I was still living in my girl's flat in Craigshill. She was on the net in her room. Her pal had Sky news on. I just remember watching the 2nd plane hit the building and watching it crumble to the ground. As someone else has said, harrowing stuff.

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I remember reading a story at the time which said that there were insurance companies hinting that they might not be paying out on the life insurance of 'jumpers'. Because their policies don't pay out on suicide.

I presume the powers that be quickly stepped in and informed them don't you dare even think that shit for a second longer. They died during a terrorist attack. End of.  

I wonder if they did the same with Grenfell Tower?

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to be honest.

Just finished watching 9/11: Escape from the Towers, on Sky history last night.

Some amazing stories and some very sad ones, taking a wrong turn was the difference 

between life and death that day for some.

12 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Several years ago I watched a TV program that had actual footage of the firemen gathering in the lobby of one of the Towers.  They were discussing the action to be taken to get up the stairs to fight the fires.  During the discussion there were frequent odd bangs from outside.  One of the fireman explained that the bangs were people hitting the ground.

Copied this off Facebook from a couple of days ago:

On this day... 19 years (September 10th) ago 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift. None of them saw past 10:00am Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.

On 12/09/2020 at 02:14, Debut 4 said:

By coincidence I was talking about this with someone the other day. I believe 'the bubble/pocket' theory is right, so although he fell 20-odd floors, he didn't actually fall more than about 5 ft at a time so not enough to cause serious injury. In effect, he 'bounced' down through the rubble. Incredibly lucky guy.

Edited by trotter

On 11/09/2020 at 23:53, JFK-1 said:

Reconstruction of the final minutes of flight 93. Storming the cockpit.

Watched this when the film came out - in the context of the whole film, the last few mins is not an easy watch. As a tribute to those who tried to make a difference  when faced with an impossible situation i think it is good.